Page 165 of 270 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 2695

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 165

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Under 7 hours of sleep each of the last two nights. Not good enough. Back to the habit of staying up too late. And I've had some wine in the evenings, which contributes to staying up later.

I had more of those silly halloween chocolates last night. And a few today. Then I decided to go ahead and make the pumpkin muffins I've been thinking about for a while, to have instead. I added walnuts this time, and cut back on the maple syrup, and they're great with butter. Better that stupid mini milk chocolate bar things.

I also made mayo and a bunch of boiled eggs tonight. Easy stuff for lunches.

Didn't get to the gym today. Feeling blah and hungry. Bit of a headache from reviewing reports on the computer (edits and corrections, ugh), still waiting on TOM, hence the continued sweet cravings.

Eats:
    coffee
    mint green tea
    bone broth
    L: pork sirloin chop and cauliflower mash
    fruity herbal tea
    chocolate (not the good stuff)
    D: 2 small baked chicken drums and 1 thigh, romaine with garlic evoo/balsamic
    2 buttered pumpkin muffins
    bit of wine

For dinner, I baked 12 chicken legs and 6 thighs. With the 4 of us plus one extra teen boy, there's no leftovers. Boo. I think there's still some pork chop left for tomorrow.

Pedidoc is online now Senior Member
    Hope you feel less blah tomorrow.
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

I woke to the alarm still feeling blah and headachy. Made the decision to call in to work and stay home. Then I crawled back into bed. Slept until nearly 10.

A long hot shower was nice, and since I was rather hungry, found 2 HB eggs with a bit of homemade mayo, gnawed the meat off the last pork chop bone, and had 2 pumpkin muffins with butter. Feeling a bit overfull and wonky now. I think this is mostly a combination of the lingering cold/allergy/sinus irritation that's been hanging around the last couple of weeks, plus the coming period. Double blah.

I'm going to attempt to get a few things done around the house, but frankly, I'd almost like to crawl back into bed, though I don't think I'd sleep. Doing some laundry now. Maybe I'll surprise everyone here and make a meatza for dinner, have grass fed ground beef thawing and haven't made that in quite a while. It would mean venturing out for cheese, but it's not far.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I woke to the alarm still feeling blah and headachy. Made the decision to call in to work and stay home. Then I crawled back into bed. Slept until nearly 10.
    I've had a couple of blah days too.
    I also slept in till 10 today
    (It's nice, isn't it?)

I had a headache this morning too (but it was a red wine headache...)
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I do feel better this evening. I suppose that means I should go into work tomorrow.

The meatza was pretty damn good. Grass fed beef mixed with onion/garlic/oregano/basil, topped with organic pizza sauce, mushrooms, chorizo, red/orange/yellow tomatoes, roasted red pepper, kalamata olives, feta and provolone. The boys had a simple pepperoni mozza/cheddar blend.

I had a few more stupid halloween chocolates today, but now the stuff that remains is stuff I don't want, so that's that. Sigh.

Son #2 wanted to go out handing in resumes for part time jobs this evening, so we made the rounds. A gas station, Costco, and Bulk Barn tonight. He seems optimistic. I hope he gets a call, he needs something productive to do with his time, and if he gets an income, he won't come looking to us for spending cash. Plus he wants to save to buy himself a car, he'll be able to do his drivers road test in late Jan, and hopes to be able to get something as soon as he can after he gets his license.

Didn't feel so great when I got up today, the headache was back, but it faded quickly once I got to work. A decent day there, moderately productive, and went to the gym for a 45 min elliptical session for a change from the treadmill. Period is finally attempting to start going, and no cramping is coming with it, which is good.

Went to a Safe Grad meeting at the high school, all committee stuff. Went on for FAR too long. I'll do my part, but come on, 7 till nearly 9 pm is a bit much, especially when we just got wind of tonight's meeting last night.

Local news tonight had the story of 5 teens from a neighboring high school who had an accident this afternoon, one 17 year old girl died and 2 others seriously injured. Then son #2 tells us that his best friend smashed up his car yesterday after losing control taking a corner at 90km/h and hitting a light pole. He's okay, but the expensive car is not. Wow. And they wonder why I worry??

Eats:
    B: coffee, 3 HB eggs, mayo, 1 chicken drumstick
    L: small piece of meatza, 2 buttered pumpkin muffins
    one spoonful of nutella
    D: poached haddock in a curry sauce over half a large sweet potato. Very yummy, and I will make again.
    Wine

Hubby bought on sale halloween chocolates today. Fortunately, none of them are ones I like. Well, I used to like coffee crisp and kit kat, but given the gluten wafers, I don't give them a second thought now.

Friday was an education day from the ICU at the trauma centre, lots of good topics, and I had the chance to network with some old colleagues that I haven't seen for a while.

Nothing too exciting over the weekend, boring home related stuff. Food highligbhts include grilled steak on Friday, an impromptu BLT inspired salad on Sat: romaine tossed with homemade mayo, grape tomatoes, avocado, and sliced bacon wrapped chicken breast seasoned with onion & garlic powder & smoked paprika. Very nice indeed. Today I threw sliced bison heart in the slow cooker with bone broth, onions, garlic and chipotle peppers in adobo. My first attempt at heart of any kind. It's not bad, not great, but quite edible. I suppose I'll be eating it for the next few days.

Hubby is away on the west coast until Friday. My aim for the week is to get some stuff done around the house and get to the gym regularly. A mighty goal, perhaps, but it will do. And get off the sugar cravings. I've indulged a bit more this weekend. Including more maple walnut fudge today. Bah.

We started watching "Walking Dead", at the urgings of son #1. Got through the 6 episodes of season 1, and I must admit, I'm hooked. Zombies and all. I'm intrigued by the whole post apocalyptic society thing. Perhaps I need to get working on my disaster preparedness kit for the zombie apocalypse, or maybe just for natural disasters. And I know how to use a firearm, though we certainly don't own any. Unfortunately, I can't start season 2 until hubby returns, as we're watching together. Son #1 is currently watching the recording of today's episode, and was quick to shoo me out of my space so I don't get to see what's going on in season 3. Guess I'll have to wait until the weekend.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Teens and cars.
    Scary stuff

And get off the sugar cravings. I've indulged a bit more this weekend. Including more maple walnut fudge today. Bah.
    I know! I've "convinced" my Dragon that Grains are bad, but do you think I can convince her that Sugar is bad???

We started watching "Walking Dead", at the urgings of son #1. Got through the 6 episodes of season 1, and I must admit, I'm hooked. Zombies and all. I'm intrigued by the whole post apocalyptic society thing. Perhaps I need to get working on my disaster preparedness kit for the zombie apocalypse, or maybe just for natural disasters. And I know how to use a firearm, though we certainly don't own any. Unfortunately, I can't start season 2 until hubby returns, as we're watching together. Son #1 is currently watching the recording of today's episode, and was quick to shoo me out of my space so I don't get to see what's going on in season 3. Guess I'll have to wait until the weekend.
    You need this:

I've been meaning to watch that series too
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I like the zombie emergency kit. Showed it to son #1, he wants one.

7 hours sleep, woke a lot, kind of sweaty at times, but woke reasonable rested. Got to the gym midday, 20 min on the stationary bike including 4 sprint intervals (which left me gasping and weak legged), then 20 min walking on the treadmill. Not bad.

A variety of leftovers for dinner, which worked for both me and the boys. I made a new batch of pumpkin muffins, which are once again, very good.

Eats:
    coffee, hungry at 9 am, so 2 HB eggs with half an avocado
    yerba mate tea
    L: bison heart, grape tomatoes
    D: last small piece of curried haddock on a small sweet potato, half a cup of buttered rice
    some dried young coconut (that deadly addictive Costco stuff, yes, I bought it again...doing ok with it so far)
    one buttered pumpkin muffin
    2 glasses of wine

Had a conversation with son #1 about his potential future plans. He graduates high school in the spring. He's looking at a year off to work and travel, and is starting to look at potentially going into a business program away from home, looking into which are the best programs. I know he'll find his path. Yet at the end, the discussion turned to something about his younger brother, whom he is convinced is (in his words) a scumbag. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I know he is more aware of his brother's activities than we are as parents. I'm actually rather bothered, but am not sure I want to ask him more about that.

Gym time today, I did 2 sets of the PBF protocol, squats with an 18 lb medicine ball, negative pullups & chinups. Surprisingly, the OHP from the original PBF program went better than I remember the last time I did them. All good, since I have to do my PT test for work sometime soon. Then I did a 2.5 mile run/walk on the treadmill.

Eats:
    coffee (less than usual)
    yerba mate tea
    2 pumpkin muffins with mascarpone (rather nice) and 2 HB eggs
    L: bison heart with fajita seasoned sauteed peppers, mushrooms, onions & avocado
    sweetened Costco coconut
    3 romaine leaves stuffed with bacon & cheese - kerrygold cheddar and brie. Very good
    Few candied pecans.
    2 glasses of wine.

I'm getting tired of the bison heart. It's fine, but after 3 days, it's getting old. I have some for lunch tomorrow, and plenty more in the fridge, but that sucker was probably 4 lbs, and I'm the only one eating it.

Son #2 had the same girl over today after school, including time in the hot tub...haha. I was keeping my discreet eyes open. We drove her home around 730.

Son #1 is finally getting more serious about school and his future. He may be retaking a math class next semester that he's already done to improve his grade and get the AP credit. Still looking at taking a year off, and now considering universities away from home, potentially Queens, as it allegedly has one of the top business schools in the country, My little boy is growing up. . Hopefully #2 will do that eventually, too.