Page 179 of 249 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 2490

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 179

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I've bought some of my favorite clothes at Costco! We don't have them in Maine.

Bra allowance! That's the funniest thing I've ever read on this forum!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I've bought some of my favorite clothes at Costco! We don't have them in Maine.

Bra allowance! That's the funniest thing I've ever read on this forum!
    Yeah, the bra allowance is funny. I think it's because there's a regulation that women must wear bras while in uniform. Whatever. I'll take advantage!

And the pants fit very well. They're a medium, I'm wondering if for that price I should pick up a pair in small for later .

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    And the pants fit very well. They're a medium, I'm wondering if for that price I should pick up a pair in small for later .
    Yes, you should!

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Yes, you should!
    I just might! The hips and bum fit decent, though the waist could be more snug, and it's a low waist. But the colour decisions...I bought grey, which is great, there is also navy and black. They also have a button to roll up to capris for warmer weather. Hmmm.

Get 'em! I bought a couple of pairs of pants while I was losing weight pretty rapidly and they are huge now - I only wore them one time. I should have gotten a smaller size, but I was afraid to. No fear!

Just under 7 hours of sleep. Felt fine, but still need more. Silly me to just stay up too late for no good reason.

Didn't get back to Costco today, despite it being 5 min from home. Will attempt to do so before the end of the week. They also had the cookbook "Paleo Slow Cooking" (or whatever the title is) for $18. I might pick that up too.

Despite the plans for mushroom sauced pork chops, after work I ended up driving way across town, picking up son #2 from a friend's house and delivering him to a girl's place. She was here on the weekend. It was a bit over an hour by the time I got back home, had had a post workout snack after work before the drive, and when I got home at 630, I wasn't interested in a big meal nor the required prep. Both kids were out (son #1 at work), and hubby was "meh, whatever". Thus bacon saved the day. Very versatile stuff, bacon.

Did a good LHT session at the end of the workday. Was planning on noon, but was hungry so ate instead. 4 or 5 sets of each: assisted pullups/chinups; squats to 95 lbs; OHP to 50 lbs; deadlifts to 115 lbs; bench press to 70 lbs; front and side planks. Good stuff. Shoulders are looking good, and I can see some ab definition, despite the flabby layer overtop. It will come. Come off, that is.

Eats:
    black coffee
    bone broth, green tea
    L: lamb liver pate with cream cheese on celery (still loving that stuff)
    5pm: small banana with almond butter, 6 walnut halves.
    720: 4 thick slices crispy pork belly, few bits of bacon ends.
    There may be pistachios in a bit.

Boys each had final exams for semester 1 today, say it went well. #1 thinks he "killed" physics. Guess last night's power study session with friends paid off. Son #1 leaves on his snowboard school trip tomorrow for 6 days, and son #2 has his road test for driver's license. Fingers crossed for both. But that means that now #2 will want to borrow my car...just when I had got back used to not sharing with #1. Ah well. Hopefully he'll be the exception to most kids and pass on the first attempt. His brother didn't pass until the third try.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Didn't get back to Costco today, despite it being 5 min from home.
    That would NOT be a good thing for me!

Did a good LHT session at the end of the workday. Was planning on noon, but was hungry so ate instead. 4 or 5 sets of each: assisted pullups/chinups; squats to 95 lbs; OHP to 50 lbs; deadlifts to 115 lbs; bench press to 70 lbs; front and side planks. Good stuff. Shoulders are looking good, and I can see some ab definition, despite the flabby layer overtop. It will come. Come off, that is.
    Very good stuff!

Daughter has her final exam tomorrow. I hope Son #1 has a better time this trip! What's the weather going to be like for Son #2's test tomorrow? Booking drive tests in the winter is always iffy. (University Son and Surfer Son both needed 3 tests too)
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post

I hope Son #1 has a better time this trip! What's the weather going to be like for Son #2's test tomorrow? Booking drive tests in the winter is always iffy.
    Anticipated -18 and partly sunny, no precipitation. Streets are reasonably plowed, but snowbanks are rather high at intersections.

I'm hoping son #1 doesn't break anything again...or gets into unsanctioned activities...if so, they get flown home at parental (read...HIS expense). Several of his buddies going are now 18, which is legal age in Alberta. He says "no worries, Mom". Of course.

Of note, dingbat son #2 has blown the bus schedule to get home...unless he does a 2 hour ride via downtown on 4 busses, so says he's staying at this gal's house tonight and will bus home in time for his road test tomorrow. I'm not impressed. But I"m not driving an hour across time at past my bedtime to get him. He should have been home to get to at least part of his morning classes at the tech school before his test. . Kids. The death of me. Well, at least he just called me, since his phone seems to be dead.

Son #1 is on the 16 hour bus ride enroute to Banff. I told him to leave his car keys out in case we need to move his car, and phoned him this morning before he left (had a ride with a buddy's parents), and he said all was good and he was all sorted out. Got a text later on that apparently his car keys are with him, and he forgot to pack his ski pants (WTH?) so could we transfer $ to his account from his paycheque that we just deposited for him so he can buy another pair at the mountain. Good grief. And he took a thermos full of chocolate milk when he left the house, and apparently left it somewhere between home and getting on the bus. .

Son #2 got home by bus later than he'd expected, gee, weather does that. Was supposed to have a last minute driving lesson before his test, but he was too late for that. And couldn't find his license, so had to pay $10 to reissue so he could do the test. Which he did not pass. Which the refresher lesson on the finer testing points would have helped. Restest in 2 weeks. And the gal is over here this evening. She seems to be a girlfriend at this point.

Egads, someday they'll learn to have some of that responsibility/accountability that I seem to be talking to the walls about.

Busy at work, but making progress on stuff that needs doing before I go away. No time for the gym at work and not in the mood after. After a few days of mild weather, it's back to snowy, blowy, and frigid.

Eats:
    coffee
    green tea
    L: tin of wild salmon, half an avocado, avocado oil, squeeze of lime, small green olives
    D: 2 pork loin chops with mushroom cream sauce, cauliflower rice, bit of broccoli & carrot.

I should have only taken one chop for dinner. It just tasted so good. And was already on my plate fully sauced. So I ate it, and now I'm still feeling very full 2 hours later.

My knee is feeling much better, but the hips remain tight. And the shoulder ache is more of a kink in the upper back, which is very annoying. Sort of a heated burning feeling on and off. Feels very knotted. Must enlist hubby to work it out later.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Just be thankful it's minor issues. Out of our four two have had major issues this last year!
    Female 52 travel for business monthly
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html