Page 159 of 270 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 2693

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 159

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    you went to Vegas. Ahhh jealous. When are you going to organise your trip to the south pacific??? Mind you when am I going to organise a trip to canada. hmmm perhaps I should put that on my list for the next big trip. What time of year do you recommend.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Speaking of toasted coconut, I used the oven today to do this, rather than a pan on low on the stove. I'll never do it on the stove again. Takes forever, stirring & tossing a lot. In the oven, 350F, 5-7 min, a tiny shake or two, and BAM, done. Perfect.
    I should try that.

Hubby's away for the rest of the week. Then 3 days next week, 4 days the week after, and some more the next 2 weeks. I have to be away for 2 weeks mid Nov to early Dec. Then he has a couple more short trips in Dec. So sort of like, "well, honey, it was a lovely holiday...see you at Christmas...". Good grief.
    That makes my one week without my Farmer (moose hunting) seem like nothing!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Still up late last night, and up later tonight than planned. Yes, need to get back on track. I indulged in a couple of recorded episodes of Survivor (yeah, silly indulgence, let it go...) and some wine.

No workout, just didn't happen, no time at work, and doing other stuff later. Things are good with son #2.

Eats:
    black coffee
    pu'reh tea
    L: tin of wild salmon with green olives, dill pickles, evoo, half an avocado
    green ginger tea
    D: soup- turkey broth reduced, with shredded cabbage, diced turkey, shredded spinach, and 2 egg yolks. Yum
    later: frozen wild blueberries with whipped cream and 2 drops of stevia
    Wine
    hungry later...big hunk of raw organic emmenthal cheese. Pinch of toasted coconut (I forgot about it with the berries!)

As for the washer, the part the repairman thinks it needs is on order, and he'll call when he gets it. I'm hoping tomorrow, as I can't leave work due to a training session on Fri, but he can do on Sat if necessary. If he's right, it should be under $300, so not so bad. Better than a new appliance.

Suse, as for time of year to visit Canada, well, that depends on what you like, and where you want to go. It's a rather huge place. I'd suggest spring, fall or summer, unless you are into winter sports. Maybe I'll just have to come your way! NZ is definitely on our list of places to get to. Another few years yet until we can travel as much as we are wanting. Need to get these manchildren sorted out first. On the right track, just not quite there yet.

WnC, yes, a week without the man is pretty normal for me. It's mostly him on the road, but of course, I've done my share of time away too, and for longer periods. I guess it's just what you get used to. When I hear others thoughts of being distraught about a couple of days away from their partner or kids, I think "seriously??", not really a judgement, just different from my reality. The year I deployed to Afghanistan, I spent a total of about 3 months away for training and then 7 months overseas. The boys were 10 and 12 at the time, and hubby had a very busy job. And I had 3 weeks away for some training when son #2 was 7 months old, #1 had just turned 2, and hubby had to deal with the whole moving thing while I was gone. Just different perspectives. Have to deal with the hands one is dealt, or something profound like that.

Feeling a bit blah today. Headache on and off, slight sinus congestion, watery eye. I feel like I may be on the verge of a bit of a cold or something like it, which is rather annoying. Think I'll load up on Vit C and D tonight, I've been pretty minimal on supplements lately, though of course, the D wasn't needed in Vegas. What I do need is a good night's sleep, which I once again didn't do last night as I ended up staying up way later than planned.

Tomorrow is an education day for work, and at the clinic where I used to work. The change will be nice. Might IF for the day, but am undecided at this point.

Eats:
    black coffee
    pur'eh tea
    L: 2 cups turkey broth, turkey with gravy, slaw of shredded cabbage/radish/cucumber with evoo & balsamic. It was nice, and probably more so since I added the oil & vinegar before it sat in the fridge all night. Coconut oil/macadamia butter/toasted coconut thing.
    6 almonds, 2 tsp of nutella
    D: small piece of salmon pan fried with crispy skin in butter, spinach, prob 2/3 of a cup of buttered rice. Small meal, but the rice seems to have filled me up.

Glad it's Friday tomorrow and hubby will be home for a late dinner, probably steaks. No word from the washer repair guy today, so I'm remaining optimistic for Saturday morning being all fixed. Better be. We're getting low on clean towels and the boys clothes, and I've had to hand wash son #1's work pants.

On another note, it seems that my bum is getting flatter. How very odd. I think it's fat loss, but definitely says to me I need to get lifting heavy (like squats and deadlifts) to do some shaping action. Typical white eastern European decent chick, no booty. My last bit of excess sits in the thighs, hips and bum, so this may be a step in the right direction.

And son #2 had a girl over this evening. This too is new. Has happened before, but with a buddy and a couple of girls, this time was just the two of them, and he made a point to introduce us when I came home from work. We gave her a ride home later on in the evening. Very pretty young gal. Son #1 said he was proud of his brother, heeheehee.

Think I'll load up on Vit C and D tonight, I've been pretty minimal on supplements lately,
    Me too. I haven't had any since the move.

On another note, it seems that my bum is getting flatter. How very odd. I think it's fat loss, but definitely says to me I need to get lifting heavy (like squats and deadlifts) to do some shaping action.
    Yes! Can't lose the "wicked wicked bumper!

And son #2 had a girl over this evening. This too is new. Has happened before, but with a buddy and a couple of girls, this time was just the two of them, and he made a point to introduce us when I came home from work. We gave her a ride home later on in the evening. Very pretty young gal. Son #1 said he was proud of his brother, heeheehee.
    Very cool
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Wow, I'm as white a white chick as they come but I really have got the badonka donk thing going on, my arse has always had a mind of its own.

Reverse lunges are just the thing apparently.

Haha Em, like the badonka donk . From your pics, you have the hourglass thing going on for sure! I'd need far more on top to ever be there!

Hubby's home tonight, and I asked his opinion on the flattening bum issue. He agreed, but thought it was a good thing. Though he agreed that some heavy lifting wouldn't hurt with roundness. To be honest, I don't think he minds either way, as long as it's available to him . Son #1 agrees with the squat/deadlift idea, of course, as the resident lifting guru. He was pleased to bench 225 x 2 reps for the first time since breaking his wrist last winter this week.

Up late again, but partly due to a late night conversation with son #1 about all sorts of mature topics. He's turning into a rather decent young man. Guess I did good here. He's planning on a trip to Europe after graduation next summer with his buddies. Wow. Wish I'd had that opportunity at that age. Instead, at slightly younger than he is now, I was in basic training, and then directly off to university, funded by the military. Seemed the only good way to go at the time for what my goals were, and turned out pretty well in the end, at least thus far.

IF easily all day for the training session, ending with a late dinner of grilled steak, mushrooms, peppers and wine. And a big bowl of berries with whipped cream doctored with vanilla, stevia and cocoa powder.

A good day here, full of good food and wine, and ready for bed. Convenient that hubby's home

To be honest, I don't think he minds either way, as long as it's available to him .
    Hahaha!

Up late again, but partly due to a late night conversation with son #1 about all sorts of mature topics. He's turning into a rather decent young man. Guess I did good here.
    Of course you did!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Fell asleep in the chair last night, then a decent sleep in. About 9 hours of sleep.

Best news...we have a washing machine that works!! The guy came back this morning (nice that hubby got up to deal with it and make the coffee), and all sorted out by 1030. Many loads later, still not caught up yet. It would have been the laundromat for sure today if this hadn't been resolved.

Farmers' market for beef, lamb, eggs, cauliflower & such, groceries, some more running around for a bunch of other errands. Managed to pick up an on sale heated seat cushion for my car for winter . Hubby's car has heated seats, I don't. Makes a hell of a difference when it's -30C. It heats both low back and bum, so I'm set for the oncoming frigid season.

Wasn't hungry when I got up, but hubby had cooked me some bacon, so I felt obliged . Random bites until dinner.

B: black coffee, 4 slices bacon
    few walnuts
    2 spoons of nutella
    couple of berries
    a hard apple cider
    D: grilled pork sirloin chop, roasted sweet potato cubes tossed with coconut oil, cayenne & cinnamon.