Page 166 of 249 FirstFirst ... 66116156164165166167168176216 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,660 of 2490

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 166

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Majorly unproductive at work, seems to be the trend this week. Got to the gym at the end of the day for a 30 min just over 2 mile brisk walk. Not a lot, but something.

Son #1 traded a work shift to go to a university recruitment fair at another high school, as his school isn't hosting one. Universities from all over the country. He's thinking the entry requirements for Queens are a bit lofty for him, but is now very keen (along with a buddy) on UVIC, and the setting of the west coast is certainly sweetening the idea. Their business program has a coop option, which he very much likes. He's getting pretty serious and excited, which is great to see. Am I ready for this?...sigh. I'm excited for him. Hard to think he may be leaving home in less than a year. At an age a year older than I was when I left home for school. Wow.

Eats:
    B: coffee, 2 pumpkin muffins with mascarpone
    ginger green tea
    L: bison heart fajita mix (bison, peppers, mushrooms, onion, avocado)
    small bit of sweetened Costco coconut
    D: slow cooker chicken thighs in broth & tomato, sort of spicy, very nice: Mexican Chicken Soup/Stew over Cilantro Lime Rice | PaleOMG - Paleo Recipe. I skipped the cauli rice, just added cilantro and lime to the bowl, and some crushed red chilis to the pot.
    few slices of chorizo, berries with coconut milk. Wine.

Better go to bed, it's late.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Son #1 is finally getting more serious about school and his future. He may be retaking a math class next semester that he's already done to improve his grade and get the AP credit. Still looking at taking a year off, and now considering universities away from home, potentially Queens, as it allegedly has one of the top business schools in the country, My little boy is growing up.
    It sneaks up on you

He's getting pretty serious and excited, which is great to see. Am I ready for this?...sigh. I'm excited for him. Hard to think he may be leaving home in less than a year. At an age a year older than I was when I left home for school. Wow.
    I'm wondering the same thing, only with my youngest
    Even though this is my 4th, it doesn't get easier.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    It sneaks up on you
    I'm wondering the same thing, only with my youngest
    Even though this is my 4th, it doesn't get easier.
    Yup. Interesting times ahead.

Well, well. Guess who finally made it back to a hot yoga class after probably 8 months?? Yes, me!! I decided to go today, though I was a bit hesitant while on call, but I just put my pager on vibrate and hoped for the best. All good. And I really enjoyed it. I can tell I've lost flexibility since last there, but I already knew that. It felt amazing for my tight hips and hamstrings. As long as you take care not to push to uncomfortable, it really gives you a good stretching out of those tight areas when you're that heated, though being dripping sweaty does tend to lead to slipping out of some poses. I'll be back, for sure.

Son #1 went to work early, and #2 fended for his own dinner while I was at yoga, so no cooking tonight. I'm not really interested in a meal, just sort of some nibbles for me tonight. Going to toss the rest of the bison heart, I'm not interested in any more, the boys haven't tried it, and hubby no doubt won't when he gets home after it's been sitting in the fridge since Sunday. I may try it again, perhaps a beef heart, and a different method and recipe. It was just too huge for a first attempt for one person, it was probably around 4 lbs, maybe more.

Eats:
    B: coffee, 2 pumpkin muffins with mascarpone
    green tea
    L: the chicken soup/stew from last night with cilantro and lime. Better the second day.
    this evening so far: bit of coconut, few slices of chorizo and a piece of brie, a small white turnip. I'll find something more in a while. Glass of red.

Yay for the upcoming weekend. Remembrance Day on Sunday, so services will be attended, then Monday we get off as a stat holiday. 4 days at work next week, then I'm gone for some flight nurse training for 2 weeks after next weekend. Lots to do between now and then.

Siobhan is online now Senior Member
    I really have to start doing yoga again. I feel I can now that I have so much less inflammation in my body.

Four pounds of heart! Whew!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours. - Henry David Thoreau, Walden

"I'm trying, Hank. I'm trying." - Siobhan

Not an ideal start to my day. I exited bed later than intended, so was rather late for work, not a huge deal, but not anticipated to day. Then half way in I remembered that I didn't put on deoderant after showering. Oops! Ah well, I did use some coconut oil after the post yoga shower last night, so maybe that will hold me.

And we're under a snowfall warning, anticipating 20-30 cm of heavy, wet stuff starting this evening and going through tomorrow. I may have to do my weekly grocery run tonight to avoid having to do it tomorrow, as I normally would.

Last night I added a big hunk of kerrygold dubliner cheese to my non-supper snackage, and a bit of buttered white rice. And perhaps another glass of red. It hit the spot nicely.

I can feel the yoga work in my arms, legs and core today, but it's a good sort of feeling. Maybe I'll get back for another class over the snowy weekend.

edit: I should add that the morning wasn't all negative. It's regular clothes rather than uniform for charity day, and I got into an old pair of pants that I haven't worn in a long time. Off white corduroys, size 5. I've fit into them on and off over the past 6 years, sometimes they don't even get up over my hips and bum, but today, no problemo. Nice. I think at some points when they would have fit, I forget about them or the season is wrong.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 11-09-2012 at 08:31 AM.

The day got better. Boss came into my office a bit after 2pm and said if I wasn't working on anything urgent at the moment, I should go home (same with the other people in the section). I figured that was an order that should be obeyed! Hubby has made it home from his week away, I've managed to get my grocery run for the week done, all that and home by 5 and it hasn't started snowing yet. Nice, indeed.

Have steaks for tonight, and now we can resume the zombie watch with starting season 2 of Walking Dead.

Eats today were coffee, oolong and herbal tea, 3 pumpkin muffins with mascarpone, a smidge of coconut and reese PB cups, oops. That's probably a tad better than the maple fudge I talked myself out of stopping for on the way home from work. This week has been better than last week for sugar. Not perfect, but considerably better.

Nothing too exciting over the weekend. We did get hit with 25 cm of snow (9 inches). It seems it's winter now. And cold.

Sunday's Remembrance Day service was good. I still found it emotional, but perhaps a bit less this year than last. This day has far more meaning to me since my deployment in 2008.

Eats were decent. Steak night on Friday, a fend for self night on Saturday, pulled pork on Sunday, plus I cooked the most amazing crispy skinned pork belly, which was purchased at an Asian market. I ate pretty much the whole thing myself, and loved every lip smacking bite. Today I made meatloaf for the first time ever. Yes, ever. My parents never made it at home, so it was never part of my basic cooking repetoire, nor do I normally think about it. When the boys were small and had hot lunches at a daycare, they used to ask me if some day I could cook meatloaf. I never quite made it there. Today's was grass fed beef, pastured pork and local pastured lamb, with caramelized onion and a mushroom gravy (primal approved), mashed potato (gasp, yes, potatoes) and broccoli. A hit with all of my men. Very filling, too.

Back to work in the morning, a 4 day week and then I'm away for 2 weeks. Hopefully I'll manage okay food wise while away. I won't have my own rental car this trip, so as long as I can get a ride to a grocery, I should make out okay with supplementing the mess hall foods, which are hit and miss.

BJDMINN is offline Junior Member
    Just catching up with your journal again! It sounds like you had a great trip to Vegas and the food looks really yummy.

You, by the way, look fantastic! Totally fit!

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Nothing too exciting over the weekend. We did get hit with 25 cm of snow (9 inches). It seems it's winter now. And cold.
    We had a beautiful, warm weekend
    No snow

Today I made meatloaf for the first time ever. Yes, ever.
    Ever? Wow...

then I'm away for 2 weeks. Hopefully I'll manage okay food wise while away. I won't have my own rental car this trip, so as long as I can get a ride to a grocery, I should make out okay with supplementing the mess hall foods, which are hit and miss.
    Good luck with that, although you've had practice will you have a mini fridge? or a cooler?
    Will you have internet access?
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by BJDMINN View Post
    Just catching up with your journal again! It sounds like you had a great trip to Vegas and the food looks really yummy.

You, by the way, look fantastic! Totally fit!
    Thanks . Not quite where I know I can be (and have been), I've learned maintenance very well, just haven't committed to the discipline of eliminating those "extras" that will get me there. Plus still on and off with the exercise stuff.

I do believe that the W30 month has had the best results in the past year for me. Can't really do that again completely at the moment, although doing so before Christmas would be a good idea. I'm away from home for the next 2 weeks, so have to make due with mess hall food. Seed oils will be unavoidable if I want to eat, and will probably need to include some dairy (as in cheese) to get by. I'm working on a plan to make the best of it.

Today I made it to the gym for an hour walk, 4.3 miles on the treadmill on incline. My bum and legs feel it tonight, tired but not sure. Tonight I sorted through some of my kit that I need to pack to take next week, I think I have all I need somewhat organized, just have to exchange one item at supply tomorrow.

I was thinking about the amount of work travel this year. When I get home in early Dec, I will have spent about 12 weeks away from home for work in 2012. And hubby has done a lot more, but his are usually only 2-5 days at a time. Hmm. Hopefully next year will be a bit less for me, but hard to say at this point. Hubby still has a lot of travel ahead. 3 more trips for him before the holidays.

Eats:
    coffee
    L: tin of wild salmon with diced dill pickles, green olives, scallions, dash of avocado oil, cup of bone broth
    tsp of coconut oil and tsp of cashew butter after work. Was thinking about more, but held out for dinner
    D: bacon wrapped chicken breast on a bed of romaine with grape tomatoes, scallions and topped with guacamole, medium purple (white fleshed) sweet potato with butter and salt.
    2 mandarin oranges
    Kombucha

I'm having labwork done in the morning for my medical. Last time was 2 years ago, which was about 9 months primal. Will be interesting to see how things look today. Lipid panel was excellent then (and better than pre primal), so in 3 weeks I'll find out what 33 months of PB looks like.

The only unpleasant part of the fasting is my appointment isn't until 10am, so no morning coffee for me . Or tea. Boo. Ah well, no doubt I'll survive. Water it is.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 11-13-2012 at 07:29 PM. Reason: more foods