Page 164 of 268 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 2678

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 164

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I did two days of the potato thing, maybe it wasn't long enough to see results. I'm just the same. It was kind of fun in a really strange way, and also easy. A bit of a relief to not have to make any decisions about what to eat. I guess only a person like me who prepares every single bit of food that goes into her mouth would feel that way!
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Day 4 of what hubby was calling "the great potato famine".
    iLike

A bit bloated during the day, but not so much tonight. Maybe my gut flora is finally adjusting to this strangeness. I still plan to stick this out until dinner Friday, but frankly, it's pretty damn boring. And after some meals I'm having a bit of heartburn, but it passes quickly.
    Yes. Yes. And Yes.

I actually still have some very good dark chocolate stashed away that has been there for months. It will still be there when I'm ready, or it will be bad and I'll toss it. That's why I don't reveal my stash location to hubby. It would be gone in a couple of days .
    That reminds me!
    I have some dark chocolate I'd forgotten about!
    I can leave it out, unwrapped, on the table and no one will touch my dark chocolate.
    It's nice being the only one who likes it

And maybe it will keep me out of the milk chocolate bars that Daughter brought home for a fundraiser...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Whadda ya know? Scale was down again today -1.4 lbs, after a large dinner (steak, mushrooms, peppers) with both of my treats and more than was required wine. This makes it -3.6 lbs for the week. Nice. Hubby has still lost some since his potato famine ended too.

Ventured out in the below freezing weather for the last farmers market this year. Eggs, grass fed ground beef, lamb shoulder chops, lamb liver, and 17 lbs of assorted winter squash. It felt DAMN cold and my hands were completely numb by the time I got back into the car. I had put in the new plug in "bum warmer" or heated seat, and it was quite lovely. It heats the low back as well as the bum, which I appreciated very much. I don't like being cold.

After the potato week, my brunch meal of steak & eggs tasted exceptionally delicious. I do believe I licked the plate of the last golden drops of yolk. Fortunately, I was alone in the kitchen at the time .

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Wow, great results! Maybe I will try again. I should do it when I'm working a lot - seems like it would be easier just taking a lot of potatoes to work.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    This makes it -3.6 lbs for the week.
    Congrats on the weight loss!
    And sticking to the Taters

My Beetle has heated seats

After the potato week, my brunch meal of steak & eggs tasted exceptionally delicious. I do believe I licked the plate of the last golden drops of yolk. Fortunately, I was alone in the kitchen at the time .
    Hehehe
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I continued to lose weight also, even after only 2 days of taters. Down over 3lbs for the week. Not bad at all.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    I continued to lose weight also, even after only 2 days of taters. Down over 3lbs for the week. Not bad at all.
    Nice, indeed.

I was hungry today, after the steak & eggs wore off. Nibbled on pistachios, walnuts, raspberries, small bit of pepper gouda. And a snack sized pack of peanut butter cups. Late dinner of a pound of shrimp on a bed of sauteed spinach, 2 hard cider.

I've been doing some reading on the oil cleansing method of facial cleaning. And microfibre cloths for face care. Some interesting stuff. I used the edge of a microfibre hair towel after cleaning before a face mask tonight. I feel thoroughly exfoliated. More research to be done in this area.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, just re-read that, it was just over 2lbs not 3.

A lazy sort of day, nothing particularly productive, although I sure do have a lot of things around home that could use my attention. One of these days.

I ventured out and picked up some microfibre cloths for face washing (from the kitchen section at HomeSense), a basket steamer, and some new paring knives as I had recently broke one of my favorite ones coring a cabbage, bulk store for smoked paprika and a few dark chocolate cranberries. I seem to be more interested in sweets since the great tato experiment. An unexpected side effect. I ate the few that I bought, as long as I can keep it to a minimum, it shouldn't amount to much damage. At least I'm hoping.

Eats:
    B: coffee, 5 eggs scrambled in ghee
    pistachios, dark chocolate cranberries
    D: a lovely roast leg of lamb, cauliflower mash with boursin, steamed broccoli tossed in butter & garlic.
    a couple of hard cider

I made a nice gravy with the drippings, thickened with tapioca flour. It tasted lovely, but I used too much tapioca, and it turned a slimy, snotty texture. Saved the remainder as I might make a soup with the leftover lamb bone, and that will add some nice flavor.

I plan to make it to the gym daily this week at work. Some lifting and walking. Keep the momentum going.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 10-28-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Ah, being the genius that I am, I had forgotten that I'm due any day for my period, that is, until the mild cramping started today to remind me. That would definitely account for the sweet craving. And the upswing in the scale. Good old water retention.

Not surprisingly, I was very hungry today. I awoke feeling hungry at 530 am, though I didn't get up until around 630. I skipped breakfast, as usual, but had to dig into my lunch and eat part of that at 9am. Figured I'd better have something, as I was getting my flu shot this morning, and didn't need to set myself up for feeling off. I went straight from the flu clinic to the gym, and walked for an hour (4 miles). By the time I was done, I was really hungry again!

I decided to include rice with my dinner, it was all buttery and salty, cooked in chicken broth, and I thoroughly enjoyed every bite, and now I'm filled up. I must have needed that.

Eats:
    coffee
    9 am: lamb, cauliflower mash, broccoli, cup of bone broth
    1 pm: rest of the lamb, cauliflower mash, broccoli
    430: 2 peanut butter cups. (boys had opened the box of halloween treats...)
    D: large pork sirloin chop grilled, buttered rice, roasted brussel sprouts. Yum.

I still want something sweet, despite the large dinner.