Page 171 of 249 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 2490

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 171

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hubby survived hot yoga with me this morning, and actually liked it. He appreciated the stretching, he has issues with tight hamstrings and hips like me. Son #1 went to the gym to lift heavy instead of yoga.

Several hours in the kitchen prepping for the Christmas Eve feast. Son #1 came to help with prep, which was a nice change.
    A good lot of foods: assorted cheeses, salami, pate, shrimp, smoked oysters, olives, pickles, pickled beets, rice crackers, bacon wrapped dates stuffed with goat cheese, lamb meatballs, deviled eggs, nuts. All great.

After dinner, the 4 of us played a couple board games of Clue, which we haven't done in I'm not sure how long. Both boys seemed to really enjoy it, which was a great Christmas gift itself, as these days we don't seem to do a lot of things with all of us together. The boys always seem to be off doing their own things.

All boys are currently upstairs gaming, while I watch "Christmas Vacation". Just awaiting the arrival of the gifts from Santa's Elves. Every year they bring each of us a new book and jammies. Everybody looks forward to that, and I suspect it's something the boys will carry on with their own families one day.

Happy holidays to all.

It was a good day.

A sleep in, opening stockings, and just relaxing for the day. Random nibbles of salami, cheese & nuts here and there. I made a small turkey for dinner, wasn't really planning on it (a nice hunk of beef would be my choice), but hubby and the boys insisted. So turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy (thickened with xanthan gum) for dinner. At least I now have a big pot of turkey carcass simmering for fresh bone broth on the stove tonight.

I did receive from hubby the new book "Practical Paleo", which looks pretty awesome, a few other short nonfiction books, some dark chocolate, small bottle of nice cognac, a pedicure gift certificate and new nice undies. A body shop bath set from son #1 and a gift card from son #2 for hubby and I to go to a movie. The Hobbit is on the agenda for this week.

Am considering the hot tub tonight, but it's another bloody -25C evening. Boo.

For tomorrow, maybe I'll brave the shopping crowds, although there's nothing in particular I need, so not sure about that. The gym should be visited. I'm feeling rather sore from the last 2 workouts, and didn't workout today.

BJDMINN is offline Junior Member
    Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas, GS and good eats! I must say I'm quite impressed hubby joined you for hot yoga! I have the same tight hamstrings/hips and find yoga most helpful. Maybe he'll join you regularly?

Enjoy your time off.

I would have been even more impressed if son #1 had come along too! But this was good. Don't think he'll come regularly, as he's not interested in having to pay for a membership (or drop in fee).

Gym today was a miss, Mother Nature's holiday gift was flowing considerably too heavy for that to seem like a good idea. Tomorrow will be better, and I will go to the gym.

A few random nibbles again today, nothing too bad. My only shopping venture was to the tea shop, where I scored with a new teacup with stainless steel mesh infuser & lid, plus a sample box of a bunch of green/black/white teas, all for half price.

Supper will be steak and salad. Hubby was whining that he needs vegetables tonight. Really? Like you can't find some in the fridge if I haven't prepared them?? He wanted a BAS for dinner, it's still damn cold and a big old salad is not particularly appealing to me today, so I'll compromise on a side salad with STEAK. And mushrooms, of course. That's a necessity for steak here. At least for me. And so it shall be.

I've put my stockpot of turkey bone broth outside on the deck to cool before putting away. I'd better remember to bring it in before it becomes a solid block of ice . Wonder how long that would take at -22C?

Presently sipping on a particularly tasty Cosmopolitan, which I've not made in forever, and is not particularly primal. In my defense, it includes fresh squeezed lime and nonsweetened organic cranberry juice. I'm very much enjoying it.

Otherwise, a non productive, lazy day. And I liked it just that way.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 12-26-2012 at 04:49 PM.

The bone broth cooling outside was not forgotten, and is rather tasty and put away.

A good sleep in once again, albeit a bit fuzzy until coffee was consumed, no doubt due to consuming a bit more wine last night than was a good idea.

I made it to the gym as planned, and had a great lifting day. Warmup treadmill walk followed by assisted pullups, squats, overhead press, bench press and planks. Back onto the treadmill for a short sprint workout, 4 sprint intervals, total of 20 min. All good, feeling it, which is a good thing. I may feel different about that tomorrow. Have a hot tub date with hubby shortly, which should be helpful.

Went see the Hobbit this afternoon, son #2 had given us a movie gift card, and we took him along (#1 is at work, and already went last week). Decent entertainment, I think the guys enjoyed it more than I. Avoided son's popcorn, and had only 4 peanut m&ms.

Eats:
    black coffee, couple of macadamia nuts, cup of coconut water
    pepperoni stick, chunk of brie, one chocolate caramel
    4 peanut m&ms, a lara bar (tucked into my purse for the movie)
    D: stir fry with chicken, cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms, celery, bell peppers, scallions, kale, sauced with tahini, srircha, coconut aminos, 5 spice, garlic, red pepper flakes, touch of toasted sesame oil. Very nice, it was a variation of curlygirl's sesame dragon chicken.
    a NorCal margarita, glass of wine. Might be cava for the hot tub.

The hot tub was very relaxing in a light snow last night, it turned out to be with prosecco, rather than cava. Nice. I'm feeling yesterday's workout. Thought about treadmill walking today, but it remained a thought only.

Random eats again today, I probably should get back onto a regular eating schedule. Should happen by Monday, when I head back to work.

A few errands, and lots of online browsing of paleo related stuff. Still working on what my approach is going to be for the next while. I'm making a list of goals for the upcoming year. Goals, not resolutions. That makes more sense to me. And it probably will include ending this very long journal of what seems to have become a random assortment of tedious repetition. Time to start anew.

Eats:
    black coffee, macadamia & cashew nuts
    a pepperoni stick, few more macadamias
    D: 2 grilled pork chops with a pile of steamed broccoli with ghee & garlic. Simple and tasty.
    Rum & krisda cola.

I have lamb shanks thawing, must find a good recipe for braising for the weekend. And make more lamb liver pate, I have several packages of local lamb liver in the freezer. That will be good for work lunches next week.

I've been staying up way late every night this week, accompanied by a decent quantity of alcohol, and sleeping in very late. Must reset this over the weekend. I know well that the drink does nothing to get me to my goals, yet it's too easy to say "hey, I'm on holidays, so why not?". I know why not. Just have to remember that.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Still working on what my approach is going to be for the next while. I'm making a list of goals for the upcoming year. Goals, not resolutions. That makes more sense to me.
    And me too. Although this will be the 2nd year where I didn't achieve a pull up.

And it probably will include ending this very long journal of what seems to have become a random assortment of tedious repetition. Time to start anew.
    Still here??

I'm not sure how I feel about ending my old journal and starting another.

I've been staying up way late every night this week, accompanied by a decent quantity of alcohol, and sleeping in very late. Must reset this over the weekend. I know well that the drink does nothing to get me to my goals, yet it's too easy to say "hey, I'm on holidays, so why not?". I know why not. Just have to remember that.
    +1
    Although my reset won't happen till Tuesday...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    And me too. Although this will be the 2nd year where I didn't achieve a pull up.
    True, but were you working at it?

Still here??
    Yes.

I'm not sure how I feel about ending my old journal and starting another.
    It's been on my mind on and off. I feel like I've been repeating myself ad nauseum for 43 pages. Fresh start seems appropriate.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    True, but were you working at it?
    For the 1st 1/2 of each year
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member

Presently sipping on a particularly tasty Cosmopolitan, which I've not made in forever, and is not particularly primal. In my defense, it includes fresh squeezed lime and nonsweetened organic cranberry juice. I'm very much enjoying it.

cosmo's, my fave drink!!!

I like your journal the way it is... if you start a new one, you'll still say the same stuff anyway it's what we do!!!