Page 139 of 273 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2729

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 139

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    You'll have to have a drink for me, too . . . and Em, and Suse. You'll be pissed by the time you've done that, and then you get to drink for yourselves
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    HAHAHA! Then it will have to be more than a Sunday afternoon meetup! I may just have to make the 4 1/2 hour drive all the way to your place .
    eeeekkkkkkk!!!!!
    winencandy runs screaming from MDA to frantically (and hopelessly) run around trying to tidy her house....
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    You'll have to have a drink for me, too . . . and Em, and Suse. You'll be pissed by the time you've done that, and then you get to drink for yourselves
    . We'll have a toast to all you Southern hemisphere ladies, for sure

BUSY trying to get stuff wrapped up at work. I only have tomorrow left, and had to leave a bit early for physio. Worked on some stuff at home tonight for a couple of hours, ugh. If I can't get it all done tomorrow, I may have to run back in for a bit later in the week . Definitely feeling the stress, but at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I was tired and headachy today, along with those lovely precursor cramps too.

Eats:
    bulletproof coffee (was sort of hungry, but not enough for a full breakfast, it did the trick)
    2 cups chicken bone broth
    green tea
    D: pork ribs, raw celery & cauliflower with avocado lime dressing as a dip
    some coconut (went looking for honey and found this instead, lol)
    big glass of wine while doing work stuff

Physio was running way behind today, and we had to cut the appt short as I had to be home for son #1 to take my car to get to work. Ultrasound, and testing of strength. The thumb is getting better, she gave me some strengthening exercises to work on. Slowly progressing, but still frustrating. Hopefully it won't interfere with or be aggravated by the upcoming course stuff.

I REALLY think I need a decent night's sleep. Up late last night (really?) and woke up all sweaty and uncomfortable this morning. Hormones, I suppose.

My birthday is next Friday. I'll be far from home. Ah well. Maybe I can treat myself to dinner and a movie. I'm quite good company . Or shopping. Hmmm.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 03-12-2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: evil coconut

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    eeeekkkkkkk!!!!!
    winencandy runs screaming from MDA to frantically (and hopelessly) run around trying to tidy her house....
    HAHAHAHAHAHA .

Can't be any worse than mine!

We can sort out stuff via PM in a couple of weeks.

Last day of work done before going away, though I do have to finish a couple of reports so will be popping back in later in the week to send. I did manage to get those damned performance evaluations done, yay. Very busy day, but got a fair bit done, and more or less completed the handover.

The evening was pretty much max relax. Wasn't interested in doing more. Made online bookings for my hotels for my road trip, it will be 3 days driving, keeping it to somewhere around 8 hours on the road per day if conditions are decent.

Eats:
    black coffee
    green tea
    2 cups of chicken bone broth (that's the last of it)
    1 1/2 pepperoni sticks
    D: 2 bison/lamb burgers on lettuce leaves, topped with sour cream, aged cheddar, avocado, roasted red pepper & pickled jalapenos. Mmmmmm.
    Coconut. The bag is gone in 4 days rather than 2. Won't be replacing it.
    wine.

Still having premenstrual bloat and cramping going on, but still waiting for things to start. Blah, blah.

The one spot on my finger that was the worst hit from last week's scald has started peeling a bit. It never blistered nor was sore after the first day or so, think I was lucky on that front.

Tomorrow's agenda: working on reports, gathering army gear to pack, hair colour to cover up the emerging gray roots. Perhaps a chicken in the slow cooker, since I found a new one for a decent $30.

Up early, got some stuff done at a reasonable hour. The work stuff I was trying to get done caused me some grief, as the files I'd saved on my USB stick were .msg files, which the home computer couldn't open. Spent a couple of hours trying to find a program to open them, with no success. I ended up having to run into the office to save the files in another format. Didn't have time to work on the product there as I had to run to an appointment. Important stuff, I had a salon visit to cover up the roots before going away. My stylist changed salons, but it's still close, and the couple of visits I've had with him so far are worth repeating. So root touchup, freshening of overall colour, and a trim. I like it. I think later in spring I'll go more red than dark brown. I consider hair as an accessory.

Eats:
    coffee
    greek yogurt with berries & coconut
    leftover ribs
    D: roasted chicken thigh & leg, pile of parsnip fries.

Unneeded additional stressor on the way home from the salon. Had a phone call from the high school principal, son #2 has been suspended for a few days, and we need to meet with him about "reentry". He's not had a good semester, nor was the last, attendance issues and so on, plus some new stuff. Unfortunately, the principal is unavailable the rest of this week, so it will all be on hubby early next week. Sigh. I'm trying to get the kid to see that he needs to take responsibility for his actions, and he needs to come up with a plan and some direction. I'm kind of concerned that hubby and I are not always on the same page...or perhaps it's just that he tends to overreact in a very strong manner that I don't see as helpful. He and I did talk about it tonight on the phone (he's out of town tonight), he's taking a much harder line than me, but we can talk more when he gets home tomorrow night. I don't want to be leaving town worried about how he'll handle this.

I have to admit, there are many days like this when I wonder what things would have been like if we'd not had kids... I suppose that's not a novel idea to many parents.

And I had some wine. As for the parsnip chips with dinner, I had thoughts of potato chips, but decided on parsnip instead, which were thoroughly enjoyable. Small victory.

Ohagan1234 is offline Junior Member
    One word.....Awesome.

Last edited by Ohagan1234; 03-15-2012 at 01:07 AM.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    If you girls start drinking for Suse you could really be in trouble!

I have to admit, there are many days like this when I wonder what things would have been like if we'd not had kids... I suppose that's not a novel idea to many parents.
    I love my kids insanely, but I do wonder sometimes what life would be like if I hadn't thought that having kids was the 'next step.' How many of us breed because it's just what people do at a certain time in their lives? I think I would have been just as happy if I were childless.
    Of course I say this knowing you won't judge me and think I'm a terrible mother who regrets having children.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Agreed

I love my kids insanely, but I do wonder sometimes what life would be like if I hadn't thought that having kids was the 'next step.' How many of us breed because it's just what people do at a certain time in their lives? I think I would have been just as happy if I were childless.
    Of course I say this knowing you won't judge me and think I'm a terrible mother who regrets having children.
    Hey, no judgement here! I agree, there may have been some element of "hey, we've been married for 3 years, it's time to procreate" going on. Yes, a very conscious decision, but made at age 26. Do I regret having kids? Honestly, no. Would I have been happy without any? Most likely, or maybe I'd be wondering the opposite. We do what we think is best for us given where we are at that point in time. Of course, at nearly 44, I am not the same as I was 20 years ago. I adore my lovely boys most of the time, but damn, parenting teenagers can be rough. Can't lock them up, can't beat them senseless, just do the best we can right now and hope for the best. Geez, that sounds sappy .

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Important stuff, I had a salon visit to cover up the roots before going away.
    I'm "due" for the same too, but a small part of me wonders if I should just let the grey happen. But then a larger, louder part of me shouts "Not Yet!"

I consider hair as an accessory.

Unneeded additional stressor on the way home from the salon. Had a phone call from the high school principal, son #2 has been suspended for a few days, and we need to meet with him about "reentry".

Not novel at all

Do I regret having kids? Honestly, no. Would I have been happy without any? Most likely, or maybe I'd be wondering the opposite. We do what we think is best for us given where we are at that point in time. Of course, at nearly 44, I am not the same as I was 20 years ago. I adore my lovely boys most of the time, but damn, parenting teenagers can be rough. Can't lock them up, can't beat them senseless, just do the best we can right now and hope for the best. Geez, that sounds sappy .
    What she said
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy