Page 136 of 268 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2680

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 136

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Ha, no red for my brace, it's basic black, goes with anything .

A decent couple of days training. I took it easier, but still kind of sore. Foods have been okay. Breakfasts eggs & bacon with coffee, lunch black coffee only, dinners small portions of protein with lots of ho hum veg. Evening snacking of some jerky, nuts & a bit of chocolate with wine. I think we're "dry" while away, so looks like a wine free week ahead. Probably not a bad thing. I should be busy anyway, and maybe get some decent sleeps. The last few nights I've been up a bit later than planned, but whatever.

Heading to Georgia tomorrow. There should be internet access in the rooms, so may be around here and there. Home next weekend.

Having some fun down here in Georgia. Nice to be getting a bit of Vitamin D therapy at 20C rather than below freezing.

Haven't had time to fit in a workout, but lots of walking through the day and some physical tasks ongoing. Foods are pretty marginal, but I'm dong my best. No grains, that's a no brainer at this point. Today's lunch I scraped the processed cheese deli turkey meat off of a bun and salad. Dinner was a BBQ with a burger pattie, some sort of dog, coleslaw and a small bag of potato chips. Ah well. Eventually back to my room for a tin of wild salmon and beef jerkey. And for those who recall my last southern work trips, I've had only 2 pralines thus far, which is pretty good for 4 days. Must remind myself that sugar is not my friend.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you're coping fairly well.

Are you going to bring any pralines home with you
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Heading home tomorrow. It's been a good go, got in some good flying time, and had some fun. But I'm really looking forward to getting home after 2 weeks. Pretty busy, didn't get in any workout time until today, which was a 3 mile walk with half a mile of comfortable slow running in the sunshine. I think it hit over 80F here today, back to sub zero and a winter storm warning at home. Boo.

And yes, I'm bringing home pralines. Some for home and some for work, as it's sort of expected that whenever any of us in the office travel somewhere interesting, something should be brought back. I normally don't, but these are pretty special .

Got home last night, had a late steak dinner with wine and a praline for dessert. There are chocolate pralines...

My legs are pretty dang sore from my little "run" on Friday. Worse today than yesterday. The sort when everything is all stiff when getting out of bed, including the calves. Been quite a while since I'd run in the VFFs. And both hips are tight, been doing a bit of stretching and the foam roller, obviously I need to be doing that a lot more.

I picked up some rather expensive good dark chocolate at the airport in Chicago that I have stashed and haven't even told hubby about...he'd just devour it. I expect it will last me for months. No doubt I'll share once I decide to open some, but it will remain safely hidden away for now . Also splurged on a nice bracelet and earrings for myself.

Son #2 was getting a ride home from his buddy this afternoon, the dad was with them as he has a learner's permit. It was snowy and the streets were not great, he took a corner too fast, hit the curb and may have broken an axle or something. The car was not driveable. Nobody was hurt, but they were a bit shook up.

Today's eats:
    black coffee, 4 eggs scrambled with cheddar & mushrooms
    cup of black tea
    pepperoni stick, a praline, apple with almond butter
    D: pork chop with mushroom cream sauce over white rice & broccoli
    2 vodka sodas.

Had a bit of an upset belly after dinner, so took some extra probiotics. I've been eating higher carb the last 2 weeks, might take a few days to sort out the gi system back to proper primal fare. I suppose I'll still have some more praline while they last, so not likely to be too low carb, but should be relatively clean otherwise.

Tomorrow I start my handover back to the person I've been backfilling her maternity leave for the last year. Then in 8 days, I transfer back to the Regular Force (active duty), with a position in the same office, with the person I'm handing over to as my supervisor. I'm good with that, we'll have a few months transition before the person in the new job is gone, so I'll be doing a lot of the same work in the coming months, I suspect. Regardless, I'll be making more money with the transfer from the Reserves. Is all good.

Back to physio tomorrow as well. I think there are improvements in the thumb, but it is still sore, depending on what I do with it. I banged it on the flight yesterday, and holy crap, did that hurt. Quite annoying.

I suppose I should be heading off to bed.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    Nice to have you back.. I've missed your regular updates.

I understand the broken "axle" hitting the curb adventure as my son did something similar. However, in my son's case, there was no snow/bad weather involved--just trying, and failing, to be a "stunt driver"..

Hey marcadav, thanks for dropping by . Turns out it wasn't a broken axle, but something else connecting that will still end up being an $800 repair. Not nice for them.

Physio says my thumb mobility is better, but as is not unusual, the limiting of use of one area results in issues in another to compensate, so I have radial nerve irritation in my lower arm below the elbow, sort of the beginning of a "tennis elbow" kind of thing. We noted that on my last appt 2 weeks ago, I've been massaging the irritated knots in my arm, but it's probably a bit worse. Couldn't I get a break here already?? So more range of motion stuff for the thumb, and massage for the knots in the arm.

Didn't get to start handover of the job today, she came back to work last week, but is now on 2 weeks sick leave, not sure what's up, hopefully all is okay. At least I'm still there next week, so it will get done in time. Now I can catch up on the stuff that has been going on in the last couple of weeks while I was away, and start on my report of the exercise we participated in while gone. And get started on performance evals. And other stuff.

I ate a lot today. Was hungry, and ate more when I wasn't hungry anymore, seemed to have some "need" to eat. Probably the sugar intake of late. It will get sorted out, just may take a few more days than I was anticipating.

Today's eats:
    B: black coffee
    L: mixed greens, tuna, diced pickle, celery, scallion, green olive, avocado, squeeze of fresh lime. A bit later some macadamia nuts and coconut flakes. And a Pure bar (sort of like a larabar). The latter things were travel leftover bits in my backpack. <note to self - take that crap out of the pack>
    green tea
    D: slow cooker roast beef, buttered sweet potato, sauteed spinach
    a praline. What was I thinking, bringing these home?? Yeah, I know. Odd thought: with pralines around, I'm not interested in my new stash of special dark chocolate .
    Glass of wine.

Up too late yesterday, a whopping 6 hours of sleep for me. Tonight will be better. Everyone is in, and my chores are done. Just trying to get in those Paleo Summit interviews. Jack Kruse sounds more coherent than his writing would indicate.

I should bring my gym stuff with me to work tomorrow.

Not quite as much sleep last night as intended, was a decent hour, but playtime ensued . Probably 6 1/2 hours of sleep.

Made it to the gym at lunch, treadmills were occupied, so ended up with 5 min on the recumbant bike, then 45 on the elliptical with heart rate around 65%. Stretching. Not bad overall. I listened to one of the Paleo Summit interviews while I was there.

Eats:
    black coffee
    L: (post workout) sweet potato, broccoli, roast beef, another Pure bar that was left in my backpack (oops).
    tea
    D: wasn't too hungry. Some chicken wings, not as much as I would normally have.
    vodka soda
    praline. Think I'm still on a sugar high.

I'm thinking about signing up for a rec ultimate frisbee league for the spring. I thought about it last year, but didn't follow through. Might be a good bit of fun, is only once per week for 9 weeks, May and June.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Good to see you back!
    Did you handover the job yet?
    Ultimate frisbee sounds like fun! Once a week isn't bad, are you gonna do it?
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

No handover yet, she's on sick leave until early next week.

As for ultimate, I'm seriously considering it.

So I actually worked the last "official" day of my term job today. I am taking leave the next 2 days as I had to use them up or lose the days, so no brainer there. And then as of Sat, my transfer to the Regular Force happens, so back in on Monday at my real rank (not the "acting while so employed" promoted rank). Hopefully the incumbent will be back and I can handover, as I also have to do the performance evals and wrap up some other deadlined stuff...as I learned today that with my transfer, I am going on a course for 6 weeks away from home...starting in 3 weeks!! I do need to get it done, sort of don't want to have to, but that's how it is. Should be no difficulties with it, it just is the 6 weeks away part that is not so appealing. Hubby's travel schedule isn't bad during that time, so it is probably the best time to have to get it done.

As it is so long, and about 24 hours drive away (in Ontario), I think I'll request the okay to drive there rather than fly and be stuck on base for the duration, even though I'll have to use some leave days for the travel. Son #1 is not impressed, he thought my car would be "his" while I'm gone, haha. Nope. Food may once again be challenging, but maybe I can view it as a time to cut back a bit, focus on getting back to working out and getting good sleep, in the absence of family responsibilities and obligations. Yeah, that could work.