Page 154 of 279 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2782

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 154

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Did a good 5 mile walk in the sun, then did some garden work for an hour on some plants that have dearly needed my attention for a few weeks. Popped out for a nice pedicure after that, which was on my list of weekend things to do.

Hubby's flight east ended up back home before noon due to mechanical issues (actually landed on one engine), so he missed the connection in Toronto, and couldn't possibly get to Labrador today for his planned meetings tomorrow. So he's home now till Tues morning, when the second part of the planned travel to Quebec for the rest of the week is on. We ended up going to a movie since there was a 2 for 1 admission coupon at hand that expires at the end of the month. We saw "Hope Springs", which was very good. A good reminder to not take your spouse for granted when you just get into a rhythm of stuff, and not paying attention to each other. Yes, it was my pick, a nice change from action flicks.

Eats:
    B: coffee, 2 eggs poached in the remaining broth and beefy bits from the beef shanks on some riced cauliflower
    a banana with almond butter post walk, a couple of raw cashews
    D: big salad of romaine, cherry tomatoes, avocado, bacon & 2 over easy eggs.
    a juicy peach.

I had some bison bacon that I found a while back, so cooked that up in the oven after the regular stuff was done. It's all meat (not fat at all), and with a bit of salt & smoked paprika, is actually like soft jerky. I really like it. May have to find some more eventually, if I can remember where I bought it!

Bedtime beckons, need to keep up this good sleep pattern. I still had that small headache much of the day, maybe tomorrow will see the end of it.

7 hours of sleep. Felt pretty good all day, but the fatigue set in after getting home from work. Guess I'll just keep plugging away, clean eats and continuing to work on the sleep. I'm thinking that the tiredness is a tad less, but still there. At least the headache has gone, I actually just realized.

Son #2 complained of a very sore throat at bedtime last night. I had a look, and he has huge, nasty angry looking pustules on his tonsil. Lucky for us, hubby was home today, so managed to get him in to the doctor. Acute tonsillitis confirmed, with swab results for strep to follow. Sometimes antibiotics are a good thing. This is the first tonsillitis event for either of my kids. I was concerned this might rule out his wisdom teeth extraction, which is scheduled for Fri, but the oral surgeon's office says it should be fine, as they would be putting him on antibiotics post surgery anyway. Whew.

Got in my walk today in the sun. 4 miles, including 2 full plus 3 assisted pullups in the playground, 50 walking lunges, 30 full air squats, 15 pushups against the park bench. Nice.

Eats:
    B: black coffee, 3 scrambled eggs in ghee, one slice bacon plus 2 slices of bison bacon
    green tea
    L: small bit of pork chop, 6 jumbo green olives, 4 dill pickles, 3 small cucumbers, a plum
    raw cashews - a bag I'd bought for the week was left in my backpack, and I ate them all. Probably not much more than 60g, but I felt too stuffed afterwards. A moment of weakness. Rooibos tea.
    D: pulled pork on a bed of romaine, tomato, salsa, half an avocado
    Kombucha.

We bottled homemade wine tonight, a red and a white. The first time ever bottling without sampling any. It will keep just fine until after this W30.

I'm still waiting for that increased energy thing to happen. 7 1/2 hours of sleep.

Perhaps I'm also feeling the fatigue since it seems I've lowered my carbs a fair bit, not deliberately, but certainly lower than previous, even with the fruit added. Pretty sure not to ketosis levels, nor am I specifically aiming for that, but it is what it is.

I have done a 4.8 mile walk today, slow running for about half a mile of that, it was pretty hot, so wasn't interested in more speed or pushing harder. I enjoyed the sun and the break from my desk.

Yesterday was cashews, today raw macadamias. You'd think after yesterday I might have moved the macadamias that were in my work backpack along with the cashews, but no, I didn't think of that at home. So I ate the macadamias after lunch. Still, not the end of the world. Still "on plan", as far as content. Quantity not absurd. If that's the worst I indulge in while on this W30, I'd say it's doing pretty damn well.

Hopefully hubby will manage his cravings/old habits while out of town. At least this trip, he says the guy he's travelling with is a non drinker, so less temptation with going to a pub or some such place for dinner.

I had picked up lamb liver at the farmers' market a week ago, as I've heard it's milder than beef liver. I tried the beef liver a few months ago, ate it, but didn't particularly enjoy it. Tonight I decided to give the lamb a try.

As per instructions from the sheep farmer I purchased from, I thawed it just a tad, and sliced it thin while half frozen. Soaked in milk half an hour, then rinsed with water. Coated in a dusting of coconut flour, dry mustard, salt, pepper, onion powder, and fried lightly in ghee. I deglazed the pan with chicken stock and made a reduction to pour on top.

I have to say, it was really good. I enjoyed it very much, and ate probably half a pound (the package was 0.82 lb, and I ate more than half). I will most certainly buy and make again. I'm very impressed with myself.

Eats:
    B: black coffee, 3 slices bison bacon, 3 over easy eggs in ghee
    green tea
    L: pulled pork with sauerkraut, a plum. Macadamia nuts.
    white tea
    D: lamb liver, brussel sprouts sauteed in ghee, baked sweet potato with coconut oil/ghee & cinnamon.
    one decaf coffee
    strawberries & coconut milk.

I saved the rest of the liver to go with my eggs in the morning .

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    We saw "Hope Springs", which was very good.
    I saw the previews for that movie. I'd like to see it too.

Ouch on Son#2's tonsillitis Good thing they can still do the wisdom teeth

If that's the worst I indulge in while on this W30, I'd say it's doing pretty damn well.
    I'd say so too!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

7 hours of sleep. Not sure if I had more energy today, or perhaps just a bit not so fatigued feeling once the after work hours started. Certainly better than last Friday (day 5), but I'm still hoping for better. Especially considering the extra sleep I've been getting over the past 2 weeks. That's definitely a step in the right direction.

Had to use my lunch/walk time to take son #2 to the high school to sort out his course schedule with the counselor. He's been accepted into a tech school electrical program, which is the first step to apprenticeship, should he choose to pursue it further. Mornings at tech (close to home), then the bus takes him to his regular high school for afternoon compulsory courses. He's pleased, as we thought he'd have to wait for second semester to get in. I hope this helps sort him out this year. I grabbed a quick bite back at home after returning the kid, really didn't need too much for lunch as my big breakfast was still going strong.

I did think about the yoga class I tried out last week, but by the time dinner was sorted, eaten and cleaned up, I was full and not so much in the mood. That's okay. Maybe I'll try it again next week.

Eats:
    B: black coffee, 3 egg omelet with lamb liver (extremely filling!)
    green tea
    L: 30g raw cashews, apple with almond butter
    more green tea
    D: half a rib steak, mushrooms, garden tomatoes on romaine with basil evoo & toasted cumin seeds, bit of cucumber.
    club soda with lemon.

I'll try for an early bed today, son #1 is at work, #2 is sorted for the evening. Hubby says he's doing well with eats thus far while out of town. Best he can do with restaurant foods, anyway.

Managed to get very close to 8 hours of sleep. Energy levels about the same. Maybe next week will be better? At least the coming long weekend will allow for good sleep opportunities with no alarm to abruptly pull me out of dreamland.

4 mile walk today, and even threw in 5 rounds of short sprints (15-20 seconds up a grassy hill in the park) in the middle. Warm and sunny but not hot, so it just seemed right. I was going to do more, but after 5, I felt done, so started walking back to work.

As I was eating breakfast today, I got to the last few bites, and just felt I'd had enough, so tossed the remainder. How very unusual for me. Good sized lunch at 1pm, so why was I feeling hungry while on the way home from work at 430? Ah well.

Eats:
    B: coffee, tin of salmon with the last tiny bit of mayo, at most of it, but tossed the last bit
    green tea
    L: BAS - romaine, cucumber, radish, cherry tomatoes, scallion, the rest of the rib steak & mushrooms, white wine vinegar/evoo
    a plum
    more green tea
    few raw almonds after work
    D: 2 grass fed grilled beef burger patties with guacamole, garden tomatoes with evoo/toasted cumin seeds/salt/pepper
    half cup or so of thick chilled coconut milk with some cocoa powder plus half cup of blueberries. I had this last night too. Quite filling and covers the sweet cravings nicely.

Tomorrow is son #2's wisdom teeth extraction. His tonsillitis is clearing up nicely. He's feeling very bummed, however, as there have been no "big" social events among his crowd for about a month, and now one of his friends is having a dance party tomorrow night with multiple DJs. He obviously won't be able to go out, and knows it's too late to reschedule (not like I would have been keen on that anyway). He'll survive. I'll go into work for a couple of hours, then bring him in and have to stay with him for the remainder of the day, which is fine. I have a plan for smoothies, and other soft stuff for when he's ready for food.

Hubby gets home from his trip tomorrow around suppertime, which will be good. Maybe I can get a walk in once he gets home. Either that or I'll be napping .

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    4 mile walk today, and even threw in 5 rounds of short sprints (15-20 seconds up a grassy hill in the park) in the middle.
    Look at you go!

half cup or so of thick chilled coconut milk with some cocoa powder plus half cup of blueberries. I had this last night too. Quite filling and covers the sweet cravings nicely.
    ooh, sounds good. Although I should maybe avoid chocolate for a bit...

Tomorrow is son #2's wisdom teeth extraction.
    Good luck! Poor boy, I hope he feels ok after.
    Do you have a few bags of frozen peas??
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Do you have a few bags of frozen peas??
    I do have a few of those gel filled flexible cold packs in the freezer. That should work nicely. Hopefully once home, I can drug him up and just put him to bed!

BJDMINN is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    You're doing great on your W30, Greensprout!

The lamb liver sounds interesting. I may have to try it. I made bison liver a while back but it was a bit strong for my taste. Your journal is spurring me on to try some new things out. . I haven't had any wine for a week now and no dried fruit or nut butter for 2 and have been sleepy. I've even had a few mild headaches which is unusual for me but I know this happened when I first started paleo and it passed eventually. I've been to yoga 2x this week and it seems to help my energy levels a bit.

Have a great weekend!