Page 180 of 249 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 2490

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 180

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Oh, we've had several major issues in the past year and a half, particularly with #2. Fortunately, those particular issues seem to be at a low level for the past while. Still not where I'd like, but not where I was thinking it might go at a few points in time.

Today, they're just dingbats who have a lot of growing up to do.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Do they ever grow up???
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Do they ever grow up???
    I'm hoping so.

Apparently we did. As did my stepbrother, who's the same age as me, and apparently has done so over the past 5 years, from what my mom tells me, I'm not interested in any relationship there.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Just think of when you are aged and they are going to have to wipe up drool and piss and whatnot...but wait, we aren't going to end up in that state! Change that to when you are retired they will have to purchase your lift tickets for you and buy new gym equipment every so often.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Ha, yes, we've had that discussion! #2 says not going to happen re wiping butts, #1 is anticipating making it big in business, so has mentioned at one point buying us a beachside island vacation home, I'd settle for an annual month long cruise or something like that. I'll believe that when I see it.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I say the beachside island vacation home AND the annual month long cruise. Mark might start doing primal cruises!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Son #1 is on the 16 hour bus ride enroute to Banff. I told him to leave his car keys out in case we need to move his car, and phoned him this morning before he left (had a ride with a buddy's parents), and he said all was good and he was all sorted out. Got a text later on that apparently his car keys are with him, and he forgot to pack his ski pants (WTH?) so could we transfer $ to his account from his paycheque that we just deposited for him so he can buy another pair at the mountain. Good grief. And he took a thermos full of chocolate milk when he left the house, and apparently left it somewhere between home and getting on the bus. .
    Hahaha! Reminds me of Surfer Son's trip to South Africa. He left several items in my car.

Son #2 got home by bus later than he'd expected, gee, weather does that. Was supposed to have a last minute driving lesson before his test, but he was too late for that. And couldn't find his license, so had to pay $10 to reissue so he could do the test. Which he did not pass. Which the refresher lesson on the finer testing points would have helped. Restest in 2 weeks. And the gal is over here this evening. She seems to be a girlfriend at this point.
    Boys!
    Congrats on the girlfriend!

Egads, someday they'll learn to have some of that responsibility/accountability that I seem to be talking to the walls about.
    Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I say the beachside island vacation home AND the annual month long cruise.
    Yes!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Gym time today was a treadmill walk of a bit over 3 miles. Lots of stretching afterwards for the tight knee and hips. I need to do the yoga pigeon pose more often, it's challenging but quite helpful.

Got a bunch of stuff done at work. Not everything I had hoped for the week, but lots of it, and the critical stuff is crossed off the to do list. I have a bunch of pre readings for the course next week, but have stuff printed out and the online links available for the rest. Should be a good week.

Son #1 made it Banff, had a brief text, sounds like he didn't sleep on the bus and was rather exhausted this morning on the mountain at Lake Louise. I'm sure he'll survive. #2 was commiserating as I took him to a friend's place that he should have been able to drive himself, and that he needs to do better on the next attempt, as it's all up to him. Gee, really?

Tried something today I heard about on a Balanced Bites podcast. If using nut butters, to minimize the O6 and potential gut irritating effects of nut consumption, mix your nut butter with coconut butter/creamed coconut. This way you still get the flavour you're looking for plus the healthier fats from the coconut. It was very good, and I'd recommend it. I sliced an apple and dipped the slices into the nut/coconut butter and felt more satiated than with nut butter alone.

Eats:
    coffee, bone broth, green tea
    L: lamb liver pate with cream cheese on celery. Tiny apple with almond butter/coconut butter
    Fruity herbal tea
    D: skinless chicken thighs with seasoned salt/onion powder/garlic powder/smoked paprika fried in bacon fat, half a cup of buttered rice, roasted brussel sprouts
    Rum & zevia.

It was a horrid -42 pretty much all day outside. That's the same in C or F. Pretty much the same for tomorrow. Ugh. Day off tomorrow, have errands, household maintenance stuff and prep for the week away on the agenda. Plus a workout.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Tried something today I heard about on a Balanced Bites podcast. If using nut butters, to minimize the O6 and potential gut irritating effects of nut consumption, mix your nut butter with coconut butter/creamed coconut. This way you still get the flavour you're looking for plus the healthier fats from the coconut. It was very good, and I'd recommend it. I sliced an apple and dipped the slices into the nut/coconut butter and felt more satiated than with nut butter alone.
    Interesting. I'm not that far in the podcasts. Are you talking about the coconut that comes in the box? Is coconut butter the same thing? I wonder what would happen if you made the microwave muffins with that combo? (btw, I like the muffins better if they're baked in the oven.)

And I agree. -42 is HORRID!

I thought it was cold today at -4
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Are you talking about the coconut that comes in the box? Is coconut butter the same thing? I wonder what would happen if you made the microwave muffins with that combo? (btw, I like the muffins better if they're baked in the oven.)
    I have the blocks of creamed coconut in the box that I find at Superstore for about $1.39 and a jar of fancy pants coconut butter from the health food store. They're pretty much the same thing, only difference I can see is that with the boxed stuff, you have to warm it enough to squish the separated oil into the fleshy stuff. Tastes just the same, so to me, they're interchangeable, and the boxed stuff is 80% cheaper. Worth a try using it in the muffins, but the extra coconut fat might change the texture? I've never tried them in the oven. Microwave has worked fine for me. Dense, more of a heavy brownie or lava cake sort of texture than a muffin texture.

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I thought it was cold today at -4
    Seriously? I should be hating you now . This is beyond stupid cold.