Page 173 of 279 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175183223273 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 2782

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 173

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    I think #2 is doable, if you set goals. X#/week and no more than X/night. Good luck. Several of us are working on this one!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    I think #2 is doable, if you set goals. X#/week and no more than X/night. Good luck. Several of us are working on this one!
    Yeah, I've noticed a theme of reducing the tipples all over the place . Good luck to you too!

Woo, did hit the gym today. Did a bunch of heavy lifting, well, heavy for me at this restart stage, anyway. 3 sets assisted pullups, 3 sets of squats up to 65 lbs, 3 sets OHP 30 lb, front and side planks,3 sets bench press with a barbell rather than dumbbells (for the first time) up to 55 lb, then some deadlift type sets with a 40 lb kettlebell. Topped off with a 3 mile treadmill brisk walk. It felt really good, but I can sure feel it now! It's all good.

Yea, I now have a 4 day weekend, as I took a couple extra days off, and I'm not on call either. Maybe hot yoga tomorrow?

Eats:
    black coffee
    gouda and raw emmenthal cheese
    2 cups turkey bone broth
    L: small portion (1 cup) leftover sesame dragon chicken, dill pickles
    spoonful of coconut oil
    3 cups mint green tea
    10 macadamia nuts after work
    D: 2 grass fed burger patties topped with kerrygold cheddar, red onion, homemade mayo, avocado, 6 grape tomatoes.
    1 cider, 1 glass of wine.

Feeling tired tonight, I should get an early sleep. Don't laugh, really! I'm feeling the last 2 early mornings, plus the workout today.

Last night son #1 went to a friend's place to play "beer pong". I recall plenty of drinking games from my younger days, but had to look this one up on wikipedia. At least he didn't take his car, and made it home, and hubby said he seemed quite fine when he got up, proudly proclaiming that he is undefeated in the game . Does this mean he drinks less . IDK. Although when I was up early for work, strangely enough, there was an unopened can of beer (not from here) sitting on the kitchen counter... O_o. Manchildren. And things have been on even keel with son #2 of late, which is a good thing.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Good goals.
    Wow on the workout today!

Beer pong...
    Kids play it here too. Not just the kids, last summer my sister and my friend played it with a bunch of 20 somethings...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Still feeling stiff legs and bum from the workout 2 days ago . The yoga schedule yesterday didn't work for me, and I got in an hour treadmill walk today for 3.7 miles in the basement. Not sure if that helped the stiffness or added more. Tomorrow could be a good day for lifting again.

Went out browsing this afternoon, and found a great microfibre yoga towel to throw on the mat for hot yoga, for an excellent price. I'd been eyeballing these, but there was no way I was going to spend $50!! This one was $17, so I'm happy.

I received Mark's new sauces cookbook this week, and today made the cilantro pesto. It is damn fine. Definitely a great way to take a regular meal to the next level, and took me a whole 5 min with the food processor. Used it on pork, but it would be fantastic with chicken or seafood as well. The book itself has a ton of great looking and sounding stuff, I'm looking forward to experimenting.

Eats:
    black coffee
    bit of coconut oil
    few raw macadamia nuts
    D: roasted pork loin (spice rub of garlic powder/onion powder/sea salt/coriander/cumin with the cilantro pesto, steamed broccoli also with the pesto, roasted sweet potato cubes in coconut oil with cinnamon & cayenne. Very delicious.
    NorCal margarita.

Feeling rather blah today. No enthusiasm for a workout at all. So instead, I've taken a lazy day to catch up on some reading. A good way through Perfect Health Diet, which I picked up a few months ago (rather dismayed to see that the new edition came out after I'd got mine).

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Feeling rather blah today. No enthusiasm for a workout at all. So instead, I've taken a lazy day to catch up on some reading. A good way through Perfect Health Diet, which I picked up a few months ago (rather dismayed to see that the new edition came out after I'd got mine).
    Sometimes we need blah days.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Ooh, I've been sucked into the trainwreck otherwise known as The Biggest Loser. Ahhh, what a mess. Yet I watch. Seeing all these people who are so desperate to change their lives being manhandled through CW hell. Wow. I don't disagree with the "tough love" concept at all, but this is pretty severe. A primer for self esteem issues for sure.

Eats:
    B: black coffee, 2 egg omelet in ghee with mushrooms, spinach, tomato, scallion, goat cheese. Left me completely stuffed.
    few raw macadamias, bottle of kombucha
    D: leftover pork loin with cilantro coconut pesto, roasted veg in ghee (brussel sprouts, cauliflower, onion, carrot, eggplant), 2 small baked potatoes with butter & wild garlic sea salt.
    rum & zevia.

On an odder note, this week I've had a few digestive issues. Lots of loud belly gurgling, not related to hunger or post meals. Some loose BMs, sometimes with bits of undigested (ie still recognizable) vegetable bits. And some gas. That all seems very suspicious of something not right in my GI system. I should probably restart probiotic supplementation and fermented foods. And make sure I chew my foods well. At least, that should help, from what I've been reading.

One more day off for me, while the boys all head off to school/work tomorrow. Aiming for productivity, and a workout.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 01-07-2013 at 02:15 PM. Reason: spelling

Still rather blah today. GI issues seem to be continuing. I've added probiotics and bone broth, will see what other fermented stuffs I have kicking about in the fridge. Likely dill pickles, pickled beets, but I think the open jar of sauerkraut in the back may have been there a little too long to still be good. And as well, dodgy belly results in no gym time. Getting back onto a regular schedule should be helpful, too, as long as I'm mindful of getting adequate sleep. Rather tired today, but not in the mood for napping.

I have managed some productivity, which involved some more sorting in my closet and dresser drawers. I have a bag of stuff for donation and another pile for the trash. Had been aiming for more, but hey, it all counts as a step forward. As long as I get through something each week, eventually things will get where they need to be. I'm putting off sorting a bunch of paperwork stuff, as that's just too much for the moment. Most of it can probably go, but that's for another day.

Now I'd better think of something to do with chicken for dinner. Hubby (in his modified W30) wanted a bunch of breasts cooked up so he can use for lunches and so on. Might do a couple of spice combinations and throw them in the oven. And should add some decent fats as they're boneless/skinless...yeah, that's what he wanted. Crazy man.

I made one batch of chicken with Frank's Red Hot/ghee/extra cayenne, and another with bacon fat/onion & garlic powder/seasoned salt/smoked paprika. Both turned out very nice.

Today's foods:
    coffee, a small banana, cup of coconut water
    crispy pork belly slices, 2 small baked potatoes
    mint tea
    chicken breast, small salad of cucumber/grape tomato/avocado with evoo & balsamic.
    coconut oil/cashew butter/vanilla/2 drops stevia snack

Arrgh, Biggest Loser is on again tonight. So horrid to see them so surprised and disappointed when in the second week they lose so "little" after huge whooshes in the first week. Why do the stupid trainers act so surprised too?? It's as if they're trying deliberately to set them up for failure through unrealistic expectations. And yet I'm sucked in, once more.

Decided on a bit of cognac to end the night. Just a smidge then off to bed and work in the morning. Gym bag is packed.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 01-07-2013 at 08:19 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Very good workout today, same lifting as last session: assisted pullups, squats, overhead press, bench press, planks, kettlebell deadlifts, 3 sets of each, followed by a brisk 2.5 mile treadmill walk. I upped the weight on several sets, and tonight I don't feel it as much as after the last session 5 days ago. Nice.

Eats:
    black coffee
    1 pm: tin of salmon with diced pickle, green olives, scallion, celery, 1/2 an avocado with a drizzle of avocado oil and acv. Yum. A small banana.
    bone broth, lots of green tea
    5 pm: few macadamia nuts, a date, tiny nibbles of slow cooked beef roast while slicing it.
    7 pm: roast beef with the reduced juices over a bed of wilted spinach.

Feeling like I may want something more at some point, undecided as to what that might be. I should take a bath and perhaps the thought will pass .

Belly seems back to normal today, aside from a bit of gas, but even that is minimal. 7 hours of sleep left me feeling pretty decent for today, aiming for even more tonight.

edit: the bath was lovely with a Lush vanilla scented cocoa butter bath bomb. A glass of red was a nice accompaniment . But I don't need a snack anymore.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 01-08-2013 at 08:44 PM.