Page 137 of 263 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 2627

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 137

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yesterday I was hungry in the morning, so ate my large lunch (beef & veggies) at 930 before heading out to have son #1's cast removed. He's on the mend, should be back to full function within a month or so. Later, I wasn't particularly hungry for dinner, but made a less than optimal choice to have pepperoni sticks and a large portion of pralines. And wine.

Up late, ending feeling stressed after a "disagreement" with son #2. Am trying to not let this stuff get to me. Up early to get them up for school, then pulled a successful winencandy move and went back to sleep for another hour and a half. I needed that. A few errands, not a particularly productive day off, but fairly relaxing, which was needed.

Good primal score this afternoon as the local "Mr Bison" as he calls himself came through the neighbourhood with his trailer full of large freezers. $200 later I have a bunch of ground bison, roasts, stew meat, short ribs, smokies, soup marrow bones and -get this- a huge bison heart. Will have to do some research on how I'll use this thing. Hubby is completely disturbed. Didn't tell him I could have got a tongue too, it was sort of tempting in a squeamishly curious way, but I'm not quite ready to go there yet. Anyway, a bunch of local pasture raised bison delivered to my door, so all is good.

Eats:
    black coffee
    greek yogurt with frozen berries & coconut flakes
    a few macadamias
    D: close to a full rack of pork back ribs (spicy dry rub), buttered rice, buttered broccoli.
    a rum & diet coke (out of zevia).

Son #1 said last night that he's going to attempt shampooing less often, he's seem the 'pooless concept crop up on the forums he visits (mostly bodybuilding and workout type of boards), and is intrigued by the idea. I laughed and told him I started that over a year and a half ago. I went through the BS/ACV thing, got sort of dry eventually. Now I've settled in at a phytate/paraben/silicone free shampoo maybe once a week, with sometimes a conditioner only wash or just water rinse periodically inbetween, and it's generally working very well. He's planning to start with 'poo every second day, then every third, and so on , and see how it goes. Of course, his hair is very short, so I don't expect he'll find any big issues. My hair is getting pretty long now, still working on some dryness at the ends and occasional flakiness from dry scalp, but the boar bristle brush helps with that if I remember to use it regularly.

Hubby is moping about with a man-cold. He's trying to blame it on me, but not likely, as I was out of town when his symptoms started. Back off, dude. I've at least got him upping his Vit D. He's off to bed now, and we're both off tomorrow. He'd better keep his germs on his side of the bed is all I can say. My last cold went away pretty quickly after I was on the road, fortunately, and I do not want it back, thank you very much.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Son #1 is not impressed, he thought my car would be "his" while I'm gone, haha. Nope.
    This made me laugh!!!

Up early to get them up for school, then pulled a successful winencandy move and went back to sleep for another hour and a half. I needed that.
    HAHAHAHA!!!
    It's nice isn't it??

Didn't tell him I could have got a tongue too, it was sort of tempting in a squeamishly curious way, but I'm not quite ready to go there yet.
    Same here.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Recently home from a lovely dinner evening at our primal friend's home. Having a nightcap of some good cognac picked up from the duty free on my recent trip.

Saw our financial advisor today, moved some money around, and all is looking good. Thankful that we started our RESPs for the kids' education fund when they were babies, as it will be only a year and a half or so before we will start using that. I don't think they'll have any worries about affording post secondary education, which is awesome.

Much to hubby's dismay, I cooked bacon wrapped chicken livers for my brunch. They were pretty good, but by the last few bites, I started having some texture issues. Otherwise quite tasty, I ate probably half a pound of them. A few leftover, which I'm not sure if I will eat or not, but they're in the fridge anyway.

Dinner was fantastic. Cucumber slices with homemade antipasto to start. App of seared scallops, main of chateaubriand (fabulous), roasted cauliflower with salsa verde, amaretto baby carrots, steamed asparagus. Chocolate custard with berries, followed by a cheese and fruit plate. Good wine, coffee, and cognac.

We got a good dump of snow today, the most we've had all winter thus far. I'm not particularly impressed. The streets are pretty cruddy for driving. Ah well, we've been spoiled this year, so I suppose we were due.

Dinner was fantastic. Cucumber slices with homemade antipasto to start. App of seared scallops, main of chateaubriand (fabulous), roasted cauliflower with salsa verde, amaretto baby carrots, steamed asparagus. Chocolate custard with berries, followed by a cheese and fruit plate. Good wine, coffee, and cognac.
    Sounds excellent!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Sounds excellent!!
    It really was . Too bad these primal friends of ours are moving away next month .

8 hours of sleep, was up rather late. Hubby was up early as he's still got the man cold thing going on and was all clogged up and coughing/sneezing/sputtering. I think he needs a bubble to keep his germs to himself. At least he's still following my recommendation for the higher dose Vit D and C.

Eats:
    coffee
    last 4 ribs with 3 eggs
    pepperoni stick
    some reeses' pb balls, yes, it seems the sugar issue is not quite done. They're gone now
    D: skin on roasted chicken breast, roasted sweet potato, bit of broccoli, amazing parsnip fries. They were so delicious it was hard to leave hubby's portion untouched. Might have to make them again tomorrow.
    vodka soda.

I managed to scald both hands nicely while making bone broth, transferring it from a boiling pot to the slowcooker, which managed to crack. It was worthy of it's own post. I have to buy another slowcooker now. Stupid thing. The affected fingers are liberally coated in coconut oil and lavender essential oil, and an odd web searched remedy of wrapping in tin foil has stopped the burning sensation. I don't think it will blister. Add one more dumbass move to the list of stupid clumsy accidents of late. I'm feeling somewhat inept.

marcadav is offline Senior Member
    I think your hands need a vacation. I hope they heal quickly.

I managed to scald both hands nicely while making bone broth, transferring it from a boiling pot to the slowcooker, which managed to crack. It was worthy of it's own post. I have to buy another slowcooker now. Stupid thing. The affected fingers are liberally coated in coconut oil and lavender essential oil, and an odd web searched remedy of wrapping in tin foil has stopped the burning sensation. I don't think it will blister. Add one more dumbass move to the list of stupid clumsy accidents of late. I'm feeling somewhat inept.

Ouch!!
    Stop hurting yourself!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post

Ouch!!
    Stop hurting yourself!
    Um, yeah. Working on that. I have to say that the scald today is much better than I would have expected. A couple of tender spots that are slightly red, but otherwise quite fine. I'm pleasantly surprised at how much better it is.

Nothing particularly exciting today. Browsed for a new slow cooker, but didn't buy one yet. And I have about 3 litres of chicken bone broth, via stovetop.

I'm still having some sugar cravings. Finished off the last small bits of the pralines today, so the damn things are gone. They are worth it for a very occasional special treat, but not for bringing home a pound of the stuff. I though the boys would eat them up quickly, but I think they forgot about them, so they were left calling my name. Done is done. Aiming for pretty much meat and veg for the upcoming week, with perhaps some sweet potato or parsnip thrown in.

Eats:
    black coffee
    B: 3 eggs with the leftover 5 bacon wrapped chicken liver bites. It worked very well together.
    a pepperoni stick, last of the pralines, pomegranate green tea
    D: beef fajita salad: beef, sauteed peppers/mushrooms/onion, avocado, bit of sharp cheddar & sour cream on a bed of mixed greens. Later a bit of buttered rice.
    some wine.

Son #1 did an "epic mealtime" sort of thing with his buddies tonight. A leftover 1/3 of it is sitting in my fridge, looking nasty. Pile of fast food burgers layered with bacon and cheese. At least they skipped the jack daniels.

I seem to have fully healed from the broth induced thermal injury. And the bone broth turned out rather nice in the end.

A bunch of running around at work today doing admin stuff for my transfer out of the Reserves. I'm now officially back Regular. Which means a 15% pay increase, and with my past time I'll be eligible for my pension in 5-6 years. Nice. This will coincide with when hubby expects to retire from his service.

I saw a new physiotherapist today, as the one I'd been seeing left that clinic. Assessment shows definite improvement in range of motion for the thumb, I do find it better over the last week, but still loose ligaments. I have a few more things to work on at home for stretching and ROM. More stretching as well for the tender knots in the forearm. Next visit she'll remeasure strength, and maybe I'll have the go ahead to start some strengthening work.

I'm feeling more pressured about all I have to get done in the next couple of weeks before I go away for that course. I should be starting my handover tomorrow, which leaves me with even less time, though if she is there to pick up on many of the ongoing projects, I should be able to get the critical stuff done that I can't pass over. An thinking stress levels will remain somewhat high until I'm away and get started on the training.

Working at staying away from the sugar today. Far too much the last couple of weeks.

Eats:
    bulletproof coffee
    cup of chicken bone broth
    green tea
    D: small bison ribeye, roasted cauliflower & parsnips. Still kind of hungry an hour later, so greek yogurt with frozen berries, coconut flakes and a few shards of dark chocolate. That did the trick.
    glass of wine.

I need more sleep. That's not new.

I seem to have fully healed from the broth induced thermal injury.
    Good

Assessment shows definite improvement in range of motion for the thumb, I do find it better over the last week, but still loose ligaments.
    Again, good

I'm feeling more pressured about all I have to get done in the next couple of weeks before I go away for that course.
    Do what you can, and try to let the rest go...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy