Page 18 of 273 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 18

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    August challenge day 16.

1. Eat lots of plants and animals.

B: coffee with coconut milk (trying for a change up)
    L: BAS with lots of added veggies, 1/2 a small avocado, tin of salmon
    S: 1 turkey pepperoni stick and a spoonful of macadamia nut butter
    D: some leftover ribs, last of the eggplant (gulped down, short on time between taxiing kids to practices and games)
    S: few walnuts, bowl of blueberries & strawberries with HWC

2. Avoid poisonous things.
    Yes.

3. Move frequently at a slow pace.
    Not much.

4. Lift heavy things.
    Squeezed in the PBF LHT workout at the park between kid taxi stuff. Really felt it in both arms & legs, will surely feel it more tomorrow! Nice, intense, and short workout.

5. Sprint once in a while.
    Only by car...

6. Get adequate sleep.

6.5 hours.

7. Play.
    ??

8. Get adequate sunlight.

No. 5000 IU Vit D.

9. Avoid stupid mistakes.
    Good here.

10. Use your brain.

More than I wanted to at work. Again with work brought home. This new position I'm getting some handover in along with lots of tasks is going to keep me damn busy. Need to make sure I manage the stresses that come with it.

TAWFUNGUY is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for sharing your update! Keep up the good work!

August challenge day 17.

B: coffee with coconut milk
    L: 3 eggs done as fat guacamole devils topped with bacon crumbles
    S: coconut milk (maybe 1/4 to 1/3 cup) with cocoa powder mixed in...wow, creamy pudding like, fabulous and filling snack. This was the thick post refrigeration type coconut milk.
    D: 830 pm (after kid game). 2 SOG chicken thighs, sauteed cabbage & mushrooms in butter & bacon fat.

The IF thing is not really happening this week, but I'm okay with that. One week of the month it really doesn't work for me, so why torture myself. Seem to be up a few pounds with what I am completely certain is water weight. Transient, but a pain in the ass.

Check.

Very little.

4. Lift heavy things
    No. Not too sore from yesterday either, feel it but not sore.

Going to get there eventually...

6. Get adequate sleep.
    6 hours. The kids have some very late training sessions this week (as in until after 11pm), so getting to bed early won't happen, and I still have to leave for work before 7 am.

7. Play.
    Son # 2's team had a good game tonight.

Not. 5000 IU Vit D.

Good.

10. Use your brain.
    Until 4pm.

Tired this evening.

Your creamy chocolate pudding mixture sounds great! I am actually thinking about trying that for a late night snack! LOL Thanks for sharing!

Tawfunguy, I was pretty impressed by the pudding thing, just something I came up with that sounded good at the time when I was hungry and knew I wouldn't be home to eat for 3 hours or so. Will definitely have it again when the need arises.

Good grief, just had a long interruption dealing with teenager issues...had a visit from parents of a friend of my kids related to some stuff the kids have allegedly been up to...like I need more stress in my life? Think we've nipped things in the bud, for now, anyway.

August challenge day 18.

B: coffee with coconut milk
    L: smallish piece of pork ribs, one HB egg
    S: macadamia nuts & pecans.
    D: 5 chinese spice beef & broccoli from the PB cookbook.
    Had some wine last night, and tonight too. Obviously not on target here.

See #1.

Not much. Had good intentions to get out walking, but let life get in the way.

4. Lift heavy things.
    No.

No.

6. Get adequate sleep.
    6ish hours.

7. Play.
    Not really.

5000 IU Vit D.

Didn't succumb to the urge to lock the teenagers in the closet until they turn 21. Didn't lose temper either.

10. Use your brain.
    More than I wanted to.

Things still looking great! Keep up the great work! Remember to make some time to play though!

Play, yes, need to work much harder on that one.

August challenge day 19.

B: coffee with HWC
    S: 1/2 cup semi frozen coconut milk. Interesting.
    S: too many nuts, 2 turkey pepperoni sticks, 2 slices hot genoa salami
    D: ribeye steak (fantastic), sauteed mushrooms in butter/bacon fat, my own caesar salad (sans bacon, as I had none cooked). Cab merlot (it is Friday, after all). Passed on a good English beer hubby brought me.

Wine.

Minimal.

4. Lift heavy things.

Good intentions, but not materialized.

No.

6. Get adequate sleep.
    6 hours.

7. Play.
    Sensing a theme here.

5000 IU Vit D.

I think skipping my workout counts here as a big fat NO.

10. Use your brain.
    Plodding through an online education module at work. Thankfully no brain needed later.

Usual Saturday morning trip early to the farmers' market for tomorrow, then 4 hours at the soccer pitch in the sun for back to back kids' games. Shopping & errands in the afternoon, then heading to friends for dinner (believe it will be ribs). They know how we're eating and do try to accommodate. I'm going to politely ignore the CW bottled BBQ sauce for the ribs.

I'm going to workout tomorrow before we go out. That's a promise to myself, damn it.

A butt kicking day so far. As in me kicking my own butt in to action.

August challenge day 20.

B: coffee with HWC
    L: IF
    D: Going out to friends for the evening. Expecting ribs, scallops, shrimp, veggies. Wine, etc. Might have a quick nibble of turkey pepperoni (1 stick) to take my vitamins (multi, omega 3, D) with before we go.

There will no doubt be a bit of sugar and perhaps some less than ideal oils in the upcoming dinner.

Some.

4. Lift heavy things.

Did the LHT day in the park. Incline pushups 25/23, reverse pullups/chinups 4 x 2, prisoner squats 50 x 2, jackknife press 15/12, elbow/feet plank 90 sec x 2, side elbow/feet 45 sec x 2 each side. Feeling great.

Did 5 sprints down the soccer field (12 to 20 sec each) after the LHT. Sprinting in the VFFs on grass is fabulous. The foot automatically lands where it needs to be, no heel strike in sight, and it was really comfortable (well, aside from the huffing and puffing by me at the end of each sprint).

6. Get adequate sleep.

6 hours. Should have been more, up late and lots to do this morning.

7. Play.
    Cheered on 1 not so great and 1 really great kid soccer games. And today, I count my workout, both the LHT and the sprints as fun. Plus this evening will be a great time on the friends' deck.

Yep. 4000 IU Vit D anyway.

Doing good here.

10. Use your brain.

A bit.

Great score at the farmers' market today: lettuce, cucumbers, kale, purple veined spinach, broccoli, cauliflower, grass fed ground lamb, and scored getting at least 10 lbs of beef suet to make tallow come butchering season this fall from the grass fed beef farmer!! He says I'm the first person to ever ask him about getting beef fat to use for cooking fat, but is pleased to be able to get it for me.

I'm feeling pretty damn primal today. RAWR!

Suse is offline Senior Member
    RAWR. I like it . You're going great GS!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Last night's dinner was great. Had a caesar, appetizer was bacon wrapped scallops with water chestnut or shrimp with a glass of pineau (white wine with cognac), then really tasty back ribs, grilled veggies, curried tomato/mushroom salad, green salad with mango, strawberries & toasted almond slices. Several glasses of sauvignon bland. Dessert was grilled peaches in honey with ginger/almond vanilla ice cream with raspberries on top. Sweet but tasty. Then later, a cheese plate with some port and one 'special' coffee. A lot more sugar than I've had in a long time, but I enjoyed it all thoroughly and am not feeling ill effects today, at least it was grain free. Maybe a bit fuzzy from the alcohol in the morning, but that passed.

August challenge day 21.

B/L: coffee with HWC, 2 jumbo eggs (probably more like 3-4 normal sized eggs) scrambled with mushrooms & spinach, one pastured pork breakfast sausage. Cooked the eggs in the sausage pan with the leftover fat. Nomnomnom.
    D: Planning on grilling some gluten free smoked sausages with salad, probably sauerkraut.
    Having a lovely beer while sitting on the deck (the one I didn't have on Friday)

A fair bit last night. Today not bad.

70 min walk in the sun. Calves were a bit tight today after yesterday's sprints, but have loosened up now.

4. Lift heavy things.
    Yesterday.

Yesterday.

6. Get adequate sleep.

8 hours.

7. Play.
    Counting my walk here, plus puttering around in the kitchen making some fresh mayo. Also floated around the pool in the sun after walking.

Yep. 4000 IU Vit D anyway.

I believe so.

10. Use your brain.
    More paleo podcast listening while walking. Lots of interesting stuff. Doesn't all fit completely with primal, but lots of good info.

Might make a clafouti again this evening, the chocolate-blueberry is a big hit with all my boys.