Page 168 of 277 FirstFirst ... 68118158166167168169170178218268 ... LastLast
Results 1,671 to 1,680 of 2763

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 168

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I'm stressing about my packing today. I shouldn't be, the uniform stuff is easy, and I don't need a lot of extra stuff, as I think I'll have only one day off while gone, so only need simple clothes for evenings like jeans/casual shirts/comfy stuff. Ah well. I suppose it's just the usual worry that I'll forget something critical, which is highly unlikely, or I can just get whatever that is on the other end. Silly me. Maybe it's really stressing that I haven't done nearly as much of the prep work (readings, mostly) that I should have done in the past couple of weeks. Procrastination and I are old acquaintances, it usually works out okay in the end, but causes me more grief than required, all self imposed. Bah.

Okay, okay, back to laundry and sorting out toiletries. Fueled by my steak & egg brunch.
    I pack my most comfortable outfits and figure if I forget something I either borrow or find a bargin.......
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    I hear ya, Pedidoc, the personal clothing is not an issue, but I need a bunch of military stuff too, and that would be a bigger issue if I forgot something! Then I spend forever on the toiletries.

I puttered around most of the afternoon and early evening on packing, and sorting some other stuff too as I went. Hubby says I'm a crap collector. Grr. Flight is early, hubby can drop me off at the airport on his way to work, which is nicer than a taxi. Flight direct to Toronto, then have to wait a bit (not sure how long, but I am booked) for a shuttle to the base nearly 2 hours away. Hopefully I can get some of my readings done, then an early start on Tuesday.

Eats:
    coffee, steak & eggs
    mini package of PB mini cups...yeah, I know. At least it was just the mini bag
    few raspberries
    D: grilled pork chop, roasted sweet potato in coconut oil/cinnamon/cayenne, steamed buttered broccoli
    2 hard cider.

Just time enough to watch some zombies before bed. Season 3, episode 1.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    I usually walk myself through getting ready and that helps me find what I'm missing. While I don't have a military uniform, I do have to pack casual, office casual, professional, pediatric office provider, and workout gear. Not to mention books for work and any schoolwork I plan on doing and stethoscope. I'm also a compulsive list maker..........
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Hubby, who travels 2-4 times per month is a compulsive list maker. Some trips he needs 3 different kinds of uniforms - fatigues, dress uniform and formal mess kit, aside from the personal clothes and workout stuff. He's better at this than I. Kind of a pain that the uniforms are so bulky, including boots and coats, which leaves making best use of space a challenge. Anyway, I'm quite sure I have all that I need. Next weekend we have a training flight, so one night in North Carolina and one in New Orleans. So I need lighter clothes than for southern Ontario as well.

W&C, yes, I recall you are terrible at packing! I recall how much you had in your beetle for our one night meetup last spring...but most importantly, you did bring the wine and snacks, which was awesome!!

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Lists totally rock . Sometimes the only thing I achieve in a whole day is to write a list of all the things I haven't done.
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Lists totally rock . Sometimes the only thing I achieve in a whole day is to write a list of all the things I haven't done.
    HAHAHAHAH

me too
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    I'm really good at making lists and then losing them!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

It's been a long 2 weeks, and I finally head home tomorrow. Shuttle to the airport in Toronto is confirmed for mid morning, will be home for dinner.

Long days, lots of physical stuff, 4 days of flying, studying and reviewing at night. I've managed decent sleep, though no gym time. Foods have been okay, not stellar, but not bad. Not great at sticking to the plan of no sweets and wine, however. Ah well. Tomorrow is another day. I doubt the impact has been too bad regardless. Perhaps a return to W30 style eating aside from holiday festivities this month is a plan for December.

I took an online break while here. Popped online a few times the first few days, but haven't been on for over a week. I see lots to catch up on in the journals. A break can be a very good thing I think.

As for the work related news I had a few weeks back, although nothing is for sure for several more months, it is looking like I'll be promoted by summer, and take over the job I was backfilling last year (my current boss's job). Which means no move to a new location for perhaps 2 or 3 more years, which is great in terms of being around to get the boys sorted out in their first few years out of high school. It all looks very good, but have to wait to get confirmation of all this. I'll be thrilled if it all works out, and hubby is happy about it all, too. Looks like all that time spent on courses over the past couple of years is about to pay off. Yay, me.

Hubby is quite ready for me to get home and resume cooking duties, haha. He was supposed to be away all next week, but has been able to cancel his planned business travel for this month (budget cutbacks), so we'll both be home till at least mid Jan, it seems, which is very great. And very unusual. But good. I'm looking forward to getting back into home routines, and Christmas of course. Haven't planned anything yet, so have lots to do there!

Off to catch up on journals.

Settled in back at home. I had yesterday off to get sorted out. Unpacking, restocking groceries, and so on.

I did up with a few additional pounds on my return home, not surprisingly, as I ended up with more chocolate, nuts and such more as boredom eating in the evenings. Bah. Ah well, some has gone already, with cutting the crap since returning. Likely a lot of water retention. It'll go.

Catching up on a lot at work today, many dozens of emails to go through, and back onto projects. My boss had been to Savannah for some planning meetings last week (went in my place as I was on the other training), and brought pralines into the office. My nemesis. I had 2 1/2. Major sugar buzz. But the rest were demolished by the rest of the office people, which is a good thing for me. Didn't eat my lunch until late due to the sugar high, then ended up not needing a proper dinner. One kid had leftovers before work, the other eating at a friends, and hubby napping as he is a bit sick and came home from work early today.

Eats:
    coffee
    10 am: 2 HB eggs, cup of turkey bone broth
    2 1/2 pralines
    green mint tea
    230 pm: roast beef with juice, cauliflower mash
    630: greek yogurt with berries, walnuts & shredded coconut
    2 glasses of wine.

I have my medical appt tomorrow, so will find out how the lipid levels are faring. I'm expecting them to be at least as good as last time 2 years ago, if not better.

Tired tonight, though not surprising as I was up later than planned last night. I told hubby to keep whatever infection he has brewing to himself. I took extra Vit D and C as a precautionary measure.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Last night I added some rice crackers with boursin cheese to my non supper. Still up too late, consequently sluggish for the first part of the morning. Hubby stayed home ill again today, but by the time I got home his headache is nearly gone and he's feeling reasonably better. I offered him my lovely turkey bone broth, already thawed, but he turned his nose. Dingbat. It's very good with added himalayan sea salt. Quite delicious, in fact.

I had my medical this afternoon. Lipid levels remain stellar after 2 1/2 years of primal. In fact, HDL was even higher, and trigs were even lower than the last reading 2 years ago. Nice. I chatted with my doc about primal/paleo eating, and interestingly, he's been hearing about it and considering trying it himself. Very nice indeed. He's a former colleague, so I'm going to send him some links to more info. He raised eyebrows about eating lots of saturated fat, but couldn't disagree that it is working for me. Particularly when I told him that hubby has been able to get off of lipitor. I am going to get my thyroid hormones checked, as I mentioned some concerns with being cold, having lots of lost hairs (though I have so much that it's not thinner, and maybe that's just because I've grown it rather long), and my mom had a benign thyroid nodule resulting in a partial thyroidectomy in her 50s. We'll see.

Eats:
    coffee
    bone broth
    L: tin of wild salmon, half an avocado, scallions, celery, drizzle of evoo & white wine vinegar
    lara bar, green tea
    few walnut halves
    D: skin on roasted chicken breast, butternut squash with ghee, peppers/mushrooms/scallions sauteed in ghee
    rum & zevia.

The TV is on and TLC has a program about some 600+ lady wanting gastric bypass surgery. Her family had her on a "strict" diet to get under 500 lb before she can have surgery. Strangely, eating breakfasts of instant oatmeal with milk & brown sugar (along with sneaked sodas) have resulted in a 100 lb gain in several months. It's very sad. A trainwreck. A commercial is on locally for some lapband surgery, the not thin but not fat lady who has had it done is proudly proclaiming that she's lost 44 lbs in 10 months "easily" following the surgery. Looking around this blog, I see so many people who have far more success than that on going primal and eating delicious, satisfying food. Truly sad. Sigh. If only they knew.