Page 155 of 274 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 2740

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 155

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Well, yesterday pretty much sucked. Son #2 became angry son, both before the extraction and for much of the day afterwards. Of course, he's very sore, and swollen, and bored, but angry that he went ahead with it, because of how he feels and what he can't do for a few days. Sigh. When he finally settled down in the evening, I told him he's been one of the worst patients I've had the 'pleasure' of looking after, and at least got a little laugh out of him. He woke me close to 630 this morning, being sore and unable to sleep or get comfortable, despite being very tired. I spent close to half an hour sorting him out, then took a long time to fall back asleep, but I did eventually, and slept in rather late. So maybe a bit over 9 hours sleep overall.

Once up, I felt rather sluggish much of the day once my errands were done, with a mild headache the whole while. Almost like a small hangover, which obviously is not the case. Believe me, I really felt like a glass (or bottle) of wine last night, after the long tiring day, but held out. I have to be better than that. It's too easy to grab a drink when feeling frazzled, worn out and frustrated.

Haven't eaten anything off plan, though I didn't have lunch yesterday amid all the dealing with the kid. Only 2 meals today as well, from the sleep in and late dinner. W30 calls for 3 meals daily, but if a few days don't quite work that way, I figure it's better than grabbing stuff I am avoiding.

Friday's eats:
    B: coffee, burger pattie with guacamole
    oolong tea
    some raw cashews
    a coconut oil/cashew butter mix thing
    D: 3 local lamb chops, roasted sweet potato cubes in coconut oil, cinnamon & cayenne, broccoli with ghee & garlic
    blueberries

Today:
    B: black coffee, 4 eggs cooked in ghee
    a peach, a very few cashews, one spoon of cashew butter
    half bottle of kombucha
    D: sirloin steak, mushrooms, peppers
    strawberries with coconut milk & shredded coconut.

And the scale seems to be continuing the downward trend, after bouncing up earlier in the week. Belly is flatter, too.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Hey GS

I'm back on board at MDA after a long absence. Thought I'd drop by and say hello. So you're doing a whole 30 yeah? How's it going, apart from the odd desire for a drink.

Hey Em, great to see you back. The W30 is going rather well, not as hard as I thought it might be, it was time for me to finally get more serious and tighten things up to remove the few pounds that have crept up in the past months and get to where I'm aiming. Of course, having hubby on board has been fantastic. I have been taking a few small liberties, like keeping the scale, and not knocking some items with the tiniest bit of "non W30 approved" stuff in it, but quite minor, IMO.

The kid had another not so great night painwise, and not good at all for the first part of his day. I ended up calling the oral surgeon about his lack of pain control, and was able to get a script for some stronger analgesic for a few days to get him through the worst. It seems to be helping a lot. He was even hesitant to be eating anything due to pain, even talking was painful. He's returning to being more human again. At least school doesn't start till Wed, so I'm hoping he'll be good to go by then.

I went for a great hour and a half walk, 5.8 miles according to my tracker. It was especially good after missing the last 2 days. Sleep was about 8 1/2 hours, I tried to go back to sleep a bit longer when I woke, but apparently was done. Not feeling so fatigued today, maybe it's turnaround time at last.

Popped out and pre-ordered my free range turkey for Thanksgiving, which is the weekend we return from Vegas. Mom will have to pick it up for me the day we fly home. Spent some time in the kitchen making a pot of fantastic squash puree soup, and yesterday made a huge pot of potato soup for the boys. Been a while since I've done that.

Eats:
    B: black coffee, a peach, half an avocado with celery salt pre walk
    post walk: leftover steak & mushrooms, cup of coconut water
    snack: 12 or so raw cashews, nibbles of bacon while prepping soup, cup of kombucha
    D: 2 bowls of squash soup topped with scallion, cilantro, bacon & lime. Omnomnomnom.
    I have another one of those coconut oil/cashew butter things chilling, with added cocoa this time, made one for hubby too. Maybe some strawberries will accompany. Not sure if he'll like it without added sweetener, but if he doesn't, I'll have it tomorrow .

Tomorrow is half way through the W30, so will be taking measurements. Stay tuned. Things are good here.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 09-02-2012 at 08:18 PM. Reason: remembered more foods

W30 day 15 progress report

Halfway through and looking good.

Day 1 *************** Day 15
    Height: 5 ft 6 in
    Weight: 150.6***********145.2 (-5.4 lb) Seriously?!
    waist: 29.5 in************28.75 in (-0.75 in)
    belly (at navel): 33 in*******31.5 in (-1.5 in)
    hips: 39.25 in************38.5 in (-0.75 in)
    right thigh: 23 in**********22.5 in (-0.5 in).

I'm quite surprised and pleased. Great motivation for the remaining 15 days for sure.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 09-03-2012 at 08:31 AM. Reason: format

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Halfway through and looking good.

Day 1 *************** Day 15
    Height: 5 ft 6 in
    Weight: 150.6***********145.2 (-5.4 lb) Seriously?!
    waist: 29.5 in************28.75 in (-0.75 in)
    belly (at navel): 33 in*******31.5 in (-1.5 in)
    hips: 39.25 in************38.5 in (-0.75 in)
    right thigh: 23 in**********22.5 in (-0.5 in).

I'm quite surprised and pleased. Great motivation for the remaining 15 days for sure.
    No kidding! That's terrific progress!!

I've actually been feeling rather cruddy today. It started with a bit of an upset belly late last night, it came back briefly when I got up (after 9 hours of sleep), and when it went, the headache returned for the whole day. I was planning to walk after breakfast, but it got moderately hot outside, and the heat wasn't feeling good to me today. So I pretty much spent the day doing not much and spent many hours on the web. I suppose the screen time didn't help with the headache either. It once again has been feeling much like a mild to moderate hangover sort of thing.

Eats were sort of random after the first meal, sort of full, then sort of hungry, then snacky, then I'm not too sure what. So I had some of this and some of that, and eventually dinner. I sort of want to eat more, but am really not hungry, so I won't. This better be gone tomorrow when I head back to work.

At least son #2 is feeling considerably better today. Still on meds, of course, but less frequently and is able to eat more, finally. Not angry anymore, either. He actually felt well enough to go over to a friend's house for a few hours and even dinner.

Eats:
    B: coffee, 1 grass fed beef pattie topped with 2 eggs, a peach
    the last of the cashews (and didn't buy more this weekend), bowl of squash soup, a plum, cup of coconut water, I'm sure there was something else small, but no idea what it was
    D: cauliflower mash, steamed green beans with ghee & garlic, and the best chicken you will ever eat. ever. I highly recommend it.
    kombucha.

Pretty sure I've figured out what was up with the headaches, upset stomach and generally feeling lousy yesterday. My period started 4 days early today. No doubt the nasty culprit. Usually I get several days of cramps to let me know TOM is on the way, but not this month.

Still a mild headache today, and a bit tired feeling now that I'm home from work, but was feeling pretty decent all day, clear headed, and not tired. Walked 4 miles in just over an hour, slow pace, but enjoyable, and movement is always a good thing.

I always drink coffee in the morning (or whenever wake up time is). Usually 2 cups, which are really large mugs, and some days a smidge more. Rare to have more later in the day. Workdays I have my one big mug at home, then take a large travel mug full to drink at my desk, as it's usually too hot to drink while in the car. The past 2 weeks or so, the second cup has been less enjoyable. I drink it, but it's just not as good anymore most days. Yet when I get to work and the coffee is gone, I really enjoy my tea. Loose leaf green blends often with added spices and bits, or flavoured oolongs. Maybe I should try to just have the one mug at home, then stick to tea exclusively. Strange things, indeed.

Today's eats:
    B: coffee, 3 scrambled eggs in ghee with a bit of steak
    L: salad of romaine, cucumber, tomatoes with a glob of fresh homemade mayo (seemed easier than throwing a vinaigrette together at 7am, and very tasty), the rest of the leftover steak, a plum
    after work hungries - 8 almonds, tsp of cashew butter
    D: by the time it was ready, I wasn't so hungry anymore. Small portion of spaghetti squash with grass fed ground beef in organic pasta sauce.
    club soda with lime.

I made a big batch of sausage and egg muffins for breakfasts for the rest of the week with pastured ground pork. Yum. I love how these make grabbing breakfast fast and easy. Could have thrown some vegetables in, but I wasn't feeling that energetic tonight.

The boys are finally back to school tomorrow, yay . Can't believe I have one in his graduating year already. #2 is managing well with his teeth, still sore of course, but manageable at least. Should be a bit better each day now, and he's stopped being so difficult about the whole thing.

Ahhhhhhh. Hubby smashed up the front end of his car on the way home today. Some idiot turned left in the busy intersection he was going through with the right of way right in front of him, so he ran into them. And narrowly managed to not get smashed by the car behind him as he slammed on his brakes. He was able to drive home, which is better than the left turning driver fared. The insurance appraisal can't be done until a week from Friday, and he really doesn't want to be driving with a loose bumper and doesn't know if there is more than surface damage yet either. So I guess he's carpooling with me for the next week and a bit. I'm guessing at least 3K damage, maybe more, hopefully the insurance will agree the other driver was 100% at fault. . Would have been a good excuse for a bottle of wine or something, but we abstained. What a pain in the ass.

The headache is still here, though I don't feel so worn out, and am at least having minimal TOM cramping for a change. Not sure however if the headache is better than the cramps, hmmm, lesser of 2 evils and all that. Workday didn't allow for gym/walk time today, and I wasn't bothered by the time I got home and started dinner, plus the headache was increasing. 7.5 hours of sleep last night.

Eats:
    B: coffee, 2 egg & sausage muffins
    L: romaine, cucumber, tomato, chicken (moroccan spiced) with the dipping sauce as salad dressing, spoonful of cashew butter mixed with creamed coconut and melted
    after work: 12 almonds, club soda with lime
    D: hot wings - 14 halves, so 7 "full" wings. I used ghee in place of butter with the hot sauce, and was just as good.
    cup of kombucha

So not a large amount of foods, and I'm feeling full. I was feeling snackish and wanting something sweet after dinner, but I went out for some errands, and it passed.

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I hope everyone is okay? Car accidents are SUCH a pain.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold