Page 141 of 273 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 2724

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 141

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I just arrived at the hotel, where I'm waiting in the lobby for winencandy to arrive, she texted that she missed the exit .

Been a rather long week, loads of brain work, lots of walking, some workouts, not too bad on food. Not ideal, but not bad. I have an exam on Tues, plus a practical test thing Mon morning. Lucky me .

I just read winencandy's journal with what she was packing, funny, I have a corkscrew in my purse, too .

It's been a busy week, which is why I haven't been around here much at all.

The visit with winencandy was fantastic, as she described in her journal, it was like we were old friends and had no shortage of things to chat about. She brought wine and glasses, we picked up berries and chocolate during a good hour or so long walk around the university. Came back to the hotel for wine, then walked the 3km to the restaurant, which was a lovely little bistro with amazing flavors. Maple glazed pork belly with cilantro/carrot salad, a delicious striploin steak with chipotle lime butter, then a creme brulee for dessert, along with some cabernet and an "adult" coffee following. Berries with winencandy's creme fraiche (most tasty), more wine and a bit of dark chocolate while talking well into the night. A morning sleep in was followed by a large brunch buffet, where we made sure to get our money's worth: omelet made to order, bacon, salads, roasted veggies, chicken, salmon, roast beef and leg of lamb, smoked salmon, cheese, fruit. Plenty of primal fare to go round. I was full enough to not bother with dinner later back at the base that night.

It was a terrific meetup, well worth the drive. If we lived closer, I've no doubt we'd get together often. It was a lot of fun, and I'm very glad we both made the effort to do it, despite how weird it seems to be meeting up with an online "stranger". She's not a crazy internet weirdo either . And her curly hair is cool .

Back to the course, practical testing on Monday, exam on Tues (over 1/3 of the class had to rewrite due to low scores, I got a 92), lots of new lecture content that we will have to know from a practical perspective on exercise very soon. Food wise I'm doing okay, certainly more carb content many days than at home, but not crazy. I make reasonable choices, and if that includes a bit of potato or rice here and there, so be it. Can't control the oils the food is cooked in, but having lots of salads and veg. Still lots of marching about, made it out for a few walks and runs this week too. I've upping the time running in VFFs to over 20 min in the middle of a walk, I must be adjusting, as my calves are less tight the next day than the first time I tried 10 min. Pace is slow and comfortable.

A lot of my coursemates are gone for the long weekend, some of us are around, catching up on stuff, sleep, etc. We go into the field for a 3 day EX this week so have kit to prepare, was out picking up a few odd bits of stuff that will come in handy, including snacks of tinned fish, macadamias, coconut. tea and larabars. The haven't managed yet to get my gluten free box lunch either time we had them ordered, so am hoping for better next week. The tinned fish and nuts are my backup.

Yesterday afternoon I saw a matinee of "the Hunger Games". Quite good, and pretty close to the book. I'm now halfway through reading the 3rd book in the series.

Today I indulged in an afternoon nap. It was lovely. My roommate is away, so it's nice not having to share my space. Am thinking of an early(ish) bedtime tonight, probably after I finish the book.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    It was a terrific meetup, well worth the drive. If we lived closer, I've no doubt we'd get together often. It was a lot of fun, and I'm very glad we both made the effort to do it, despite how weird it seems to be meeting up with an online "stranger". She's not a crazy internet weirdo either . And her curly hair is cool .
    heeheehee
    Yes, if we lived closer, we ABSOLUTELY would get together more often!

I got a 92
    Excellent!!!

Enjoy your weekend!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

"Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    ok so I havent had time to read back just yet, cause I opened up your journal at the last page and lo.... you and winencandy are meeting up. I am soooooooo jealous! Of course you gals had fun!

Just had to comment now, I'm going to go back a few pages now and see what you've been up to.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    ok just read back 10 pages, which is interestingly enough about where I asked if you had reinjured your wrist. I cant believe it is taking so long to heal.

Had a laugh about cleaning the boys bathrooms... seriously, guys just dont "get" cleaning, unless they have been in the forces (like the fireman thank goodness, does a better job of cleaning the shower than I do, and I'm pretty anal about that)

So all good in that in the last few pages, teenage dramas seems to be lessening. Good.

And I also had to laugh at Em's comment that if you had to drink my share when you met up you'd be pissed. Hmmm. Not sure how I should take that. I've really cut back lately (she says as she sips on a vodka tonic )

Anyway, lovely to catch up with all your news. look after that bloody wrist, you dont want to be an old lady with arthritis in it.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Hey GS - Hope you're well and things are settling on the kid front. How's your wrist now?

I too am super-jealous about your meet up with W'n'C, I wish I was there.

Still here, but rarely getting the chance to check in on the boards. It's been very busy. Last week we were in the "field" on exercise, lots of physical and mental activity, little sleep, and lots of army stuff. I survived, though foods were marginal at best. I'm eating peanut butter out of necessity while in the woods. Some concessions need to be made. Came back on Thursday full of bruises and scrapes. Such fun. At least I've learned that not only can I keep up with the 20-somethings, I can surpass a good number of them on the physical front, which is a good mental boost .

Weekend of down time, didn't do too much, but caught up on some sleep. Today was a very draining mental exercise in class, which has left us pretty much exhausted tonight. My internet connection in my room is sketchy, so I'm in the hallway at the moment, catching up on email sorting. I can get stuff from home on the iPhone, but am trying to not go crazy on the data usage, as my plan is not unlimited.

Lots of grueling classroom stuff for the rest of the week, group exercises with presentations, and then back into the field for 5 days next week for our final evaluations. I'm not looking forward to it, but as per my mid course interview, am doing pretty well overall. Much to be said for the little things. Less than 3 weeks until I'm home, can't wait. I really need some good food. I'm eating too much chocolate, and yes, there is wine involved, as we are able to keep stuff in our rooms and my roommate is of the indulgent sort, though much more than I. I have been our for a few more runs and long walks too, as the weather has been good and I'm enjoying that as personal time away from all the course stuff, sort of a destressing time.

Bedtime.

edit: I should add that the thumb/wrist injury is improving. I'm having to use it quite a bit, and have pretty much given up on the splint, particularly with the field ex last week, it would have ended up sweaty and dirty, so not much use. Regardless, I don't want to be "that gal" who can't do stuff due to "lameness". I have one more physio appt booked for after I get home to reevaluate how things are doing, I suspect I will "graduate" from therapy at that point.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 04-16-2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: post injury update

I'm eating too much chocolate, and yes, there is wine involved,
    Me too

Field exercises, keeping up with (and surpassing!) the 20 somethings, only 3 weeks left AND an improved injury!!!
    Excellent!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Are you home yet???
    How was the rest of your course?
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy