Page 135 of 250 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2494

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 135

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Well, here I am sitting waiting in the Childrens ER with son #1. He had a bad fall on his last run yesterday, injured his right wrist this time. He got home about 2 hours ago, I'm thinking he needs an xray. Sigh. Wasn't expecting to be spending hours of my Sunday like this!! And of course, luck of the day, it's quite busy, boo.

Son #1 sent me a text last evening just before they were leaving Banff - a photo of his hand in a splint with an ice pack. They spent 16 hours overnight on the bus, when I checked it out after picking him up, I decided an xray was in order. In the end, after 5+ hours in the ER, we have a temp cast and a probably distal radius fracture (wrist). Casted for a week and then followup. It was the last run of the 4th day, in the last 30 min on the mountain. Of course, it's his right hand, his dominant. Gee, I think I know how that feels!!

It was a decent weekend, lots of errands done. Friends over for steaks and cards last night. Today was a moderate sleep in, then dealing with the injury and making a late dinner after getting home.

Weight seems to still be stable lately, 144-145, though I'm thinking there are some small changes in composition going on, as in perhaps some slight fat loss. Not that I'm diligent lately at dialing in things, nor is my exercise anything to speak of, but at least maintenance is better than gains. I'll get there.

Another 4 day week coming up, a hellofalot to do, then on the road for 2 weeks. As soon as I get back, I'm handing back over to the gal I've been backfilling for her maternity leave since last Jan. A lot to sort and tidy up this week in preparation.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Son #1 sent me a text last evening just before they were leaving Banff - a photo of his hand in a splint with an ice pack. They spent 16 hours overnight on the bus, when I checked it out after picking him up, I decided an xray was in order. In the end, after 5+ hours in the ER, we have a temp cast and a probably distal radius fracture (wrist). Casted for a week and then followup. It was the last run of the 4th day, in the last 30 min on the mountain. Of course, it's his right hand, his dominant. Gee, I think I know how that feels!!
    That sucks!
    The last run, so close to a perfect (injury free) weekend!
    Snowboard or skis??

Weight seems to still be stable lately, 144-145, though I'm thinking there are some small changes in composition going on, as in perhaps some slight fat loss. Not that I'm diligent lately at dialing in things, nor is my exercise anything to speak of, but at least maintenance is better than gains. I'll get there.
    I agree, it helps to focus on the positive aspect of maintenance when there is no downward movement. I'm NOT strict I barely exercise. I enjoy chocolate, wine, bacon and heavy cream, and I'm NOT gaining!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Snowboard or skis??
    Boarding. They were also required to wear helmets on the mountain, he has now decided he will buy his own, as he did hit the ground good a couple of times but no issue due to the helmet. This is good.

He made out okay in school today, but says "I don't know what to do with myself. I can't work, can't go to the gym, can't drive to hang with my buddies, can't game on the computer (doesn't work well with the cast and discomfort)". He's watching movies. At least this is my more happy go lucky kid. He'll deal with it. He also decided since he can't lift for a while, it may be time to start his "cut" a month earlier than planned and start cutting back on the carbs and the calories. Good thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I agree, it helps to focus on the positive aspect of maintenance when there is no downward movement. I'm NOT strict I barely exercise. I enjoy chocolate, wine, bacon and heavy cream, and I'm NOT gaining!
    True. Maintenance on yummy foods with everything you said plus big ass steaks is quite fine. Although about 12 years ago I lost something like 40 lbs on weight watchers, I was usually hungry, fat paranoid and into heavy cardio. So not where I want to be. And I do look good clothed, and pretty decent in a bikini, or at least I'm not afraid to wear one. So there.

Eats over the weekend remained good, perhaps higher on the amounts here and there, and there was wine and NorCal margaritas, along with almonds. Highlights were the arugula/avocado/walnut/blueberry/raspberry vinaigrette dressing with garlic lemon shrimp on Friday, and friends over for grilled steak with garlic butter, sauteed mushroom & peppers, roasted asparagus & chocolate coconut custard on Saturday. No workouts happened, any LHT was in the realm of groceries and shopping. Sleep, well, okay but could have been more. Hubby was feeling rather under the weather on Sunday after our dinner party, but I was mostly just tired, as we'd been up till nearly 3.

Today I had breakfast instead of lunch, as I woke hungry, so cooked and packed the meal up to eat at my desk. Noshed on some macadamias I'd picked up on the weekend for the upcoming trip but forgot to remove from my purse. Ended up rather carb heavy for dinner, but I did decide to have it, and I did cook it. And enjoyed the lot. It filled me up nicely.

Physio again today, still no particular improvement, she thinks perhaps the radial nerve is also irritated. I should be resting the hand more. And yet, there's still office work, cooking, cleaning, laundry, and so on.

Today's eats:
    B: black coffee, 3 runny eggs over a burger pattie
    green tea, some macadamia nuts
    almonds after work
    D: thick cut pork chop, baked sweet potato with butter, roasted parsnip "fries" (these are really good)
    a cup of buttered white rice - made for the kids, I thoroughly enjoyed 2 half cup servings, one before and one after my meal.
    vodka soda.

I suppose tea should be back on the evening menu this week. Took a miss over the weekend, though I did replenish one of the fruity ones I've been enjoying.

Hellabusy at work, organizing and tying up loose ends before my handover, and I have 2 teleconferences tomorrow, bah. No gym, knew I wouldn't have time to spare during the day, and chose not to later.

Eats:
    B: bulletproof coffee - what the heck, lets try it out again this week. It's tasty, though my butter isn't grassfed.
    cup of turkey/duck bone broth
    L: pork chop. Then more of the stupid macadamia nuts that were still mistakenly in my stupid purse.
    D: salmon cakes topped with sour cream/lemon/dill, broccoli, buttered sweet potato.

Interestingly, despite the heavier carb day with yesterday's dinner, the scale seemed to be a smidge down today. Hmmmm. Refeed kind of thing

Boarding.
    Mine was boarding too.

I suppose tea should be back on the evening menu this week. Took a miss over the weekend, though I did replenish one of the fruity ones I've been enjoying.
    I bought a really fragrant Hibiscus Rosehip at the BulkBarn today.

more of the stupid macadamia nuts that were still mistakenly in my stupid purse.
    I bought a package of those yesterday
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

How annoying. I've been a smidge congested the last day or two. Sneezing a bit. I've attributed it to the new temp office (was a storage closet - poor ventilation and no natural light). But today I woke with more sinus congestion, a bit of a sore and gummy throat. Sneezing and snot running all day, at least it's clear and not that nasty thick yellow crud. Not what I need at all when I'm traveling, and there will be flying involved. I've upped the Vit D, added C, and after searching old blog posts I'm having a cup of hot water with fresh lemon/local wildflower honey with a shot of whiskey. Yes, a good excuse to have both sugar plus booze . Apparently honey is a natural decongestant. I want to stay away from the antihistamines/decongestants that I would normally quickly reach for. Might pick up the ingredients for the creamy turmeric tea tomorrow. Hopefully I'll sort it out quick.

Yesterday's foods:
    bulletproof coffee
    cup of beef/bison bone broth
    2 pork chops
    D: salmon cakes on arugula lightly sauteed in bacon fat, few slices of crumbled bacon. Dilled lemon sour cream on the fish. buttered sweet potato, one square of 85% sea salt dark chocolate with a bit of bacon, OMNOMNOM
    glass of wine

Today:
    bulletproof coffee
    cup of beef/bison bone broth
    D: roasted chicken leg & thigh, buttered sweet potato, roasted asparagus
    lemon/raw honey/whisky "tea" - aka better than neocitron.

The macadamias are still in my purse, untouched the last 2 days. Planning on saving them for the trip. I'm liking the bulletproof coffee, but won't be able to continue that while away, though I am packing coconut oil. And I'm enjoying the sweet potato with dinner. Fills me up, and I'm not snacky later. Interesting. And the scale is still looking promising, but I'm reserving judgement on that just yet.

Ooooh, nice to finally be back. I sadly think I had a bit of withdrawl over the weekend .

The weekend was decent, yesterday flew to Toronto and drove the 2 hours to the base I'm at until Thursday. Doing some training in advance of the Exercise our team will be at in Georgia next week. Unfortunately, the foods available to me at the mess hall are very ho hum, it's difficult to get in enough protein, as they portion the servings, and of course expect you to fill up on the grain and starch crap. I've brought and picked up some snacks, but need to be cautious to not nibble all evening when I've not had proper filling meals through the day. I'll do my best, as much as I can.

Yesterday's eats:
    B: (at home) 4 eggs with 4 slices bacon, coffee
    D: tiny portion of roast turkey, watery cold obviously frozen peas & carrots, green salad, slice of cheese.
    few macadamia nuts, slice of jerky, <reese peanut butter cups>, couple glasses of wine. Pistachios.

Today:
    B: coffee, half a western omelet, 3 slices thin bacon. Decided I really wasn't that hungry.
    L: coffee (not particularly hungry, lunches here are sadly very short on non-glutenized proteins, so IF seemed appropriate)
    D: roast pork, cold frozen mixed veg, sadly overcooked cool spinach buttered, spinach/red onion/strawberry salad, celery & slice of cheese.
    10 macadamia nut halves, bit of jerky, one dark chocolate truffle, <some "organic" potato chips>, bit of wine.

Had a text from son #1 who had a recheck on his wrist injury today. Normally, I'd take him to medical appointments, but hubby had to do. The kid is now sporting a nifty bright red fibreglass cast for his fracture, which he sent me a photo of. Should be on for 2-3 weeks, he can drive when it doesn't cause pain to stick shift. Obviously no work or gym for the duration. Hopefully he'll heal soon.

My thumb and wrist is kind of sore from today's training. I'll have to not overdo it for the next few days. I did manage to finally get the brace I needed for the hand/thumb on Friday, they had to order it in. It helps with limiting the movements that are causing the most discomfort. I also have some radial nerve irritation, so need to be doing some specific range of motion movements, and massaging the knotted areas in the forearm near the elbow.

Oh, and I should be reviewing some study stuff, I'm probably being tested on some stuff on Wednesday. Probably won't catch up much on other journals tonight. Well, maybe look at a few .

PrimalCon New York
    Ooooh, nice to finally be back. I sadly think I had a bit of withdrawl over the weekend .
    me too

My thumb and wrist is kind of sore from today's training. I'll have to not overdo it for the next few days. I did manage to finally get the brace I needed for the hand/thumb on Friday, they had to order it in. It helps with limiting the movements that are causing the most discomfort. I also have some radial nerve irritation, so need to be doing some specific range of motion movements, and massaging the knotted areas in the forearm near the elbow.
    Is your brace red too?
    Hopefully it will help. Sucks that it's still bothering you.

Enjoy Ontario
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy