Page 163 of 274 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 2737

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 163

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Nothing new on the scale today, but the bloating was gone by morning. 7 1/2 hours of sleep, and I had plenty of energy all day. Even managed a 30 min brisk walk/slow job at noon.

Hungry by the time I was on the way home from work, so dove right back into potato production. Mandolin sliced, some seasoned oven baked chips, some dry pan fried, others baked for tomorrow. They are filling, surprisingly, but there is a sensation of wanting something more. By last night, I was totally done with taters, but today they were nice and tasty. I'm 1/3 through this 6 day experiment, heheheh. Hopefully it will pay off in the end, cuz, after all, it is damn strange. Son #1 is quite convinced it's insane, and that there will be muscle wasting. We'll see about that. Can't be worse than the dieting roommate I had long ago whose skin turned orange hued after constantly eating carrots and not much else for a while.

Eats: (bet you can guess what I had )
    B: coffee, last potato latke
    white tea
    L: baked purple potato with wild garlic himalayan sea salt (tasted much better than yesterday)
    green tea
    D: oven chips, pan fried tatos.

I suspect my total intake today is less than yesterday, I measured the first 2 meals at about a pound, but was just eating as I cooked for dinner. I would like a piece of good cheese at the moment, but that will have to wait.

I have a feeling after the week is done, I may not be interested in potatoes for a very long time. Or until the Great Potato Experiment, Round 2, if it leads to any good results

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Let's hope it's positive for the both of us
    It wasn't. I'm done.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Nothing new on the scale today, but the bloating was gone by morning.

Hopefully it will pay off in the end, cuz, after all, it is damn strange.

I have a feeling after the week is done, I may not be interested in potatoes for a very long time.
    I'm glad your bloating is gone.
    It IS strange

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    It wasn't. I'm done.
    I'm done too.
    What next?
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Day 3 of All Potatoes All The Time. I must admit, it's getting sort of tedious. But doesn't take much thought or work, either. Still feeling bloated after dinner all evening, but not during the day, even though I'm eating 3 meals.

Oddly, I was very energized all day at work. To the point of being almost giddy at times, well, maybe not quite that far, but getting close. Was going to go to the gym at noon, but I was on a roll with a project (revisions of a manual we are trying to push to the finish for publishing) and didn't want to stop. How very odd, indeed. The energy is gone now, but it made for a good day. And I did get nearly 8 hours of sleep, which no doubt helped.

Conversely, hubby is feeling sluggish. Frankly, I think he's eating less than me, I know for sure he has at dinner. I tried to give him more tonight, and he said he couldn't stuff any more in. I think he's dropped 3 lbs in 2 days.

I was down 1.4 lbs this morning after 2 days, and feel like there's some jiggle dropping around the middle. And after work, I weighed the same (gasp, yes, I know it's silly to weigh more than once a day, but again, it's for my amusement only and means nothing) after 2 meals, lots of water and tea.

Probably between 2-2 1/2 lbs of tatos again today. Last evening I was thinking about cheese. Tonight it was a brief desire for chocolate, as son #1 made a peanut butter & nutella sandwich. Right now, I'm gassy. How lovely.

Pedidoc is offline Senior Member
    Don't think I could do just potatoes...........
    Female 53
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 160
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Day 4 of what hubby was calling "the great potato famine". He called me mid afternoon to tell me he's done. Just couldn't stuff in another potato and was feeling too bloated. I guess he's pretty good to have stuck it out for nearly 4 days. He says he much preferred being on the W30. So he ate leftover chicken with baba ganoush for supper and was happy.

I'm down another 1.2 lbs today. A bit bloated during the day, but not so much tonight. Maybe my gut flora is finally adjusting to this strangeness. Still lots of energy during the day, too. And over 7 hours of sleep last night. I still plan to stick this out until dinner Friday, but frankly, it's pretty damn boring. And after some meals I'm having a bit of heartburn, but it passes quickly. I'll see how tomorrow feels, but I may just do IF on Friday until dinner.

Interestingly, I'm not particularly hungry. If I've poked in 1200 calories each of the last 4 days, I'd be surprised. It's probably less than that.

I wasn't all that hungry today. Which is good, since I didn't cook any more potatoes last night, just had 4 small/med sized ones left baked in the fridge. I waited to eat them until lunch with bone broth, after doing a 3 mile brisk walk in the gym. Energy level was good again, though the last couple of nights I've had trouble falling asleep, which is unusual.

Tato supper, with a bit saved for tomorrow. Not sure if I'm going to eat them, or wait until a NICE JUICY STEAK for what will probably be a late dinner. I'll take them to work, and decide then.

Down a smidge this morning, 0.2 lb. So thus far - 2.8 after 4 full tato days.

It has certainly been an interesting experiment, I suppose seeing how it plays out after resuming normal primal fare will be the test of whether it was a success. If nothing else, it kept me from having any wine all week .

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I'll be very interested if the weight loss sticks. Crash dieting will always take weight off, but it was the reports of the weight staying off that got me interested in the first place. I hope it's a success for you.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    I'm really interested in the tater idea, but only from a theoretical perspective . I've done more than enough damage to myself lately, so I'm staying fat right now! Just reading about being bloated makes me uncomfortable. Good on you, though - I hope it stays off for you!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oddly, to me at least, weight was up by 0.6 lb this morning. Whatever. Still down 2.2 in 5 days, which is nothing to complain about. It's not like I'm that far from where I feel I should be right now (based on where I have been fit and healthy before), which is probably 130ish. Perhaps this experiment will work out as a good glycogen replenishment carb load, and there will be a woosh coming, hahaha. I have to do some measurements, I do believe there's been some shrinking happening over the week.

Slept better last night, about 8 hours, but had a hard time getting out of bed this morning. Guess I need more! I ate the small bit of the last tato hashbrowns (150 g) at 930 with a cup of bone broth. While running errands at lunch, I did pick up a small piece of fudge (the stuff I've been eyeballing on and off for about 6 weeks) and a dark chocolate pecan caramel thing. I was good and left them in the car for the afternoon as no doubt if they were at my desk, something would have been consumed. Sipping some new herbal tea instead. I'll save having a taste for tonight. Sometimes I save a "treat" like that and by the time dinner is done, I'm full and not interested, if that's the case, they can wait for another day. I actually still have some very good dark chocolate stashed away that has been there for months. It will still be there when I'm ready, or it will be bad and I'll toss it. That's why I don't reveal my stash location to hubby. It would be gone in a couple of days .