Page 174 of 250 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176184224 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 2493

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 174

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Had plans to hit the gym at the end of the day as we had our weekly lunch thing at the mess. Lo and behold, I had forgotten to put a sports bra into my gym bag . So I headed home, unloaded the dishwasher and tidied the kitchen, then went off to the local gym. A good session, 82 flights climbed on the stair thing, which I'm already feeling and might regret when I get up tomorrow, plus 2 miles brisk walk, assisted pullups, planks, and a set of 10 full pushups. I'm glad I went. Kind of amusing how crowded it was in there with the after work crowd, looked like lots of newcomers full of January resolutions. Hopefully most of them will keep at it, sadly, that is usually not the case.

I had only one cup of coffee this morning, plus a shot of espresso. Currently trying to cut back on the coffee. The other days this week I've been mixing half decaf with regular strength brew when making the morning pot. I don't seem to be missing the usual caffeine dose, so this is encouraging. 3 years ago when I went to Haiti on short notice after the earthquake, my group had a couple of days with no coffee/tea/cola and all had nasty headaches despite being well hydrated in the heat. Once we clued in to the caffeine "deficiency" and found a kettle, we all instantly felt better. Such can be the power of the stuff.

Eats:
    coffee (1 tassimo dark roast brwe + 1 espresso)
    bone broth
    L: chicken breast, green olives, dill pickles, half a small avocado, cubes of aged cheddar
    3 cups of mate tea through the day
    D: roast beef with juices over a bed of wilted spinach, buttered sweet potato
    glass of white.

A semi IF day, partly because it made sense, and partly because I stayed in bed a bit long in bed (after about 7 hours of sleep) and couldn't be bothered to pack a proper lunch. It worked out well. Had to run out midday for a while to get son #2 to an orthodontist appointment, so wasn't around work over lunchtime anyway.

I made it to a hot yoga class after work. It was an instructor whom I've not taken a class from previously, and he was really good. I chuckled inside because he struck me as a hippie vegan type. I really enjoyed the class, which was good for the stiff muscles from the week's earlier workouts. Had to run son #2 around after a shower post yoga, so dinner ended up being rather late. I actually wasn't that hungry by then, and probably could have skipped it all till tomorrow, but I was looking forward to a meal, so I ate.

We're expecting a blizzard tomorrow. How lovely. Not. Should be a rather interesting drive to and from work, hopefully just long but uneventful. Have to leave a bit early to get my car serviced, but at least the garage is very close to home.

Eats:
    black coffee, half decaf
    bit of coconut oil
    2 pm: 2 cups bone broth, dill pickles
    5pm: macadamia nuts, perhaps 10? Last of the bag
    cup of coconut water post hot yoga
    930: bacon, eggs & avocado. Glass of white.

Planning for LHT tomorrow.

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    Hope the blizzard was a bust, or at least uneventful. I'm still waiting for our next one. No storms in the forecast, but it is supposedly to get really, really cold next week. We shall persevere!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

Woke to freezing drizzle for the drive in to work. By the time I arrived, there was some light snow and strong north winds causing snowdrifts. Now it's still the strong winds, and 10 cm of snow expected this evening. The roads in the city are all crazy icy, I slid nearly sideways at a crawl speed going to the grocery store this afternoon! They shut down much of the base at noon, to let people get home safe. Probably wasn't totally necessary, but I wasn't going to argue!

Managed to get to the gym before we were let go for the day. A good lifting session, same as the last few. Upped some weights once again, now I'm feeling pretty fatigued. I'm having a good week, activity wise, yay me. Gotta keep that momentum going. I noticed in yoga last night, as I was in the front row at the mirrors that my shoulders are looking good. Definite muscle, evolving definition too. Of course, many of the other bodies in the room were a lot thinner, but looked "soft". I'd rather have the defined look.

Thus far I've had bone broth, 3 slices of bacon, and a mini reese pb package (oops). Planning on steaks for dinner, but am most certainly NOT going to use the BBQ tonight! I may be crazy to BBQ year round in this climate, but not crazy enough to do it in a blizzard!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Woke to freezing drizzle for the drive in to work. By the time I arrived, there was some light snow and strong north winds causing snowdrifts. Now it's still the strong winds, and 10 cm of snow expected this evening. The roads in the city are all crazy icy, I slid nearly sideways at a crawl speed going to the grocery store this afternoon!
    Yuck!
    We had rain. About 8 C. Should hit 9 or 10 C tomorrow

I'm having a good week, activity wise, yay me. Gotta keep that momentum going.
    Yes you are! You're kicking A$$!

I may be crazy to BBQ year round in this climate, but not crazy enough to do it in a blizzard!
    Ha!
    Take care and don't drive anywhere tonight. Don't let your boys out either!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Glad you're home safe!

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

It is nasty out, lots of drifting snow. Son #1 has several other kids in the basement mancave, playing what sounded like Mortal Kombat, and now evolved into Rock Band. All good. Took son #2 to a friend's place in the neighbourhood earlier, he's off to another friend's house for the night, but promises to text when he leaves and arrives. Friend has a big truck of his dad's, so should be ok. Glad I picked basic grocery replenishment so no rush to get out tomorrow, as it will doubt still be nasty.

Pizza was just delivered for the gang in the basement, and #2 just stopped by on the way over to his buddy's place.

My shoulders are feeling rather sore tonight. It was the legs earlier, but has shifted. Hubby has offered a massage, hahaha.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    yuk to blizzards, glad everyone is home safe. Perfect sunny days over here at the mo

Survived the blizzard. Still damn cold however. Hubby while digging out the driveway today managed to run the snowblower over the extension cord to son #1's car block heater. Oops. Temps today around -30C with windchlls. Ick.

A sleep in sort of day, then out for a few more supplies and to pick up son #2 from his friend's place. The residential streets are completely full of snow drifts. Crazy driving. The kid managed well driving home. He has his drivers licence road test at the end of the month...

Eats:
    coffee, 3 soft boiled eggs
    a few almonds, and some reese pb cups (yeah, what's with that)
    D: 2 burger patties topped with pan sauteed onion & mushroom in a beef stock reduction (most excellent) and roasted sweet potato cubes in coconut oil with cinnamon & cayenne
    couple of rum & krisda cola

I have 5 lbs of pork butt in the slow cooker to cook overnight in the aim of carnitas for tomorrow. I'm hoping they turn out as good as I hear.

PrimalCon New York
    I don't think you can go wrong with pork butt in a slow cooker!