Page 181 of 264 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191231 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,810 of 2637

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 181

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm going to give that a try, especially as I seem to want to eat cashew butter with apples all the time. I don't, of course, because that wouldn't work out too well. But it would be good to work some more fat in there. I remember a few months ago discovering that almond butter + coconut oil + honey is outrageously good and actually very satiating.

I must go listen to some primal stuff.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Nearly 8 hours of sleep. Read through the weekly sale flyers over coffee, and headed out for errands. Reasonably productive. I did return to Costco to buy a pair of those Cloudveil pants in size small, same colour grey as the pair I picked up in medium. I can get into the smalls, but they are too tight to wear in public without being having obscene sausage like legs. I've tucked them in the closet with the intent to be wearing them comfortably and nonobscenely in a few months.

LHT late afternoon.
    assisted pullups 4 sets and assisted chinups 1 set
    OHP 35 lbs x 8, 40 lbs x 6, 50 lbs x 5 x 3 sets
    squats 45 x 8, 95 x 5, 105 x 5, 105 x 5, 95 x 5
    bench press 45 x 8, 65 x 5, 70 x 5, 75 x 5, 75 x 5
    deadlifts 95 x 5, 105 x 5, 105 x 5, 115 x 5, 115 x 5
    front and side planks.

Felt good. Nice to see strength gains. Let the body recomposition begin. Well, it has begun a little bit, I'm ready for more.

Eats thus far:
    coffee
    bone broth
    cup of blueberries
    pistachios
    chunk of brie.

Upcoming for dinner will be beef tenderloin steak (possibly bacon wrapped) with mushrooms and peppers. And wine.

The beef tenderloin was bacon wrapped, and scrumptious. Son #2 had his later on and declared it "exquisite". I also had baked purple sweet potato, the white fleshed sort, baked and topped with butter. Oh so good. A firmer texture than the regular orange fleshed backed sweet potato, and less sweet. Highly recommended.

Errands done today, stocking up on stuff for the "men" in my absence. Also picked up a new phone case as mine broke more than a month ago and I've been toting it around nekkid. This one is aqua with light blue. I like it more than the previous red and black.

Laundry is on the go, packing is next. Shouldn't be too bad, but I must remember my umbrella, as the forecast for there is lots of rain this week. LOTS of rain. Too bad, it might hamper my desire to do a bunch of walking around. We'll see. It does pose a challenge for footwear, unfortunately. Flight isn't until mid afternoon, which is good and gets me there at a decent time to unpack and get dinner and an early bed.

A decent bit of stiffness from the LHT yesterday. I won't have access to decent weights for the week, but do plan to do stuff regularly. And get decent sleep.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I did return to Costco to buy a pair of those Cloudveil pants in size small, same colour grey as the pair I picked up in medium. I can get into the smalls, but they are too tight to wear in public without being having obscene sausage like legs. I've tucked them in the closet with the intent to be wearing them comfortably and nonobscenely in a few months.
    The way you are working out, I bet you are in them before you know it!

Laundry is on the go, packing is next. Shouldn't be too bad, but I must remember my umbrella, as the forecast for there is lots of rain this week. LOTS of rain. Too bad, it might hamper my desire to do a bunch of walking around. We'll see. It does pose a challenge for footwear, unfortunately.
    You NEED a pair of really cute rubber boots!!

Have a great time!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    The way you are working out, I bet you are in them before you know it!
    I hope so! Either that or my thighs will be larger from squats!
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    You NEED a pair of really cute rubber boots!!
    Haha. That would be a great idea, but no room with having to pack my combat boots!

Have some packing done, will finish tomorrow. My list is made and stuff is set aside, at least the important stuff.

Dinner was late, ended up unexpectedly driving son #2's girlfriend home, she lives way across town, so a bit of a pain, but wasn't going to say no. She seems like a nice kid.

I've been playing around with the shangri la oil shot thingy. We'll see how that pans out. I have found the last week I do seem to be having some appetite suppression, which in interesting. I have managed to stay away from the sweet stuff for a while, I did consider the reese pb minis at the grocery today, but gave them a miss. I'm bringing some eloo in my suitcase, so aim to continue this week. Might be interesting while on the road.

Eats:
    coffee
    12: leftover steak, mushrooms and 1/4 purple sweet potato with 2 eggs
    5: kombucha, more pistachios than intended (finished the bag)
    830: salmon pan fried in butter, salad.
    Wine.

Son #1 thus far remains uninjured on his snowboard trip. After boarding all day tomorrow, they're back on the bus for an overnight ride home. Back Monday afternoon, so I won't see him until I get back next weekend. When I asked if he was sore after the first day, he quickly declared that glutamine was saving the day. He remembered to pack some with him, which is more than I can say for his ski pants. Ended up renting a pair of those rather than buying a new pair. Sounds like he's having fun, anyway.

I've been playing around with the shangri la oil shot thingy. We'll see how that pans out. I have found the last week I do seem to be having some appetite suppression, which in interesting.
    Me too

Hopefully Son #1 will come home uninjured and with everything he took with him
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Made to the west coast. Rainy and +6C, quite a change from home. I realized when about 4 blocks from home in the taxi that I'd forgotten to pack jammies. Perhaps I'll go commando. I seem to have everything else. Including umbrella. With our club points, I got an upgrade to a king sized bed on the 14th floor. I think there will be a decent view if the low cloud and rain lifts.

Son #1 is on the bus for home, uninjured (yay!) and worn out. He should be home by mid afternoon tomorrow.

After checking into the hotel and unpacking, I went for a wander. I was rather excited to find a Whole Foods 3 blocks away. I took a good long wander inside, and picked up dinner from there from the hot takeout line. Not particularly inexpensive, but a good selection of organic stuff, if you can pick around the stuff with soy and grains.

Eats:
    coffee
    12: small pork loin chop with mushroom cream sauce
    730pm: roast chicken leg quarter, ginger mashed sweet potato, beet & brussel sprout salad, a bit of orange sesame chicken, bok choi with shitake mushrooms. A chocolate mousse.
    2 glasses of wine.

Pretty done in now, I'm 2 hours ahead of local time. Early start to the day, so most likely off to sleep soon, which should get me a good 8 hours for sure. The forecast for the week here is LOTS of rain. Ah well. I believe the training is 730-430 daily, so likely a busy week. I haven't done the "required" pre-readings. I figure I'll manage okay .

About 8 hours of sleep, I seemed to wake often, but seemed restful otherwise, aside from a nasty thankfully short lived calf cramp around 5 am. Ugh. Hotel bed is quite comfy.

A good first day, both lectures and hands on lab stuff, caught up with some old colleagues and met new others. Classes ran 730 to 530, so a rather long but interesting day. Much of the group decided on Brazilian BBQ for dinner, so how was I to say no to that?! Fit in one set of squats and pushups in my room after class before dinner. Not much, but something, anyway.

Eats:
    coffee
    green tea
    L: cafeteria burger pattie on lettuce & tomato, topped with processed swiss cheese and bacon with cilantro aoili, small spinach salad with strawberry, goat cheese, pecans and red onion
    D: brazilian BBQ - lots of meat, assorted salad bar bits, one small brazilian cheese bun. Quite primal, aside from some likely dubious oils in a few of the salad bar items. Wine.
    some chocolate after returning to my room.

Pretty much done in, tomorrow is live tissue lab stuff, so some rest would be a good thing.

Brazilian BBQ!!
    Excellent!
    (I'd have had to go out there and kick you if you'd turned it down!)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy