Page 138 of 274 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148188238 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 2737

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 138

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I did manage to get a reasonable start on one of the performance evaluations I need to finish in the next week, so feeling marginally better about some of the work stuff. Still haven't started the handover, not sure what's up there. Hopefully find out more tomorrow or the next day when the boss is back.

Hubby was supposed to fly to Ottawa this morning, but his flight was cancelled. He has another trip later in the week, so this is good. I'm taking advantage of his being unexpectedly home to get my car in for servicing tomorrow, so we can ride together and pick the car up after work. I needed to get this done before I'm on the road.

Spent much of the evening cleaning out stored files from my old laptop. It's on the verge of death, I've been using hubby's netbook for months now, but never took the old stuff I want to save off the old one. At least that's done now before it crashes for good. I can do the sorting of the files later, and discard the clutter. Also got set up with a new program for my e-reader, so I can load up on books for while I'm away.

Eats:
    B: bulletproof coffee
    L: 2 cups of chicken bone broth. Was feeling pressured and antsy a while later, and found a larabar from the last trip in my purse...bet you can guess what I did with that. Chocolate coconut one. I felt less antsy afterwards
    my last 6 macadamia nuts after work
    D: 2 bison/lamb burger patties on lettuce wraps, topped with cheddar, avocado, salsa & pickled jalapenos. Messy, but oh, so good. A 2:1 bison to lamb ratio was very nice, made for tender, juicy burgers grilled on the BBQ.
    Bit of wine. I expect this will cut back considerably while away. At least I'm planning on that to be the case.

Edit: I should add that despite the deplorable lack of exercising of late, I did eyeball the pullup bar in the basement yesterday skeptically, but did manage to squeeze out one decent chinup. With the hand injury, I didn't attempt more, but pleased that it's still in me.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 03-06-2012 at 07:48 PM.

The morning went fast, I was finally able to start handover of my "new" boss's job back to her. But she's only back to work for 3 half days a week for now, she hasn't shared the reason, and I didn't ask. It does make things rather challenging, as I'll probably be gone from the office by middle of next week before leaving until May. Oh well.

More frustration as my office phone isn't working right, and I my card for encrypted email was pooched. Finally sorted out most of that by end of the day, though a phone system tech has to come by tomorrow to try to fix the remainder of the issues. I need to get lots done tomorrow, including some running around for stuff I need for the course.

Skipped the bulletproof coffee today, as I had to ride with hubby, he was ready before me and foot tapping to go. I have been thinking that maybe I don't need this anyway, since most days I choose to, I have no issues with IF until lunch or later, so probably could skip the BPC thing. I'm sure those calories <yes, I've said the bad word, calories, deal with it> add up regardless.

Eats:
    black coffee
    2 cups of chicken bone broth
    green tea
    D: 3 eggs, crispy pork belly slices, small sweet potato, broccoli, butter on the veg, half a small pork chop. Nicely satisfying.
    Wine.

Spent a bit of the evening (after taxiing son #2 around) sorting through my gear I'll need to pack. Oh yay, fun, all my army field kit. Yes, it's that sort of course.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Edit: I should add that despite the deplorable lack of exercising of late, I did eyeball the pullup bar in the basement yesterday skeptically, but did manage to squeeze out one decent chinup. With the hand injury, I didn't attempt more, but pleased that it's still in me.
    Nice! I still haven't managed one. Yet.

I'm sure those calories <yes, I've said the bad word, calories, deal with it> add up regardless.

Spent a bit of the evening (after taxiing son #2 around) sorting through my gear I'll need to pack. Oh yay, fun, all my army field kit. Yes, it's that sort of course.
    Have fun!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I'm rather tired today. Up kind of late, and then this morning, got up to my alarm thinking I had slept a bit longer than I should. Saw that son #2 had NOT taken out the garbage as he SAID he would when I went to bed, and I knew that the garbage and recycling truck comes by any minute, so there I go in my parka and jammies hauling out stuff. I was not pleased. Woke the kid and told him so. Then I see that I had apparently forgotten to set the timer on the coffee pot, so turned it on. Went upstairs to crawl wearily into the shower, and realized something was amiss. I clued in that my stupid digital alarm clock had decided that TODAY was the start of daylight savings time, and automatically set itself one hour ahead during the night. It was only 550 am. I crawled back into bed hoping for another half an hour of snooze, which of course didn't happen. Was not an issue for said child, of course.

Anyhoo, I am consequently fatigued. After lunch, I had a wave of sleepiness, despite a VLC meal. Later had sweet cravings, and searched my purse and backpack, but alas, no more larabars hanging about. I had a spoonful of coconut oil, which took the edge off a bit.

Eats:
    black coffee
    L: small portion of fajita beef with peppers, mushrooms & onion, half a small pork chop.
    after work: a pepperoni stick and about 8 raw almonds
    D: grass fed ground beef crumbled and fried on a bed of wilted spinach and baked sweet potato.

I was not feeling much like cooking, but was hungry. One kid is at work, the other eating at a friends, but no doubt they'll both be looking for leftovers later. The meal hit the spot, anyway.

Son #1 is definitely on the mend. Went back to the gym for the first time in a month, says it felt great but he's "weak". It won't take long to be back lifting heavy. And he's on his first shift back at work tonight, then tomorrow, Sun and Mon. Happy to be back earning some cash.

It was only 550 am. I crawled back into bed hoping for another half an hour of snooze, which of course didn't happen. Was not an issue for said child, of course.
    Would not have been an issue for me either
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Would not have been an issue for me either
    Wouldn't normally have been for me either, especially since I'd been up late, which made it even more annoying.

For my upcoming course, they asked to be notified of anyone's food restrictions, like (in their words) vegetarian, etc. So I said I was gluten free. The reply was "clarify: celiac, intolerance or preference". I decided that intolerance was a good answer, 'cause, aren't we all, really?? Then I get : "can you provide some specifics? They can usually accommodate, but specifics are helpful". Okaaay, I'm thinking gluten free is pretty specific, but responded with "no wheat/barley/rye/flour/breading, okay with meat/poultry/fish/dairy/veg/fruit". . Hopefully it will result in not getting a box lunch of mystery meat sandwiches with a packaged pastry or hot meal of pasta while in the field. We'll see. They asked, so I spoke up.

Yesterday's eats:
    black coffee
    tin of mackerel in brine (not bad, mostly like tuna)
    chicken bone broth
    small apple with chocolate hazelnut butter (mmmmmm)
    apple larabar
    pepperoni stick
    some white rice with butter
    D: small beef tenderloin steak with roasted brussel sprouts, peppers, mushrooms. Wine.

Today's adventures will be grocery shopping and finding a new slow cooker.

I did manage over the last week to rid myself of the 3 pounds of no doubt sugar intake induced water weight gain from my recent forays into the land of pralines. Had been up since returning home 2 weeks ago, now back at 145. Interestingly, TOTM is imminent, which should be causing more water retention . Whatever. Good old girly cramping starting up, time to hit the naproxen for the next few days.

On a venture to Costco yesterday I picked up a bag of that dried "fresh young coconut" that I managed to gobble an entire bag of in 2 days some months ago and have been avoiding purchasing ever since. I told myself it would be reasonable to pack for my trip as a "treat". Yeah. Not surprisingly I opened the bag soon after returning from the store. Same addictive qualities. Had a couple servings yesterday and some already today, but I'm working at not scarfing the lot. Last time I did that I felt pretty crappy for a while. Silly Greensprout. Note to self: don't buy this again. You know better.

Hubby is planning on dialing in his foods and upping the workouts during the 6 weeks while I'm away. His goal is to drop 10 lbs of extra fat by the time I get home. He's lost and regained this same 10 pounds numerous times. I'm planning on doing sort of the same, as best I can, not aiming for a specific amount, but just to do as well as I can. Should be no reason not to get more sleep, which can only help matters. That and cutting waaay back on the wine and such.

Yesterday's eats:
    4 eggs scrambled in coconut oil/ghee with a touch of cheddar
    sample chunk of brie and havarti at costco
    pepperoni stick
    coconut
    few almonds
    D: scallops, arugula salad with avocado lime dressing (nomnom). Wine.
    4 squares dark chocolate
    half a bottle of bubbles

edit:
    I obviously managed to reset my stupid alarm properly, as it did change the time for the correct day of daylight savings time last night. I really hate losing an hour.

I have a giant load of dry spice rubbed pork side ribs in the oven for dinner. They smell heavenly.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 03-11-2012 at 12:14 PM. Reason: random thoughts

On a venture to Costco yesterday I picked up a bag of that dried "fresh young coconut" that I managed to gobble an entire bag of in 2 days some months ago and have been avoiding purchasing ever since. I told myself it would be reasonable to pack for my trip as a "treat". Yeah. Not surprisingly I opened the bag soon after returning from the store. Same addictive qualities. Had a couple servings yesterday and some already today, but I'm working at not scarfing the lot. Last time I did that I felt pretty crappy for a while. Silly Greensprout. Note to self: don't buy this again. You know better.
    I think I may have to look for this the next time I go there. (I don't have a membership, so I have to tag along with someone else)

That and cutting waaay back on the wine and such.
    Except for when you meet me!!!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I think I may have to look for this the next time I go there.
    Only at your own risk. You have been duly warned.

Except for when you meet me!!!
    HAHAHA! Then it will have to be more than a Sunday afternoon meetup! I may just have to make the 4 1/2 hour drive all the way to your place .

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Uggggghhh. I've spent FAR too much online time this weekend. Basically slothfully lazy. Did the necessary errands and household stuff, but that's about it. I think I'm trapped (briefly only, I hope) in a surly procrastination phase due to my leaving home in 6 days for 6 weeks when I have a crapload of stuff to get done before I leave. Time for a major self ass kicking.

I did buy myself some lovely tulips yesterday to enjoy for the week. Very pale pink and purple. Ah, how I love spring flowers. I was in heaven 4 years ago in May on a layover in the Amsterdam airport browsing through the many flower shops. Those Dutch truly know their tulips.

In a moment of self depreciation, I did one chinup, 15 strict form knee pushups, and 15 ass to grass bodyweight squats. So there.

It was a most beautiful weekend with temps over 10C, and I didn't get outside aside from in my car. Not good.

And to be honest, I'm feeling the wine and bubbles of last night. Bah. That and the impending "womanly cycle" isn't helping.

Eats:
    black coffee
    3 soft boiled eggs (one unpleasantly exploded it's yolk in the pot) with avocado lime dressing
    small bit of greek yogurt with fresh berries
    some of the evil coconut stuff
    pepperoni stick
    more evil coconut
    D: pork ribs with buttered broccoli
    rum & zevia
    wine
    more evil coconut stuff.

I have 2 days of work left and I'm stressed. I woke up this morning thinking about work stuff. Not so good. Just have to get through this week, then on the road, with hopefully some perspective alongside.

That is all.