Page 169 of 274 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2737

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 169

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    A decent amount of sleep, but still feeling sluggish today. Moderate productiveness at work. And yay, I took a vacation day for tomorrow, so done for the week. I have a hair appointment, other random things needing doing, and hubby's work Christmas party tomorrow night. The boys happen to have the day off school tomorrow, but no doubt they'll be sleeping late so don't impact my stuff. I didn't get a chance to get my bloodwork drawn for the thyroid levels today, but can do next week.

Eats:
    coffee
    B: greek yogurt with frozen berries, a vegan bar with dates, rice proteine & some agave left in my bag from my trip
    L: half a chicken breast (skin on) with some buttered rice, cup of bone broth
    6 walnut halves, tsp of nutella
    D: 2 pork loin chops fried in bacon fat with a white wine creme fraish reduction, bacon fat roasted brussel sprouts. Mmmmm.
    Rum & krisda.

I've been thinking about a banana chocolate mug cake all week, but haven't needed it enough in the evening to make it. It might be tonight.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I took an online break while here. Popped online a few times the first few days, but haven't been on for over a week. I see lots to catch up on in the journals. A break can be a very good thing I think.
    I agree

It all looks very good, but have to wait to get confirmation of all this. I'll be thrilled if it all works out, and hubby is happy about it all, too. Looks like all that time spent on courses over the past couple of years is about to pay off. Yay, me.
    Excellent!

so we'll both be home till at least mid Jan, it seems, which is very great.
    Nice

pralines into the office. My nemesis. I had 2 1/2. Major sugar buzz.
    Very good keeping it to 2 1/2!

I've been thinking about a banana chocolate mug cake all week, but haven't needed it enough in the evening to make it. It might be tonight.
    Sounds interesting. How do you make it?
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Sounds interesting. How do you make it?
    Paleo Musings: Dark Chocolatey Goodness the Paleo Way Instead of a mug, I put it into silicone muffin cups, which makes 3 very full ones, and split them with hubby. Not sweet enough for the boys' tastes.

OMG, I went to a Barre class today. The hot yoga studio I sporadically go to had an free intro class, as they're introducing this in January. When I was done, I knew I'd feel it tomorrow. 3 hours later, I'm really feeling it now. Everywhere. I may not be able to move out of bed in the morning!

Thank you,
    and
    OUCH!

I hope it's OK in the morning
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

The old bod didn't actually feel too bad today. Definitely a bit heavy, mild muscle soreness all over, but not bad. Just a thankgodyou'vefinallygotoffyourbuttandmovedthemusc lesonceagain sort of feeling. Hit the gym at noon for a brisk 3 mile walk on the treadmill. No outdoor activity for me today, it was -36C with the windchill this morning. Ugh. Have I mentioned that I no longer care for winter?? At least not Canadian prairie type of winters. Ah well. 4 more winters and perhaps we'll be living somewhere else.

Son #1 had a little accident driving home from school today. It was very cold and icy, he slid into another car which in turn slid into another car. All damage seems very minor, there's a tiny crack on his front bumper. All reported to insurance and he has the assessment booked in 2 days. Not happy that he expects to be responsible for the deductible, but we'll see how it goes. There were a crapload of accidents around the city today due to road conditions. And nobody was hurt, which is the biggest concern.

Our anniversary is a week from today, so I've booked us for Friday night into an upscale restaurant for dinner. Tried for Sat, but they were full. I suppose that's to be expected this time of year.

I've been reasonable good on foods the last few days, although the weekend did involve a lot of wine. Sweets were only a mediocre slice of cheesecake (minus crust) at the party on Friday, and one small pack of peanut butter cups. Otherwise all primal, and the quantities haven't been excessive. Those few pounds are still sticking thus far, not surprisingly, due to wine and sugar. Like I don't know better. I'll sort it out. Sometimes I'm just slow to get back on program.

Yesterday I make my lovely pureed squash soup, which was nomalicious. And baba ganoush. Very garlicky. And superb. And roasted chicken leg quarters. Juicy and lovely, too.

Today's eats:
    black coffee
    L: squash soup garnished with scallion/cilantro/bacon/fresh lime squeeze, baba ganoush with celery, leftover steak
    some pecans (not too many, but have been nibbling since buying them on Saturday)
    D: 2 romaine leaf taco wraps - grassfed taco seasoned beef, cheddar, avocado, sour cream. A small dinner, wasn't that hungry.
    A rum & krisda.

Aiming for regular gym visits this week, and keeping food quantities reasonable. It's too easy to eat more than I need if not paying attention.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 12-10-2012 at 07:21 PM.

No outdoor activity for me today, it was -36C with the windchill this morning. Ugh. Have I mentioned that I no longer care for winter?? At least not Canadian prairie type of winters.
    Brrrrr
    Winter hasn't hit here yet. T-shirt and thin leather jacket weather.
    Not that you want to hear that

Son #1 had a little accident driving home from school today.

And nobody was hurt, which is the biggest concern.
    I'm glad everyone was OK

Yesterday I make my lovely pureed squash soup, which was nomalicious. And baba ganoush. Very garlicky. And superb. And roasted chicken leg quarters. Juicy and lovely, too.
    Hmm, I've still got about 10 squash in my entry. I should make some soup too.
    I've never made baba ganoush. Is it easy?

keeping food quantities reasonable. It's too easy to eat more than I need if not paying attention.
    I agree
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

For baba ganoush, I've used this recipe a few times: Baba Ganoush - The Best In The World! Recipe - Food.com - 67570. It's pretty amazing. No need to roast the eggplant on the grill either, I've done it in the oven and it's just fine. Throw the lot into the food processor, and 3 minutes later you are nomming deliciousness. This last batch is rather garlicky, I like it, but it was mint worthy for an at work lunch. Hubby said he had to brush his teeth at work after lunch .

I got rather hungry by late morning, so decided to eat my lunch and hit the gym at the end of the workday. A good plan until I saw a late text from son #1, who had stayed home today with nausea and stomach cramps (being in a secure building, I can't have my cell phone while at work). Turns out he had a major episode of things coming out of both ends, accompanied by horrible belly cramps mid morning. Didn't manage to reach either of us by phone either, apparently he didn't have either of our current extensions on his phone. He does now. So rather than the planned workout, I came home to be nurse mom. Poor guy, he managed to stay reasonably hydrated, but looks and feels like crap. He's presently asleep on the sofa in the mancave, with a good dose of gravol onboard. I think I'd better disinfect every surface he may have touched today, just in case.

Had a parent conference with son #2's tech school teacher today, he's had issues again with attendance (not getting out of bed and getting to class too many times), but has come up with a contract to address this and is doing better. Of course, we thought son would come with us, he didn't realize that, a small disagreement ensued, son and hubby each got pissed off, and now, as usual, the kid has let it keep him angry all evening. Sigh. Get over it already. I chalked it up to misunderstanding/unclear communication, but he feels attacked when he thinks he's got on with doing what he needs to be doing. His teacher agrees he was concerned, but now sees a spark and interest. I hope it works out. Of course, kid commented (in his rant) that he doesn't even like the program anyway...I chose not to respond to that, as I've seen otherwise in his conversations with me the past week.

Eats:
    black coffee
    L: squash soup with the usual garnishes, chicken leg quarter plus one extra small drum.
    oolong tea, one lindt dark chocolate truffle handed out by a colleague
    2 small handfuls of pecans
    chicken leg quarter
    maybe 1/4 rice, while prepping for sick son #1
    2 glasses of wine.

Aiming for the gym tomorrow. And I may want breakfast, as dinner was just a nibble. Or maybe I'll fast till after a workout. I have no consistency these days, which is starting to piss me off. I know better. Like before bed last night, I ate more pecans dipped in nutella. WTF? Really? Yes, really.

Thanks for the link.
    Double son trouble that sucks. I hope #1's feeling better soon and #2 gets over his anger sooner

Oh, and one must ALWAYS eat dark chocolate Lindt truffles handed out by colleagues

Pecans dipped in nutella...hmm...I have almonds and macadamia nut butter...
    Don't know if I should thank you or not
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Pecans dipped in nutella...hmm...I have almonds and macadamia nut butter...
    Don't know if I should thank you or not
    You probably shouldn't.
    I ate the remainder of the pecans after work, but straight up, no nutella involved. When I bought them, I had some idea in mind for their use, at least I think I did, but whatever that was, I've forgotten. Another reminder that I shouldn't be having nuts around as they're too easy to grab a huge calorie load from. Though I am considering making dark chocolate macadamia nut bark with sea salt for Christmas. There was an MDA blog post recipe for this last year.

Son #1 had a good solid sleep, and was feeling human this morning. Son #2 is no longer pissed off. Hubby ranted on to me about his frustrations with son #2, in a way that I don't like, but then again, perhaps he has a point that if he can't say this stuff to me, who can he say it too? It just makes me feel bad. Maybe I just need to nod and be the supportive wife when he does this. But that's pretty hard to do.

I had a roast thawed for the slow cooker, but didn't have time to throw it in this morning, got up a bit later, and it was cold, snowy and icy, so ended up late for work anyway due to an extra long commute. So dinner was a throw together kind of thing for the lot of us.

Eats:
    black coffee
    L: squash soup, chicken leg quarter plus one thigh.
    green spiced mint tea
    pecans. 4 slices hot genoa salami
    D: bit of baba ganoush on celery, 1 slice bacon, 3 eggs scrambled in lard with pastured cracklings. Yummy.
    Wine.

As usual, hubby shuddered at my cracklings. Sigh. At least I don't have to share. Son #1 says they put cracklings into the new menu item beef dip sandwich at his work. Son #2 just laughed that I bought fat.

Tomorrow at work we have this annual thing at the mess. Get into dress uniform, the officers host the senior NCMs for festivities, next year the opposite. An assembly line of shaking hands and exchanging goodwill, then lots of finger foods, most of which are very non primal. Usually there's at least shrimp and some raw vegetables. Sometimes cheese and smoked salmon. The sweets are usually very unappealing. I think I'll aim for fasting till then, eating some stuff that is on plan, then tuck in to a grass fed slow cooked beef roast for dinner.

I really should get into some holiday planning. We've not done any yet. Of course, it's just us, no extended family, and the teenagers are of course much into their own thing than family stuff.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    When I went to the baba ganoush page I saw a recipe for Ethiopian style sweet potatoes...and I have all the ingredients...it is in my future. (Recipe also has lentils. There will be no lentils.)
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold