Page 145 of 278 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 2780

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 145

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    So as seems to be my theme, I didn't get as much sleep as planned, headed into work with not quite 7 hours rest. But I felt pretty good today, actually quite good to get back into the flow of work in the ER. It strangely wasn't too busy till the last half of the 12 hour shift, I was assigned to the "good" high acute area, which I appreciated. Dropped the car off at son #1's workplace on the way home, hubby picking me up. A good day. It rained much of the day, so I certainly didn't miss any yardwork.

I decided on an impromptu IF, so aside from a few cups of coffee, green and blueberry white tea, didn't eat till getting home at 830. 2 pulled pork lettuce wraps. Might have some berries, but feeling satisfied right now. A rum & zevia.

Ecstatic son #1 is now a car owner! Well, technically about 25% of a car owner, until he pays us back for the loan, and the car is in hubby's name as the kid can't legally buy it when under 18. This way he get's hubby's discount on the insurance too. He's one happy boy . Woo Hoo, no more sharing of my car, at least until son #2 can get licensed in the New Year. Of course, he's a little distracted now from studying for final exams.

More rain today, our yard is completely saturated. And more forecast for the week. It was only +11C on my way home from work, compared to +30 a week ago. Typical prairie spring weather.

Eats:
    black coffee
    1130: grape tomatoes, radishes, small tin of tuna in evoo.
    445: pepperoni stick
    6pm: chicken breast in mushroom cream sauce with broccoli on cauliflower rice. 2 spoonsful of rice.
    7pm: pepperoni stick

I finally figured out how to properly rice cauliflower in my food processor. Duh. Easy peasy. I bought the thing last year, but haven't used it much yet, as I'm a total novice to that appliance. Now that I see how easy it is, I might just use it more often. Maybe try chopping other veg instead of using my favorite big chef's knife for some variety.

I had a big bowl of blueberries & strawberries last night. Mighty fine.

Sleep last night about 6 1/2 hours. Yeah. Still working on that, as usual. Felt not too bad today however.

Closer to 7 hours of sleep last night, well, maybe it actually was 7. A slight improvement.

I'm truly lacking in motivation lately. I was planning on going out walking this evening, no rain plus sun today would have made it rather nice. Initial plan was right after work, but got working in the kitchen, the usual cleaning up of the boys dumped messes, then onto making dinner. After eating, I was full. I did manage to plant my italian parsley and cilantro seedlings, so at least that's something. Considered the walk again later, but good old cramps added to the lack of oomph. I have no idea when my period is going to start, the last 2 cycles were 19 and 20 days, respectively, in stark contrast to my normal 27-30 days. Presently at day 24, and on my 3rd day of increasing cramps. No idea quite when to expect Aunt Flo.

I remembered I had in the freezer a bag of home made dry cottage cheese my mom brought from the farmers market at home, most likely from raw milk. I mixed some of the dry curd with heavy cream, chives & himalayan sea salt, like I remember from when we had our own cows when I was a teen. Totally awesome.

Eats:
    645: black coffee
    9-1100: about 3/4 cottage cheese, a whole red pepper, grape tomatoes, 2 jumbo HB eggs (one double yolk!), bunch of baby dill pickles.
    coconut oolong and spiced black teas
    445: pepperoni stick
    600: taco style ground beef/pastured pork on a bed of salad greens topped with diced sweet peppers, sprinkle of cheddar, guacamole
    one square dark chocolate
    one rum & zevia, glass of white wine
    about to have a chocolate/banana/almond butter muffin thing, made by hubby. Not going to say no to that

Another 6 1/2 hours of sleep sort of night. Bah. Felt not too bad once dragging myself reluctantly out of bed.

Eats:
    black coffee
    1100: 3 HB eggs, cup of fresh cottage cheese this time with strawberries, a raw red pepper, grape tomatoes, dill pickles
    530: large portion of slow cooked beef roast, a medium buttered baked sweet potato.

It's been like banging my head on the wall to get son #2 moving to get out job hunting. He finally got a brief resume done, and I had to practically drag him out today to drop them off and fill out applications. This is what he says he wants, but it's ridiculous how much he hasn't been motivated to actually DO anything about it. I suppose he's probably not that different from a lot of kids that age, but it's very frustrating for me.

On the other hand, hubby and I had to have a chat with same kid tonight about other stuff he's been up to. A continuing chapter from all the drama of last year. Why can't he see that there are certain things we can't sanction or tolerate, and there are rules associated with living in this home? Of course, he's angry now. So is hubby. At least hubby left the discussion when he felt ready to blow up instead of going ahead and doing just that. I always feel caught in the middle. I can't take sides, but it leaves me unsure of what to do next.

I'm really hoping the kid will get hired somewhere and have some direction to his summer. Otherwise, I can see huge potential for things to go nowhere good. Sigh.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Nice shopping score!

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Ecstatic son #1 is now a car owner! Well, technically about 25% of a car owner, until he pays us back for the loan, and the car is in hubby's name as the kid can't legally buy it when under 18. This way he get's hubby's discount on the insurance too. He's one happy boy . Woo Hoo, no more sharing of my car, at least until son #2 can get licensed in the New Year.
    Congrats on 75% of a new car (and YOUR car back!)

I'm truly lacking in motivation lately.
    Me too

I remembered I had in the freezer a bag of home made dry cottage cheese my mom brought from the farmers market at home, most likely from raw milk. I mixed some of the dry curd with heavy cream, chives & himalayan sea salt, like I remember from when we had our own cows when I was a teen. Totally awesome.
    Sounds wonderful!

{{hug}} for the Son#2 drama.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

No further teen drama today, at least thus far. It was the last day of high school classes, now just exams to go. Son #1 is working on an English essay, after staying up very late last night working on PGL math, and is working all 3 evenings this weekend. Procrastination is a bitch. As for #2, the only classes he wasn't kicked out of this semester (attendance issues) have no exams, so he's done for summer. I truly hope he gets a call form one of his job applications.

There was a BBQ at work today. Dogs, burgers & pulled pork. I managed to score a HUGE portion of the pork, served by the General, after I asked for a "good sized" portion. He even asked "is that enough"? haha. Didn't need dinner after that, just picked at some random stuff.

I've been reading through some of the old stuff in this journal. Oddly enough, I came across the kid drama from about a year ago...makes me wonder if there's really been any progress on this front. Some, I suppose, but not where I had hoped it would be.

Tomorrow morning is a slow-pitch tournament at work. We're playing 4 games, one each hour from 8 through noon, then a BBQ. We've been granted the afternoon off afterwards, but I have to go back to the office for a bit for a teleconference, hopefully should be done by 230, then hooray for the weekend. I need to kick myself in the backside to get out walking over the next few days, too.

Eats:
    black coffee
    chicken bone broth
    L: pile o' pulled pork, few bites of potato salad, sauerkraut, slice of cheese, 2 slices of tomato
    5-7pm: 2 pepperoni sticks, apple with almond butter, some candied pecans. <yes, I bought them, have been nibbling a bit through the week, the bag was small, and now they're gone>
    One rum & zevia, glass of wine.

edit: day 5 of cramps with no flow in sight.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 06-14-2012 at 10:17 PM. Reason: mother nature

I learned a few things in the slow pitch tournament this morning:
    I still throw like a girl
    I pretty much suck at fielding ground balls
    I hit very well.

Outside in the beautiful sun from 730 till after 1. Good thing I wore a hat to protect my face, as my arms ended up rather pink. Liberally slathered in coconut oil post shower tonight, so that should be fine tomorrow. No need for Vit D supplements today, methinks. Headed back to the office for a bit after the post ball BBQ, was able to leave shortly after 2, which was a great way to start the weekend. I felt completely done in when I got home, even tried a nap, but after half an hour, I was still awake, so got up and puttered around a bit.

Eats:
    black coffee
    ball BBQ: burger pattie, smokie, ketchup & mustard, tomato slices, bit of coleslaw. Meh.
    pepperoni stick, nectarine
    D: 2 bison/lamb burgers topped with jalapeno havarti, big salad of local greens, radish, red onion, sweet peppers, cucumber with balsamic vinaigrette.
    3 dark chocolate squares
    Couple glasses of wine
    half a cup or so of hubby's haagen daz praline & cream ice cream.

I bought radishes yesterday. The package proudly proclaimed "fat free, no cholesterol". Seriously?? I feel so much better now about eating them.

Errands yesterday. Between rain showers. It seems neverending. Fasted till dinner, which was out at the officers' mess. Shrimp cocktail, mussels, scallops, lobster tail, prime rib, squash & beets, green beans, half cup of white rice. To be honest, the seafood was mostly overcooked and kind of meh. The beef was very good, so had a second slice. And the tops of a small slice of pecan pie and cheesecake. A glass of wine and cognac after getting home.

Today, more rain. Took son #2 for some driving practice, he's better at the clutch and shifting, but likes speed. He needs some work on control. No surprise there! I planned on a walk, but the rain poured, and once it was done, it was after dinner and was no longer in the mood. So zero for exercise once again. Been feeling rather stiff from the softball stuff on Friday, in particular the right shoulder (throwing arm) and legs from the sprinting between bases. Better today than yesterday.

Period finally arrived yesterday, after 6 days of cramps. Now that it's here, no cramping whatsoever. Weird. I go to the bathroom, and realize oh yeah, that's going on. A 28 day cycle, like it normally is, after the 2 last months of a week early.

I made chocolate ice cream today. Turned out pretty decent. The boys haven't had any yet, but I think they'll be suitably pleased.

Today's eats:
    black coffee
    2 over easy eggs on a bison/lamb burger pattie, cooked in bacon fat
    cherries
    spatchcock chicken with BAS
    chocolate ice cream with fresh sliced strawberries
    wine

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I learned a few things in the slow pitch tournament this morning:
    I still throw like a girl
    Hehehe.
    Me too

I bought radishes yesterday. The package proudly proclaimed "fat free, no cholesterol". Seriously?? I feel so much better now about eating them.
    Hahaha!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    More frustrations with son #2 this evening. Nothing big, just a lot of the regular stuff. I worked hard at talking calmly and not lecturing. No idea if it made any difference.

Fasted till dinner.
    Black coffee, peach oolong tea
    iced orange pekoe tea with lemon (made yesterday chez moi)
    big grilled pork sirloin chop with a VERY BAS
    few cherries
    glass of iced apple/cranberry/hibiscus herbal tea
    2 dry hard ciders post kid frustrations.

On the weekend, I picked a lovely bouquet of pale pink peonies with some purple tall flowery things for filler. While arranging them in the kitchen, I discovered a very nasty looking large albino looking spider. It was all white with a red splash across the body, not pleasant at all!! Managed to knock it into the sink and rinse down, amid the shrieking from both me and son #1. Then, of course, another peeked it's way out of another peony. That one was knocked to the kitchen floor and promptly squashed with a paper towel. Ick. I've never seen these spiders before. Peony specific, perhaps

More gray skies and drizzle this evening. And lots of rain forecast for tomorrow. At least I got son #2 out to mow the grass. Yes, that was one of the sources of frustration for the day.