Page 153 of 272 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 2714

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 153

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Finally made it to that Wed night yoga class at the gym. Not bad, I like the hot yoga classes better (even though it's been months since I've been there), but worth going rather than not. I didn't have time to get out while at work today, so made myself go. I do feel looser in the hips from stretches, and used up in the glutes from the static poses.

Eats remained good.
    B: black coffee, egg bake
    L: chicken salad with homemade mayo, pickles & green olives, plum
    D: slow cooker grass fed beef shanks on cauliflower rice and steamed local green beans drizzled with garlic olive oil. The meat juices were especially tasty.
    lots of green tea through the workday
    post yoga: cup of berries & coconut milk.

I think I managed 7 hours of sleep, or almost, at least. And got everything done that needed doing before bed, plus up early enough to get the slow cooker on plus get into work early. I'm having more energy through the day too, though feeling tired in the evenings. Granted, it's probably my body telling me to wind up and get to bed. I'm working on that.

Side note: I've had no belly upset over the past week or so. And have been eating cucumbers, so that's not likely what was going on. Egad, I hope it wasn't dairy. Suppose I'll find that out in a month when I reintroduce it. Hopefully there will be no issue with cheese.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Just plan some time and DO IT already! You've done it before. Schedule an hour or half an hour for "me time" just to move, whether that's walking, running, or tossing around that old sledgehammer you used to keep under the sofa.
    I walked/ran yesterday.

Egad, I hope it wasn't dairy. Suppose I'll find that out in a month when I reintroduce it. Hopefully there will be no issue with cheese.
    Oh, I hope it's not dairy either
    I would hate to loose cheese.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Close to but not quite 7 hours of sleep. Still feeling not ready to get up, but continue feeling alive quicker and maintaining that for at least the workday.

The skies were threatening to storm, so I got my 4 mile walk in a bit early. Whadda ya know, the sun came out, and it got very hot and humid. Glad I went. That's 3 walks and one yoga so far this week, and the weekend is yet to come. I like.

Another good day for W30 day 4:
    B: coffee, last slice of egg bake
    green tea through the day
    L: cup of beef bone broth, tin of salmon with mayo, diced olives & pickles. Even better than the chicken salad. A plum.
    D: ground beef/pork mix on a bed of cauliflower rice, green beans
    strawberries & coconut milk with shredded coconut.

So far so good. Yet I can feel that the no alcohol part will be more of a challenge for the weekend. We normally don't really go out, but enjoy nice wine and a few other drinks to chill on Fri and Sat nights at home. Ah well. I suppose abstaining may lead to not being up so late, hence better sleep, hence being up earlier to get stuff done, hence a productive weekend. I can only hope

Closer to 8 hours of sleep. Yet by mid afternoon, I'm feeling very tired today. Mild headache too, which was there last evening, and resurfaced today around when I started feeling worn out. According to W30, there is normally fatigue on days 6 & 7. I'm on day 5, but then again, I think they anticipate people coming onto the program from more of a SAD menu. Hmm. Hubby seems grumpy tonight, which is apparently typical of day 5. I think he really missed the wine with dinner. And ice cream.

Was able to leave work a few hours early, compensation for the late day earlier in the week. A few errands on the way home, including picking up some new perfume, which I'd been meaning to do for a while. Bonus day at the Lancome counter made it a good day to buy. Felt so worn out later on at home that instead of the intended walk, I took a good hour and a half nap. I needed it. Looking forward to a good sleep tonight, with no alarm for the morning.

Eats:
    B: coffee, 4 HB eggs with mayo
    L: unintentional IF, just turned out that way.
    some raw cashews, macadamias, spoonful of coconut butter
    D: beef tenderloin steak, mushrooms, steamed broccoli with ghee & garlic, perrier, strawberries & coconut milk with shredded coconut
    kombucha.

I actually managed fine wineless tonight. Of course, I'd like it, but after 5 days, it isn't such a big deal to abstain tonight since I'm sort of in the mindset for now. Hoping I can maintain that perspective for another 25 days.

Definitely feeling a bit thinner and less puffyness around the midsection.

I was in bed at midnight, which is a first for quite some time on a Friday for me. Woke up just after 9. Strangely enough, still feeling kind of tired today, and a hint of the headache remains.

Hubby admits that he was feeling very grumpy yesterday, and tired as well. We're both hoping for that supposed burst of energy that happens after around day 8 of W30. That would be rather nice. Of course, he's on the road this week, flight out early tomorrow and home on Friday, so will do the best he can while away and having to eat out. He's packing tins of salmon, nuts, and good quality jerky from a local butcher.

I scored a stalk of brussel sprouts at the farmers' market this morning, yay me. Until a couple of years ago, I never thought about how they grow. It's a thick woody stalk, mine is about 2 ft long and covered with little sprouts for $3. Got a variety of other local produce, including ground cherries, which are kind of neat. I've been eating more fruit lately, and not sweating it either. It's summer, so what better time for berries and stone fruit? I was sort of avoiding fruits for months (well, mostly, anyway) due to the carb content, but since I rarely get to ketosis anyway, what's the point? When I do a spot check, I'm pretty much always under 100g of carbs, and that would be a high sort of day.

BJDMINN is offline Member
    Good going on your W30. I did one last March and I remember being very tired for a few days but eventually felt the energy return. I should have kept a journal. I've avoided all dried fruits and nut butters this week but split a bottle of Pinot w/ my sister last night :0/. I need to fully commit to W30 - perhaps 9/1.

I wish my hubby would get on board w/ this woe. He tried when I first started but he never pushed thru the carb withdrawal. He's pretty lean and has convinced himself he doesn't need to change. I've given him all reading materials I have but he isn't ready to take the plunge. Any suggestions?

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Brussels sprouts are pretty cool, aren't they? I love them. When I was a kid I was actually afraid of them. I don't mean I didn't like them, I had actual fear. How weird is that? I got over it.

I doing well on Whole30 except for butter.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Quote Originally Posted by BJDMINN View Post
    Good going on your W30. I did one last March and I remember being very tired for a few days but eventually felt the energy return. I should have kept a journal. I've avoided all dried fruits and nut butters this week but split a bottle of Pinot w/ my sister last night :0/. I need to fully commit to W30 - perhaps 9/1.
    Thanks. Nice to hear that someone else found it gets better as far as energy. I've had plenty of sleep this weekend but still don't feel caught up. Good on you for avoiding the sugar laden dried fruits and nut butters.

Quote Originally Posted by BJDMINN View Post
    I wish my hubby would get on board w/ this woe. He tried when I first started but he never pushed thru the carb withdrawal. He's pretty lean and has convinced himself he doesn't need to change. I've given him all reading materials I have but he isn't ready to take the plunge. Any suggestions?
    I'm sort of lucky that hubby is tagging along. It's only recently that he's been reading more, though he did read PB soon after I made the switch. He's always followed along (at home, at least) when I seem to find something that works, like when I did WW 12 years ago. After I lost 15 lbs, he said "I want to do what you're doing". When we started PB, he was on statins, and now he's been completely off for probably 9 months or so, with his cholesterol numbers normalizing. Gotta like that!

As for suggestions, I guess just give it time. He has to find something in it that resonates for him, like perhaps living a long, healthy and active life with you, rather than lagging behind if and when he starts to get some markers of being not quite so healthy. I found that pushing it doesn't lead anywhere good.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    Brussels sprouts are pretty cool, aren't they? I love them. When I was a kid I was actually afraid of them. I don't mean I didn't like them, I had actual fear. How weird is that? I got over it.
    That's too funny! My favourite way to have them is roasted in the oven with some sort of fat, simple salt & pepper, until the outer leaves are super browned and toasty. Superdelicious veggie candy. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    I doing well on Whole30 except for butter.
    Excellent! I'm really not missing butter, and have even stopped reaching for it out of habit. Steamed broccoli topped with ghee, garlic powder, salt & pepper was quite divine on Friday, no sense of lacking at all.

Yesterday's eats:
    B: black coffee, 3 HB eggs with mayo, tiny bit of leftover steak (all that hubby left me)
    random times: raw cashews & macadamia nuts, grapes, few ground cherries, few strawberries, spoon of creamed coconut, and I can't remember what else, but on plan and small bits.
    D: large pork sirloin chop, cauliflower rice sauteed in ghee, heirloom tomato salad. A peach.
    Hungry later, so another small chop, and a chilled mix of creamed coconut/almond butter/cocoa. Not sure what I was looking for, this was not quite it, but ate it anyway.

8 1/2 hours of sleep to a natural wakening. Still kind of tired, but when I tried to stay in bed longer, I was awake. I suppose I can always nap later if needed. Nice to be up early and get a few things done, which I normally don't do on weekends. Kitchen is tidy, second load of laundry is in, big breakfast cooked and consumed (I'm sort of full now, so have to delay my planned walk for a bit).

And here's something very interesting. Scale says 146.4 today. Wow.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    And here's something very interesting. Scale says 146.4 today. Wow.
    Nice!!
    I'm not weighing my self for the next few days...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy