Page 178 of 270 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188228 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 2693

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 178

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Continuing stupid cold, and on top of that we got snow and high winds for the last half of the day. I had to drive out for dinner after driving home from work, me, the boss, and another gal in town who deals with our careers from the HQ. Got caught up on a bunch of gossip about people in our branch, and chatted about a bunch of work stuff, but a good time. Still crappy out, but managed the slick roads fine by going slow.

No gym time today, with meetings and briefings, plus heading right out for dinner. Just home a short while ago. The plans for the position moves and my promotion seem to be all sorted out, so should get the official word within a couple of weeks. Very good indeed.

Eats:
    coffee
    L: a ham smokie, sauerkraut, bit of fried potatoes (just as good the second day)
    bone broth
    D: small sirloin steak with fries. Club soda.
    A cider now that I'm home.

After yesterday's LHT session, I'm not sore today, which is excellent. Also a good indicator I'm adjusting to the load and probably ready to up the weights. I think Saturday will be my next lifting day.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Stupid cold, love that expression

Not being sore the day after LTH is excellent!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Stupid cold, love that expression
    Ha! I use that phrase a lot here. In my head, stupid cold is anything in the -35 range and colder. Walking from the parking lot to the building after lunch today, I thought I had lost my nose, and the eyes were watering wickedly. Not so nice at the best of times, and worse when wearing mascara.

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Not being sore the day after LTH is excellent!
    Agreed. It also means I need to keep it up to prevent the nasty DOMS from returning as badly.

Yup, still cold. Supposed to warm up over the weekend. I'll believe that when I see it. Streets are all wickedly icy, too.

Squeezed in a 3+ mile treadmill walk in today. Always a good thing. Hips are feeling sort of tight, need to remember to pull out the foam roller tonight. I've used it a couple of times this week, and it does help.

Eats:
    coffee
    bone broth
    L: lamb liver pate, cream cheese, celery.
    few walnuts, few almonds, tsp of coconut butter and a tsp of nutella after work
    Steak with mushrooms and peppers on deck for tonight. Debating whether I'm up to using the BBQ, probably will, as it's "only" -25C and not windy. Better than it's been all week.

The BBQ'd steaks turned out rather lovely. Saved a third of it for today's breakfast. Typical end to a work week, hubby and I each fell asleep in our respective hangout spots and eventually toddled off to bed. I woke after 9 hours feeling reasonable decent. Grocery restocking done, a few other odds and ends. Have to pick up a bunch of snack things for son #1, he leaves on Wed for the school snowboard/ski trip to Banff for 6 days. Yes, this is the same trip where last year, he fell on the last run of the last day and broke his wrist. Hopefully not to be the case this year. So far, I've got him jerky and trail mix.

Almost talked myself out of going to the gym, but did get there late afternoon. Upped the weights on all lifts. Did about 5 sets with low reps for the heavy sets. Assisted pullups/chinups, squats to 105 lbs, OHP to 50 lbs (25 lb dumbbells), deadlifts to 105 lbs, bench press to 70 lbs. It felt pretty good. The hamstrings and bum are mildly protesting at the moment, but they can stuff it.

Eats:
    coffee, bit of steak with mushrooms & peppers
    pistachios, 8 blackberries
    dinner coming up will be hot wings, maybe a salad if I get ambitious.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I keep reading about your gym workouts and realizing I need to start using the resources I have at my disposal but walk right by on the way to the pool. I should shell out a few dollars for a trainer at least for a session or two and learn to use the machines - there is a way-out-looking pullup thing that I can't figure out. Yes, I need to do that. I also need to walk barefoot on the track at least a little every time I go. Yes I do.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Have to pick up a bunch of snack things for son #1, he leaves on Wed for the school snowboard/ski trip to Banff for 6 days. Yes, this is the same trip where last year, he fell on the last run of the last day and broke his wrist. Hopefully not to be the case this year.
    I remember that
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Siobhan, yes, you should use the weight room, especially if you have it available. A trainer for a session or two is not a bad idea, if you're totally new to "formal" LHT. I'd recommend free weights rather than machines. A bit more intimidating, perhaps, but oh, so much more effective.

I am feeling yesterday's LHT today. Not as much as earlier in the month, but feeling well used. Aiming for 2 LHT sessions this week, before I head off to Vancouver for a week next Sunday. Probably will keep the weight at the same level this week. Thought I might walk today, but went shopping instead. 3 new sports bras, Lululemon and Victoria's Secret. We actually get a yearly "bra allowance" from the military, just have to bring in the receipts during the fiscal year. Too funny. So may as well get some good ones. Browsed the mall for a while, also caved and picked up some maple walnut fudge, and got some new loose leaf tea from David's Tea: "cocomint": apple, coconut, peppermint leaves, blackberry leaves. It's very good.

Was up late last night, and woke after just over 8 hours of sleep. Decent. Made a huge pot of chili with ground beef, hot italian sausage and chunks of stew beef. Rather yum.

Eats:
    coffee
    brie with 6 walnut halves and 8 blackberries
    fudge.
    D: bowl of chili topped with old cheddar, avocado, sour cream and cilantro.

I think a bath would be in order tonight for the tired muscles. My back is a tad achy, and the bath would probably be helpful. Shoulders are feeling tight too, and the lower half just needs recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Thought I might walk today, but went shopping instead. 3 new sports bras, Lululemon and Victoria's Secret. We actually get a yearly "bra allowance" from the military, just have to bring in the receipts during the fiscal year. Too funny. So may as well get some good ones. Browsed the mall for a while, also caved and picked up some maple walnut fudge, and got some new loose leaf tea from David's Tea: "cocomint": apple, coconut, peppermint leaves, blackberry leaves. It's very good.
    We went shopping today too
    LOL on the yearly bra allowance!
    The fudge - eh, sometimes it happens
    The tea sounds really good.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

3.3 miles walked on the treadmill today, very brisk pace. For some reason, my right knee is rather stiff after finishing. This is the one I had the meniscus tear on a few years ago. Hips are still tight, I've been foam rolling when I remember, which does help. I also have a kink in my upper back today, so might roll that out too, but that might be a little painful!

Just removed 3 stitches from hubby's leg, he had a fatty deposit removed last week. And since the doc who did it knows me, she just gave him a disposable suture removal kit for me. All looks good.

Did a costco run tonight, more road trip snacks for son #1. And toilet paper, and other odds and ends. Found a nice pair of Cloudveil travel pants for cheap, haven't tried them on yet, but returnable if they don't fit. Only $20, and these would normally run around $50ish or more.

I made winencandy's caramel sauce tonight from the recipe she linked. Just butter & heavy cream. And it tastes amazingly like caramel. Next time I try it I'll use unsalted butter, it was a little saltier than needed, but extremely tasty otherwise. And needed no added sweetener.

Eats:
    black coffee
    930: 4 chicken wing halves
    green tea
    1pm: tin of wild salmon with homemade mayo, green olives, dill pickles, cup of bone broth
    7pm: small bowl of chili topped with aged cheddar, half an avocado, sour cream, cilantro; small chunk of brie
    very small apple dipped in "caramel sauce". Delicious and filling.

Over 7 hours of sleep last night, still slow to get up, but felt quite fine once I got going. Still doing the lower caffeine java in the mornings, with no notable differences in helping me wake up. Most days having about 2 large mugs.

Lots to get done in the next 3 days at work, I've taken Friday off since I'll be gone for the next week, have to leave on Sunday and then not back until Saturday, as by the time we finish up on Fri, I apparently can't get a late flight home. I'm hoping to eat lots of seafood, which makes sense in Vancouver. And the hotel has a gym, probably nothing exciting, but I'm aiming to make use of it. And I think it has a pool too, recently renovated, so should thing about packing a bathing suit.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 01-28-2013 at 07:40 PM.