Page 140 of 261 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 2610

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 140

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yesterday I got some errands and other miscellaneous running around done. I did 2 hours worth of work on a report I have to submit and had a half hour of panic when I thought I had lost it as it hadn't seemed to save where I thought it would be. Fortunately, hubby to the rescue and we found it. I had a bison/burger pattie with eggs for lunch, an apple with almond butter late afternoon, and then didn't really feel hungry for dinner. Both boys were out, so there was no particular need to cook. I eventually had some leftover chicken after 10pm, along with some wine.

Today parent teacher interviews at the high school. Despite son #2's misadventures, his teachers are on his side. Interesting. We were told once again (not news) that he's associating with not the best group. Another high school nearby had a massive brawl yesterday, sending 5 kids to hospital. Good grief. Anyway, the re-entry meeting is between hubby, the kid and the principal on Mon, as said principal was not available this week. I think it could go well, but it depends on son #2's perspective. I've given him a lot of things to think about, and want his thoughts and plan before I leave on Sunday morning.

Today's eats:
    black coffee
    4pm: chicken leg & thigh, 2 strawberries, 6 almonds
    930pm: striploin steak, mushrooms, asparagus, peppers. Rum & diet coke (forgot to tell hubby to pick up zevia), wine.

I've been having the odd spoonful of raw local honey of late. Anywhere between 1/2 to 2 tsp daily this week. Damn, that's good stuff.

I have all my army type gear packed, just have to sort out my personal stuff tomorrow. And, ugh, I think I have to run into the office for a bit as I still have one report outstanding, and am missing a few bits. Damn.

I'm pretty much packed up for the road trip and 6+ weeks away from home. Whew. I had a couple of hours of feeling very anxious and stressed this morning, but got on with leisurely packing my personal stuff, and I think all is good. The trunk of my car is stuffed with my military gear already. I had to run into work for an hour to transfer some files to my USB that I had missed doing earlier.

Hubby helped sort me out with a new program for my e-reader, loaded some new books, and got a refresher on the gps (I never use it).

I may try to just eat dinner on my next 3 traveling days, will see how I feel in the morning.

Today's eats:
    black coffee
    tiny bit of greek yogurt and a larabar
    D: 2 lettuce wrapped burgers with cheddar, avocado, tomato & pickled jalapenos
    one vodka soda, shared bottle of wine.

Off I go. Next stop Thunder Bay.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Today parent teacher interviews at the high school. Despite son #2's misadventures, his teachers are on his side. Interesting.
    Because they can see he's a good kid

I've been having the odd spoonful of raw local honey of late. Anywhere between 1/2 to 2 tsp daily this week. Damn, that's good stuff.
    Hmm, I have local honey in my cupboard. Both creamed and liquid. The hives are at my In Laws, 5 minutes away from home, the honey is harvested by a good friend. I think I'll have some. Tomorrow. Maybe in my Chai.

I'm pretty much packed up for the road trip and 6+ weeks away from home. Whew. I had a couple of hours of feeling very anxious and stressed this morning, but got on with leisurely packing my personal stuff, and I think all is good. The trunk of my car is stuffed with my military gear already.
    I can't imagine how much I'd pack for 6 weeks! (Actually, I kinda do and it's scary Do you remember my overnight packing list from last year )

Off I go. Next stop Thunder Bay.
    Safe driving.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Completed day 2 on the road, and I'm pretty much bagged. I've made it to Sault Ste Marie, last night was in Thunder Bay.

Yesterday's drive was good, aside from sustaining a not so nice spiderweb chip/crack in my windshield from some dumb ass big truck. Bastard. 8 hours driving. Had a bulletproof coffee at home, then fasted till supper. I succumbed to a diet coke mid afternoon as I was feeling sluggish, it helped with the fatigue, but I had a bout of hunger for an hour afterwards. Dinner at Montana's steak/rib place, had a sirloin with sweet potato fries (and yes, conventional mayo) and veggies, plus wine. In my room I ended up feeling something sweet, and since I purposely hadn't packed chocolate, ended up with reeses pb cups. Oops.

The "continental" breakfast was obviously not for me, so hit road with black coffee at 815am. Another 8 hours, a lot of winding roads on steep hills so I kept my speed down, as it made me kind of tense. Quite tense, actually, I've been living in the flatlands far too long, I used to live in the mountains and this was an every day sort of thing that I've been too far removed from. Feeling hungry and fatigued by 1pm, so had a spoonful of coconut oil, a couple of almonds and once again, a diet coke. Tonight's dinner at Boston Pizza (next door to hotel, so the easiest thing) was dry salt & pepper ribs, a salad with grilled chicken, pecans, veg & ranch dressing , with wine.

Didn't get to sleep as early last night as anticipated, seems I forgot the wall outlet part of my iphone charger, so connected it into the laptop to charge. I ended up doing the software update, which took quite some time, then most of my apps didn't work anymore after the synch, but today it seems okay. 7 hour of sleep, I think.

Tonight I plan on a shower, some mindless TV and an early bed. Should be about 7 hours on the road tomorrow, I plan to arrive there after 4pm, so I don't have to change into uniform, as if you check in during normal work hours, that's the expectation. If I'm early, I'll just poke about somewhere nearby . No idea about internet access in the quarters, I guess I'll find out tomorrow. Course starts Wed am. Gee, I'm so excited. Not.

I'm eagerly awaiting the update from hubby about how son #2's meeting with the principal went today. I emailed when I got in, but he hasn't replied yet. Men.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Hope the meeting went well, GS. I had issues with my son that sound kind of similar - doing stupid things, but in a likeable way.

I can't imagine being away for 6 weeks - I'd have to take almost the whole house with me .
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

The windshield chip/crack sucks.

Hopefully you made it to base OK today.

Have fun at your course tomorrow!!!!

Any news on the school meeting?
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Finally back online! Made it to the base late afternoon on Tues, course started on Wed. A good bunch of people, mostly young nurses, but there are 3 others older than me, but I probably have the most military experience of the lot. Still have stuff to learn, however, I suppose that's why I'm here.

Long days of class, lots of evening readings. And being a training base with tons of very junior people here on courses, we have to "march" to and from class as a formed group...haven't had to do that in many years, rather funny. But it means over 4km of "slow movement" daily, as the school is a km away from our quarters and the mess hall.

Food is not too bad, I'm able to make reasonable choices as there's usually a reasonably acceptable protein choice plus a good salad bar if the cooked veg is not great. I have a drawer stocked with tuna, salmon, nuts, coconut and dark chocolate, though to be honest, I haven't needed to use much. It's more for when we go into the "field" and have packaged rations for most meals, or boxed lunches.

Sleeping well, still could be more, but is already more than I normally get at home, which is very nice. As for exercise, aside from the daily marching, since Wed I've done 2 long walks, one group circuit training, and today checked out the huge gym and did a couple rounds of PBF, including assisted pullups on the machine. I'm feeling already a bit less soft and jiggly, mucho cool.

Should be off to bed, but hope to catch up on other journals in the next few days. Have just been texting with winencandy, we may be able to meet up next weekend, which will be fantastic!

What about this restaurant?
    BABELFISH BISTRO - Menu
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    What about this restaurant?
    BABELFISH BISTRO - Menu
    Ooooh, that looks fantastic! I'm up for that. If you found out some other details, PM or even better, text me.

Busy long day, just finishing up homework. Details later. Suffice to say lunch was disappointing after IF for breakfast, as all main choices included bread/breading/flour in sauce. I settled for salad and sad cold cuts with cheese. Dinner was chewy roast beef (overcooked) with broccoli and salad. Had hoped to walk, but we were done late, and had to get to dinner before it closed, so no go after that for the gym. Much homework. Ah well.

Ended up staying up later last night than planned, chatting with some of my classmates. Ah well. IF till lunch, then along with my tiny chicken leg quarter, I decided to have just a few (like 10 or so) curly fries...mistake. I forgot they are normally "coated", which I'm quite sure includes flour. By an hour post lunch, my belly started loudly gurgling and making all sorts of strange noises, which is still going on 7 hours later. No pain or cramps, but loud, rumbly, gassy, and loosening things up, if you know what I mean (yeah, TMI, agreed). Won't be having curly fries again, for sure!

Readings and study done for tomorrow, we have a big in class map assignment to be evaluated, and start with an early PT class. Today I'll do that earlier bedtime I was aiming for yesterday. Hubby emailed me e-versions of the 3 Hunger Games books, so I'd like to start reading those, rather than just course stuff.

Winencandy & I have planned our meetup for this weekend, an overnight stay between location and mine, and she booked us in for dinner at the bistro linked above. It should be a blast.