Page 161 of 269 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 2688

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 161

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    some things just never change.... not that I can talk. pot, kettle, black stuff.
    I did get lots of sleep during my W30, like a good 8 hours nearly every night during the work week and 9 on weekends, which felt a lot better. So it can be done, and I'm aiming to get back on track over the next week.

I'm tired tonight. Combination of another less than 7 hours of sleep, cold & rainy day, and I did another round of lifting in the gym at lunch. Arms and legs feeling sufficiently worked, though again, it was no heavy duty workout. Assisted pullups, squats, bench press, lunges, overhead press, planks.

When I do side planks, I often use the free hand to feel how my obliques are doing. They feel quite strong and tight, but there's the ever present now loose skin kind of hanging there, oh how I love you, gravity. Anyway, I just realized that the amount of loose skin hanging there seems to be less than it used to be. I'm quite certain it is. Most interesting.

This of course, is tempered with several pounds up on the scale since the weekend. I'm thinking a combination of fluid retention from the lifting, and I've probably not been drinking as much water for some reason, drinking more seems to flush more out. And less than ideal sleep. It's annoying, but not likely to be a sudden fat explosion, so we'll see what tweaks might shift that over the next week.

As for the tato experiment, hubby has cancelled his planned 4 day trip for next week, (don't get me wrong, this is a good thing), so that makes it a little more challenging if I'm cooking for the lot of them. Not so bad for just the kids, as they're half the time not home at mealtimes, and don't eat primal, so yes, I'm a hypocrite who cooks them nonprimal stuffs here and there. Which means I'm not interested in eating them. Hell, I might still do it anyway, hubby already is pretty convinced that I'm nuts much of the time. Yet he follows

Eats:
    black coffee
    pu'erh blood orange tea
    L: tin of wild salmon with diced pickles, green olives, some avocado, splash of avocado oil
    coconut oil/macadamia butter/toasted coconut flakes
    D: spaghetti squash with grass fed beef tomato sauce, fresh parmesan.

I also have that nasty gummy, tickling in the back of the throat again. The feeling of impending cold virus last week (or was it the week before?) went away quickly, this I just noticed on the way home from work today. Back to high dose Vit D and C.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I just can't read anyone's meals without drooling for the meats and fats today...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I figured it was time to throw in a few Vegas photos finally, as hubby has uploaded them on our server so I have access. Yes, I know it may take a bit to get them approved and visible, but I'm rather uneducated with other methods of uploading. So here goes.

The view from the balcony at the place we stayed at
    Vegas 2012 020.jpg

Hubby & I in the shops at the Wynn
    Vegas 2012 028.jpg

I just had to get a photo of this billboard outside the Mirage.
    Vegas 2012 076.jpg

Mexican fiesta...whole lotta pork, fresh salsa, slaw, handmade corn tortillas. Mmmmmmm.
    Vegas 2012 086.jpg

The selection on the meat cart at Gordon Ramsey Steak at Paris Las Vegas:
    Vegas 2012 127.jpg

I told hubby about the EAT MORE TATERS idea. Funnily enough, he's in. He was already thinking about going back to W30 guidelines during the week anyway.

So I think we're both in for taters from Sunday until dinner next Friday.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    ha, i love the vegans inhaling porterhouse!!!!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I told hubby about the EAT MORE TATERS idea. Funnily enough, he's in. He was already thinking about going back to W30 guidelines during the week anyway.

Funny - I was reading the taters thread last night and reading out random bits and pieces to Pete, he started off all "that's ridiculous!" But by the end he was all "I'm going to do that!" He's even doing it without me!?

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    ha, i love the vegans inhaling porterhouse!!!!
    Me too!!

I'll have a few more photos tomorrow, too tired tonight

If until a few walnuts at 6pm, followed by a hard cider, then dinner with wine at 8. I had a good sized ribeye, but had to stop with about 1/3 left, just was done. Odd, after an IF day. Hubby ate all of his, plus included a potato, I chose to save my tato experience until we start the experiment on Sunday. Dinner was said ribeye, grilled asparagus, sauteed peppers and mushrooms, plus wine. I had a small bit of ice cream, but it was rather ho hum. Didn't leave me interested for more, but I did slide in a spoonful of nutella, that's not so great, really, it's just because it was there as the boys wanted it.

Tomorrow is the second last week for the farmers' market for the season. Sigh.

I'm sneezing constantly, runny nose, gummy throat, and general fuzziness feeling. Blarg. More Vit D and C.

The market today yielded a huge load of potatoes. I feel like I'm doing something sneaky, having mostly avoided them for so long. I figured I'd need a lot, if both of us are doing this for 6 days. Thinking perhaps 5 lbs between the two of us daily, so 30ish lbs? Have a 20 lb bag of white, plus a 4 L pail each of red, gold and blue/purple. Plus there are a couple of red in the pantry. We should be good to go.

My favourite local bulk food store is having a sale on coffee & tea products. I picked up a lovely bright red teapot with infuser for loose tea. I asked if they've ever heard of Crio Bru, the owners haven't, but asked me to email him with the info (there's a website with Canadian online distribution). This store often brings in new products that customers are looking for, so this could result in them getting some in locally. Nice.

I felt a need to pick up some chocolate, since it's tato only as of tomorrow. 4 dark chocolate pecans, a small bit (like less than 1/4 cup of dark chocolate raisins) for later.

Eats:
    black coffee
    leftover steak & mushrooms with 2 soft boiled eggs
    few madacamia nuts
    a hard cider.
    Dinner will be scallops, salad, and baba ganoush for dipping cucumber/celery in. I'd roasted the eggplant a few days ago and never got around to the ganoush. Figured I'd better do it today in order to have the chance to have some! Son #1 will finish the rest off this week, I'm sure.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I also love the billboard!

You two make a very cute couple

Good luck! I hope it works better for you than it did for me!

My favourite local bulk food store is having a sale on coffee & tea products. I picked up a lovely bright red teapot with infuser for loose tea. I asked if they've ever heard of Crio Bru, the owners haven't, but asked me to email him with the info (there's a website with Canadian online distribution). This store often brings in new products that customers are looking for, so this could result in them getting some in locally. Nice.
    I checked their website. $14 shipping and handling for a $14 bag! eek!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy