Page 158 of 278 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 2779

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 158

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Definitely busy at work today, no walk time, in early and left a bit late once again. Things should settle tomorrow, which is good, as I have a few things to finish up before heading away.

Still going good post W30, not much has changed, really, aside from adding in some wine and a small bit of cheese, seemingly to no ill effect thus far. Scale is down a bit, 143 even this morning. All good.

I think with the cooler weather setting in, it's time to head back to the gym for some heavy lifting after vacation week. No reason why I can't do 2 good lifting days during the week, as the long outdoor walks from work will soon be done for the season. I'm not keen on hauling a lot of bulkier outdoor clothes along with all my other crap to work for walks in the cold. I can use the treadmill or other machines for slow movement and even sprinting, and aim for a longer walk or two outside on the weekends. LHT has been noticeably absent from my routine for a while now, and I always see good results from lifting when I do it regularly.

Today's eats:
    black coffee
    blood orange pu'erh tea
    L: bone broth, pate & baba ganoush with cucumber & celery and a bit of cream cheese
    pepperoni stick
    D: eggs & local berkshire bacon

Forgot to include yesterday a half cup of white rice with butter & salt, after prepping it for the kids at dinner. It hit that comfort food satisfaction desire that was lingering since thinking about Grannie's noodles on the weekend. And the banana/cocoa/almond butter muffin thing was rather nice, too. All that plus a scale drop today is quite lovely.

edit: I must admit that I've had a couple of spoonsful of nutella from the jar in the pantry from the kids' stash. Silly Greensprout. Damn sweet that stuff is. But not today. I had a glass of wine, and might have a nibble of raw milk cheddar.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 09-25-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Off to Vegas, woo hoo!!

Just waiting at the airport, getting excited.

The scale hit a new post W30 low this morning, 142.4. This week I will have some indulgences, but am planning on making them worthy of it, not just for the sake of being on holiday!

It's been a great week thus far. We're eating one (big) meal daily, and perhaps a bit of alcohol outside of that. Working out great, not hungry, excellent eats. I thought yesterday's Mexican meal was amazing, but tonight we ate at the new Gordon Ramsay steak place, had the best meal ever, and am totally satisfied. Pork belly app,Kobe beef rib cap steak with bone marrow & veg and flan dessert. They were most excellent at accommodating gluten free, too, which was great.

We seem to be working our week's plan around food, but that's cool. Been rocking the bikini at the pool and feeling good about it.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    OMG! I hate that acronym, but OMG! Pork belly, bone marrow, flan...OMG! Hmmmm, I have a good friend in Las Vegas...
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Today's meal was lunch at a Brazilian steak house, my first experience with that. Let's just say I have a new favourite style of restaurant. Spent the next several hours in a meat & chimichurri induced haze. Still very full, some 9 hours later.

We made it home yesterday, after a fantastic week. More later on the trip.

As mentioned previously, we ate one meal each day, which was rather large and indulgent. No grains, a few desserts, a couple of handmade fresh corn tortillas, a bit of polenta, small bit of risotto twice. Lots of wine, a couple of margaritas. Hubby had beer and ate more food. I was pleased to see that this morning the scale showed only 4 lbs up from the low of the day we left (142.4, lower than end of W30), some of which I have no doubt is related to the higher carb intake, so that should go quickly with resuming lower carb this week.

My mom is still here for a couple more days, the boys gave her no trouble while we were gone, which is good. They were spoiled with her cooking breakfast every morning before school . That trend will not be continuing, as they're not out of bed when I leave for work, silly things.

Today was our Thanksgiving dinner. I had ordered a free range fresh turkey of about 15 lbs, but apparently they grew "big" this year, and the smallest one was just over 21 lbs!! Good grief! Son #1 did a few overhead presses with it. It roasted lovely, accompanied by gravy thickened with tapioca flour (worked very well in the tasty drippings), cauliflower mash, sweet potato mash, broccolini, and mashed potato for the boys. A great meal, and what seems to be 12 tons of leftovers. The carcass is already simmering in my hugest stock pot, the broth should be amazing.

Ah, one more day off, then back to reality and work.

Oh, of all stupid things, it seems our washing machine is broken. Front loader isn't spinning. That happened just as we got home. A call is in to a repair place, but of course being a long weekend, not likely to hear back before Tuesday, and hopefully they can sort it out quickly. And hopefully not too expensive.

This morning, 2 of the post vacation 4 lbs has vanished overnight, this after Thanksgiving dinner, heheheh. The rest should go with dropping the holiday quantities of wine. I expect the huge amount of walking we did all week helped as well.

I had a late breakfast (after 12pm) of 3 eggs plus 5 thick slices of bacon, and strangely enough, I'm hungry. Might go find something fat to nosh on. Dinner for today will be the obvious leftovers, might make some sort of pumpkin custard, as I wasn't interested in the sweet pumpkin pie (even the filling only) that mom picked up for her and son #1. #2 has never liked pie, and dislikes pumpkin even more. Hubby did have a slice, minus the crust, with maple syrup sweetened whipped cream. I settled for berries and cream for my own late dessert.

A lazy day today, cool and wet. Not looking forward to heading back to work tomorrow. Ah well. At least I should get in the gym time this week, though likely I'll have to forgo some if the washing machine repair guy can come this week. Hubby will be out of town, so it will have to be me. Good thing I have a flexible boss.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Welcome back!
    Sounds like you enjoyed Vegas
    (but then again, who doesn't?)
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Been rocking the bikini at the pool and feeling good about it.
    That is probably the best quote EVER!

hi, its me again....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    That is probably the best quote EVER!

hi, its me again....
    Why thank you, and it's good to know you're still alive

I was up far too late last night, which seems to happen after a week off. As in after midnight, and after a few wines. Couldn't fall asleep for what seemed like ages, then woke all sweaty around 5 am, managed to doze a bit till the alarm started pestering and hubby got up at 6. Bah. I had been getting 8-9 hours of sleep for the past 10 days, other than our early flight day coming home. Didn't feel as bad as expected today, but certainly could have been better.

Left work early afternoon to meet the washer repairman. He's pretty sure it's the inverter, or something like that, or less likely a circuit board thing. Is going to price out the parts, and let me know tomorrow. Then depending on how much, decision making on whether to fix or replace the damn thing. It's only just over 6 years old, we certainly expected to have it a while longer. So not sure yet when I'll have a working washer. Just in case, I looked up laundromats (which would REALLY be a pain in the ass), and apparently, there are NONE in this part of the city. You'd think in a city of over 700,000 people, there should be one not far, but alas, no luck for me. There is one near work, so if I get desperate, there is someplace 15-20 min away.

No gym today due to the early work departure. Awoke kind of hungry, but coffee settled that. Decided to take a break from turkey for dinner, so made up a sort of hash type thing out of pastured ground pork and lamb, plus leftover roast beef, the beef drippings, mushrooms, broccoli & spices. Served ours on spinach, the kids with rice. Tasted pretty decent.

Had a dispute with son #2 this afternoon, nothing serious at all, I think we were both a bit tired and grouchy, and I thought he was acting like a 6 year old (which I kept to myself). Whatever. We did talk a bit later, I didn't want to argue. Typical self centered teenager. Generation Y...why me? why should I have do "insert anything mature and responsible here" and all that nonsense.

Eats:
    B: black coffee
    chai mate tea
    L: turkey & primal gravy, cauliflower mash with boursin
    D: mixed meat hash over spinach
    snack: berries with whipped cream with a drop of stevia and toasted coconut flakes. YUM.

Speaking of toasted coconut, I used the oven today to do this, rather than a pan on low on the stove. I'll never do it on the stove again. Takes forever, stirring & tossing a lot. In the oven, 350F, 5-7 min, a tiny shake or two, and BAM, done. Perfect.

Hubby's away for the rest of the week. Then 3 days next week, 4 days the week after, and some more the next 2 weeks. I have to be away for 2 weeks mid Nov to early Dec. Then he has a couple more short trips in Dec. So sort of like, "well, honey, it was a lovely holiday...see you at Christmas...". Good grief.