Page 177 of 279 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 2787

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 177

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Thanks, and you're welcome .

Had a tiny sliver of the peanut butter squares made by son #2 tonight, as he wanted me to have a taste. PB, confectioners sugar, graham cracker crumbs, butter, topped with dark chocolate. Ridiculously sweet and rich. A sliver was plenty. He was pleased that I tried it.

Really in the deep freeze here today. Temps with wind was -43 this morning, and not much improved through the day. Expected to last most of the week, it's really not nice at all.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Winter deep freeze is expected to continue all week. Daytime temps after windchill mid -30s to -40.
    Brrrrr, and I'm whining about -13???

4 miles on the elliptical instead. Rather boring, but listened to another Balanced Bites podcast. I really like their approach. I'm caught up to early Nov, when I get up to date I'll resume the Robb Wolf podcasts, of which I left off in about May.
    Thanks for introducing Balanced Bites to me, I've been listening to them too. I'm caught up to late Jan 2012.

Early congrats on the promotion AND congrats on last night's sleep!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I'll admit that I do miss peanut butter. I used to eat it every day!

It's snowing here and supposed to be very cold this week. I was supposed to go snowshoeing with some friends on Thursday, but I will admit to feeling a bit woozy about doing so in below zero cold. Guess I'm a wimp!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I hear that. I've started to really, I mean REALLY dislike the cold over the past few years. We need to retire somewhere warmer.

Close to 8 hours of sleep. Passed my fitness test with flying colours, well above what I needed to get exempt from having to do it again next year. I consider that my workout for the day.

I drove son #2 to school today, so he wouldn't have to walk the mile in -41 temps, as his regular ride has become very unreliable. He apparently got up on the wrong side of the bed today, and sent me numerous ranting texts after I left him and continued all the drive to work. Arrgh. He was still pissy when I took him to the orthodontist after work. He had to decide whether to go ahead with treatment to widen his upper jaw, which had failed last year due to his not tolerating the palate widener. I told him I was okay with the option of not doing anything, if he can't deal with the process right now. That's what he decided, and I think he's relieved. He can still deal with it later in life if he chooses, but would involve surgically breaking his upper jaw and resetting. In the end, it's mostly about esthetics, and for him right now, not worth the stress it will add to his life. He was in a much better mood afterwards, and I spent an hour driving across town and back to deliver him to play basketball at the Y with some buddies.

Eats:
    coffee
    green tea, a larabar
    L: lamb liver pate with cream cheese on celery. 4 squares of lovely dark chocolate with cacao nibs & chili
    D: sesame dragon chicken
    glass of wine. Snack sized bag of mini reese pb cups. Hmmm.

One of my friends had surgery like that a few years ago. He was happy with the results. And who knows what the future will bring?

Very cold here, but not cold like your cold. I think it's 16 F or so. Of course I am indoors in a nice warm office. How did people manage without furnaces? Can you imagine?

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    One of my friends had surgery like that a few years ago. He was happy with the results. And who knows what the future will bring?
    Tis true. He's just not ready to deal with this now. And that's okay. Perhaps maturity will help. Or maybe he'll be just fine the way he is. His smile is not straight, but quite okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Very cold here, but not cold like your cold. I think it's 16 F or so. Of course I am indoors in a nice warm office. How did people manage without furnaces? Can you imagine?
    Another day that felt around -40 all day. Current actual temp is -30. My fireplace (gas) is on too. I use it every evening. And no, I can't imagine no furnace. My last year living at home way in the north of BC, my folks set up a sort of "homestead" in the true middle of nowhere. The whole house was heated with a huge wood burning furnace, which was the only heat source, as we had no electricity. We stoked it well at bedtime, but it was pretty damn chilly getting up in the mornings. Oh, yes, and we had an old fashioned woodstove for cooking. Crazy stuff.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Tis true. He's just not ready to deal with this now. And that's okay. Perhaps maturity will help. Or maybe he'll be just fine the way he is. His smile is not straight, but quite okay.
    My Daughter should have braces, but she's not ready for them either.

Another day that felt around -40 all day. Current actual temp is -30. My fireplace (gas) is on too. I use it every evening. And no, I can't imagine no furnace. My last year living at home way in the north of BC, my folks set up a sort of "homestead" in the true middle of nowhere. The whole house was heated with a huge wood burning furnace, which was the only heat source, as we had no electricity. We stoked it well at bedtime, but it was pretty damn chilly getting up in the mornings. Oh, yes, and we had an old fashioned woodstove for cooking. Crazy stuff.
    Brrr
    I'm loving our wood/oil furnace. Nice and warm, but we are going through a TON of wood this week! And yes, it is usually almost out by morning, but that's when the oil kicks in
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Gym time the end of the workday. Assisted pullups/chinups, squats up to 85 lbs, OHP 20 lb dumbbells, bench press 65 lbs, deadlifts 95 lbs, planks. I should up the weights next time on squats, bench press and deadlifts. Still feels a bit precarious racking the barbell at the end of the bench press without a spotter, but less so than 2 weeks ago. 35 minutes and done. Bam.

Oh, forgot to add yesterday I had a cup of rice with dinner. It was very good with butter & salt .

Eats:
    coffee
    bone broth
    L: small serving of sesame dragon chicken, 2 squares dark chocolate
    oolong and herbal tea
    D: ham smokie, fresh hash brown potatoes fried in duck fat. YUM. a second YUM.

It's supposed to stay this cold until into the weekend.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Things are looking promising at work that my promotion may be in early March, woohoo. Back into the job I was doing last year, but with more money, which is always a good thing. Pretty great when things work out the way you hope once in a while.
    congrats. Funny how that is how it has worked out for me too, well except no promotion but back into same job, doing less hours for same pay, so effectively a 10% payrise.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Promotions are good! Pay rises even better!