Page 167 of 275 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177217267 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 2743

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 167

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    My mom just about freaked when she had to fast for her last blood test. She just couldn't wrap her mind around leaving the house in the morning without her coffee. I finally called the doctor's office and they said she could have black coffee. Saved a lot of stress. Lucky she drinks it black!

I did the same thing with my last labs, my appt wasn't until 9:30. Luckily I slept pretty late.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Hmm. I did debate that, but one day won't kill me. And hopefully I won't kill anyone else either . It will taste that much better later on. At least that's what I'm telling myself.

Interestingly, the coffeeless morning went completely fine. Yes, I definitely missed the flavour, and the feeling of a hot drink on a cold morning (no, I wasn't delusional enough to try a glass of hot water, haha). But I had managed a good 7 hours and a bit of sleep, so was reasonably rested, felt awake, no headache, no cravings, and so on. Labwork, ECG and long medical questionnaires completed, onto supply to get my missing gear, then picked up a large black coffee at 1140. Not bad for being up since 630. And it was very good.

No gym today, as I figured I'd taken enough time out of my workday. I suppose I could have done something after work, but I wasn't feeling it today.

I learned something today that could seriously impact my job, related to merit ranking and potential promotions. I won't go into details, as there are so many confounding variables that must play out over the next 6 months that there are a large number of possible outcomes. Some extremely good, some could have huge family impact. Hmmm. Nothing I can do about any of it, but by late Jan, I should have some further information as to what is more realistically possible. Then late spring before I know what will actually happen. So for now, I'll just silently revel in the fact that my performance has been noted and properly documented, and wait and see. Of course, not so silent with hubby. It will be very interesting to see how things play out.

Eats:
    B: fasting for labwork, coffeeless.
    L: coffee, romaine with grape tomatoes, scallion, guacamole, small bacon wrapped chicken breast, cup of bone broth
    oolong tea
    6 walnut halves after work
    D: slow cooker roast beef au jus, small purple sweet potato, roasted turmuric cauliflower in ghee/coconut oil, creamed kale
    rum & zevia.

I was thinking about a coconut oil/cocoa/cashew butter fudgy treat thing tonight, but I'm still full from dinner. So might as well save that for another day. That's probably something I should look at bringing for my time away from home.

I'm making a list of supplemental foods to bring with me for the trip. Tinned fish, coconut oil, decent jerky, dry pepperoni, coconut flakes, nut butter. I won't have a car, but should be able to get a ride to a grocery for avocados and maybe some decent cold cuts or cheeses. There is a fridge in the room, which is a plus. And unlike sometimes when I'm away, I'm not planning on keeping wine in my room, will reserve that for any evenings out with others. And I should be able to manage some gym time in the evenings, or at least can do some bodyweight stuff in the room if that doesn't work out. The aim is to come back the same or with a little diligence, a few lbs less than when I leave.

The work related news I had yesterday preoccupied my mind a lot today. Nothing I can do about any of it at the moment, so pretty much wasted time and energy on stuff beyond my control. I'd be better off just focusing on doing my job well. I have to do a bunch of reviewing of stuff in preparation for my training next week, which I've not done much of yet.

Tomorrow I'm participating in a work team in a "spinathon"...I really don't like spinning, but feel obliged to take part as one of the team. Basically spending an hour on a decorated spin bike with some challenges throughout, trivia questions, I think. Then tomorrow evening I have to attend a formal military dinner, which is fine, but it makes for a long evening, as I will keep to one glass of wine plus a sip of port for the requisite toasts and drive myself home. With any luck, I'll be able to be on the way home by somewhere around 11, and have a bit of relax time with hubby (and maybe zombies). Stocking the kitchen over the weekend plus packing.

Eats:
    coffee
    L: roast beef, roasted cauliflower, bit of rice, cup of bone broth
    oolong tea.
    D: bacon & eggs with guacamole.
    A hard cider

I was having a major sweet craving mid afternoon. Oddly enough, I found one tiny reese peanut butter ball in the bottom of my bag, where the ones I had last weekend evidently spilled. Only one, and I had it. I was even considering checking out the vending machines downstairs, which I NEVER do, but found my little container of coconut oil with barely a tsp left and had that instead. And stayed away from the nutella when I got home. The craving passed. Need to keep it that way. Especially with being away and not having access to proper foods. Makes it really easy to pick up a bad snack. Perhaps I'll just have to resign myself to staying a tad hungry in those cases. I have plenty enough stores on my person to not wither away.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I've learned maintenance very well, just haven't committed to the discipline of eliminating those "extras" that will get me there.
    me too

I do believe that the W30 month has had the best results in the past year for me.
    I'm glad it worked for you

I learned something today that could seriously impact my job, related to merit ranking and potential promotions.
    tease

I was having a major sweet craving mid afternoon. Oddly enough, I found one tiny reese peanut butter ball in the bottom of my bag, where the ones I had last weekend evidently spilled. Only one, and I had it. I was even considering checking out the vending machines downstairs, which I NEVER do, but found my little container of coconut oil with barely a tsp left and had that instead. And stayed away from the nutella when I got home. The craving passed. Need to keep it that way. Especially with being away and not having access to proper foods. Makes it really easy to pick up a bad snack. Perhaps I'll just have to resign myself to staying a tad hungry in those cases. I have plenty enough stores on my person to not wither away.
    Those cravings can be really strong, can't they? Sounds like you controlled it.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Friday
    Did an hour on the bike for the "spinathon", which was fine, but reminded me why I don't like spinning. My bum still hurts.

The formal dinner was good. I had a half glass of wine only, as I was driving. I saw a number of people that I deployed with 4 years ago, plus an old colleague who was the guest of honor (and very senior in rank to me) with whom I did a course at the beginning of my military career 23 years ago and haven't seen since. It was good to catch up. Our careers have very much diverged, yes, she has progressed in rank, but has had to make a lot of family sacrifices in order to do so. Interestingly, she commended my choices on choosing family over career when my kids were small. We all are faced with choices, and make the ones that seem to be the best at the time. My gluten free dinner was great: brie (minus the en croute) with balsamic glaze and a fruit compote, acorn squash and apple soup, caprese salad, prime rib with baby roasted potatoes and roasted vegetables, creme brule. I got home by 1130, and watched some zombies.

Today was a lot of shopping to stock up the kitchen for the guys for the next couple of weeks.

Eats:
    coffee
    a small rotisserie chicken thigh, 4 raspberries
    3 slices bacon (leftover from son's cooking), single serve pack of mini reese pb cups
    D: striploin steak, asparagus, peppers, mushrooms. Wine.
    Rum & zevia, a black russian.

Picked up some stuff to pack, tinned salmon, pistachios, raw cashews, a couple of larabars (yes, not idea, but better than peanut butter cups).

Your dinner sounded wonderful!

Yes, we all try to make the choices that are the "best" at the time.
    (I'm good at doing this for the "big" things, I should try to remember this during all my "mini" weak moments...)

ANYTHING is better than peanut butter cups!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    But they taste so good Debauchary says!!
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Yes, they do taste so good. I'm finding it odd that I've been buying them lately, after probably not eating them for 6 months (ha, I ate a lot of them when I was away last spring, and probably not much for a year before that).

Plan for while away is to get good sleep, and not eat crap. Well, the mess hall food will be a lot of crap, but I can't be buying extra crap to eat outside of the less than ideal meals.

I'm stressing about my packing today. I shouldn't be, the uniform stuff is easy, and I don't need a lot of extra stuff, as I think I'll have only one day off while gone, so only need simple clothes for evenings like jeans/casual shirts/comfy stuff. Ah well. I suppose it's just the usual worry that I'll forget something critical, which is highly unlikely, or I can just get whatever that is on the other end. Silly me. Maybe it's really stressing that I haven't done nearly as much of the prep work (readings, mostly) that I should have done in the past couple of weeks. Procrastination and I are old acquaintances, it usually works out okay in the end, but causes me more grief than required, all self imposed. Bah.

Okay, okay, back to laundry and sorting out toiletries. Fueled by my steak & egg brunch.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedidoc View Post
    But they taste so good Debauchary says!!
    Yes, they do taste so good.
    I guess I'm "lucky" then. I HATE peanut butter! Hate it. Not allergic to it. Just hate it.
    On the other hand, I LOVE shrimp and crab, but my hands swell and my mouth and throat itch when I eat it.
    Figures.

I'm stressing about my packing today.

I suppose it's just the usual worry that I'll forget something critical, which is highly unlikely, or I can just get whatever that is on the other end. Silly me.
    I wish I could offer advice, but I'm horrible at packing.
    I suffer from packing stress too.
    I always pack WAY too much.
    The 1st time we went south I packed 14 shirts I NEVER wore!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy