Page 134 of 272 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2716

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 134

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I agree Em, Lush is an easy place to spend a lot. At one point a few years ago, hubby noted that everytime I went out shopping, I seemed to return with something new from there.

I was hungry a while after yesterday's supper, no doubt as it was the only meal. I ate another pork chop, piece of beef jerky, and I think something else small but reasonable, though I can't remember what! We shared a bottle of bubbles in the hot tub as well.

Slept from 1 till 10 again. Decent.

I managed to kick my sorry ass into action, and went to the gym. Treadmill walk for 55 min (3.5 miles), then 25 bodyweight squats, front and side planks, and a goodly amount of stretching. It felt good, and was fasted aside from black coffee.

I have a 6 lb beef roast in the oven for dinner, using the long time low heat method to get a lovely consistent medium rare doneness. I'd go for rare, personally, but all my guys would protest. Not sure what will accompany, but something will come to me eventually.

Eats:
    black coffee
    3pm: 4 soft boiled eggs, greek yogurt with 5 strawberries, shredded coconut & toasted slivered almonds
    6pm: sirloin roast, mashed cauliflower with boursin, broccoli. Made mashed potato & gravy for the boys but didn't taste any.
    Sort of hungry a few hours later, had an apple with almond butter. Wasn't really what I wanted, it was okay.
    Herbal tea.

I'm in a bit of a mood at present. Got frustrated with one kid around dinnertime, though I'm mostly over that episode now. Hubby got kind of grouchy with all the dishes from dinner (if I cook, he does the dishes). How do you expect a roast dinner with 2 mash and not have lots of pots, pans, and a roaster??? Whatever. Now I'm tired and could use an early bed, but he just decided to turn in now, so I'm stuck waiting up for a call from a kid (who has a dead cell as he left the charger at a friend's place) who is supposed to update me on whether he needs a ride or has one or is sleeping over. I'm annoyed. I thought hubby would be staying up later.

edit: I'm less annoyed. Kid called, had a ride with another parent to a different friend's house for the night, and stopped by home to pick up a game. It's exam week, so no school tomorrow. I reminded him he should be in touch earlier. Sigh. Still a bit grumpy at hubby, it won't carry over to tomorrow. A glass of wine to finish a bottle, once I had the kid sorted out. Bedtime now, which is still a decent hour.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 01-29-2012 at 08:41 PM. Reason: update

A tad over 7 hours of sleep once I crawled in.

No workout today, very busy at work, then physio at the end of the day (to which I was late due to a teleconference) and picking up a kid. At least dinner required no cooking as there were plenty of leftovers from yesterday's roast.

One of the ladies in the office just came back from holiday in Hawaii and brought in a large tin of -get this- DARK CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA ROCA. Yowza. I took some (too many) and then made sure I didn't walk by her desk for the remainder of the day.

Eats:
    630: black coffee
    1130: leftover ribeye steak, cauliflower mash, grilled peppers, mushrooms. <and 4 oops I mean 6 macadamia roca >
    green tea
    6pm: roast beef, last of the cauliflower mash (maybe half a cup).

Getting son #1 ready for his snowboarding trip tonight. Of course, he hasn't packed yet, and has one last online module for one class to complete tonight. I'm on laundry duty, since he didn't bother to get me his stuff to wash over the weekend.

I have a trip for work coming up soon, and will be away for 2 weeks. For the last 10 days, I'm a bit concerned about food, as we'll be billeted at an Air National Guard unit, on an exercise. Mess hall food 2 meals a day and MREs for the third. I suspect I'll be challenged to find enough protein that isn't gluten and horrid oil laden, so I think I'll have to stock up on tins of fish and coconut oil or something. Maybe it will be a decent time for some extended IFing. I'll have to pay attention, as sometimes when on the road, I tend to allow myself to indulge in stuff that I won't touch at home, not grain, but definitely more sugar and carbs, and sometimes alcohol. Some careful pre packing planning will be in order. At least there are small fridges in the rooms, and I will have access to a vehicle for a food run, even if that means the local superwalmart. I also may be away on a course for 6 weeks in the spring, which will mean mess hall food for the duration. Boo.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 01-30-2012 at 05:46 PM. Reason: more thoughts

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    We shared a bottle of bubbles in the hot tub as well.
    nice. I don't know if I'm ready to try bubbles again

One of the ladies in the office just came back from holiday in Hawaii and brought in a large tin of -get this- DARK CHOCOLATE MACADAMIA ROCA. Yowza. I took some (too many) and then made sure I didn't walk by her desk for the remainder of the day.

<and 4 oops I mean 6 macadamia roca >
    I think you showed exceptional restraint
    (as I'm sitting here eating chocolate chips...)

I have a trip for work coming up soon, and will be away for 2 weeks. For the last 10 days, I'm a bit concerned about food, as we'll be billeted at an Air National Guard unit, on an exercise. Mess hall food 2 meals a day and MREs for the third. I suspect I'll be challenged to find enough protein that isn't gluten and horrid oil laden, so I think I'll have to stock up on tins of fish and coconut oil or something. Maybe it will be a decent time for some extended IFing. I'll have to pay attention, as sometimes when on the road, I tend to allow myself to indulge in stuff that I won't touch at home, not grain, but definitely more sugar and carbs, and sometimes alcohol. Some careful pre packing planning will be in order. At least there are small fridges in the rooms, and I will have access to a vehicle for a food run, even if that means the local superwalmart.
    I'm sure you'll do as good as you can. No-one will revoke your primal card if you "mess up".
    Enjoy your time away and try to get son fun time in as well.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I'm sure you'll do as good as you can. No-one will revoke your primal card if you "mess up".
    Enjoy your time away and try to get son fun time in as well.
    Hahaha. Thanks. I'm sure I'll have some fun, and also a bit of stress as I'm leading part of our team, but it should be okay.

I decided to IF today till supper. Woke up hungry (after 7 hours of sleep), but it was mostly gone after some coffee. I did have a cup of turkey bone broth, and a spoonful of coconut oil. Otherwise nada till dinner.

Eats:
    bone broth, sppon of coconut oil
    D: 2 burger patties fried in bacon fat, cheddar, half an avocado, salsa, pickled jalapenos. Roasted asparagus. Pretty much stuffed. Cooking the patties in the bacon fat added a lot of extra flavour and kept them super moist.

I made a dozen "fat guacamole devils" for a potluck brunch at work tomorrow. Cooked bacon to top them with, and had a few bits - maybe a slice or a tad more.

Gym at lunch, walked 50 min, followed by stretching. I've started listening to the Balanced Bites podcasts. I'm nearly done the second episode, it's not bad, but the quality isn't great. Hopefully they improve.

Son #1 is off on his trip, I've told him he needs to send me some photos by text when he gets to the mountains. He'll have a blast. #2 had his last exam for the semester today, so now has the rest of the week off. Hopefully he won't cause me any drama.

I made a dozen "fat guacamole devils" for a potluck brunch at work tomorrow. Cooked bacon to top them with
    Yum! THAT's what I'm "mouth hungry" for! But I have no avocados

Gym at lunch, walked 50 min, followed by stretching. I've started listening to the Balanced Bites podcasts. I'm nearly done the second episode, it's not bad, but the quality isn't great. Hopefully they improve.
    What's it about?
    winencandy goes off to check it out...

Son #1 is off on his trip, I've told him he needs to send me some photos by text when he gets to the mountains. He'll have a blast. #2 had his last exam for the semester today, so now has the rest of the week off. Hopefully he won't cause me any drama.
    #1'll have a great time! #2 will also probably have a great time
    My Daughter's last exam is tomorrow morning.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I dont think i've gone far enough back on my catch up... have you re-hurt your wrist. ow.

Suse - no, this is the same stupid injury from early Dec. Turns out a bunch of ligaments in the thumb are very well sprained. You'd think it would be a lot better by now, but it gets very irritated from daily usage with a good bit of inflammation and pain.

We had the potluck work brunch. Pretty much all grain based or included stuff, lots of sweets. Aside from my guacamole devils, the only edible things for me was fruit, and semi ok - fat free greek yogurt. At one point we were talking about someone who spoke at our last conference, who trekked a couple of years ago to the North Pole, recreating the first successful expedition. Needless to say, he had to eat a hell of a lot of calories just to even come close to energy expended from exertion and keeping warm. He actually ate 1 pound of butter daily, (for energy, he's not primal, but needed the fat and calories), and lost a good bit of weight by the end. Anyway, one of the girls, who is slim and athletic, with lots of cardio and I don't think she lifts heavy things at all, shudders, saying "wow, that would be impossible. I can't even remember the last time I ate butter". She knows I don't eat grains, and I said how refreshing and wonderful has been to add butter back into my food, and the odd time I've ended up tasting margerine I find it tastes like old plastic. The look on her face was quite hilarious. I think she thinks I'm crazy

After the brunch I had to eat my porkchop that I brought in just in case there wasn't enough protein foods. Wise choice. Wasn't really hungry for much of a dinner, had a few bites, and then reading today's blog post and comments, I was inspired to make a quick bowl of soup, which was just the right thing.

Eats:
    black coffee
    brunch: 6 guacamole devil halves, few pieces of pineapple, spoonful of fat free greek yogurt, tsp of nutella (it was nice on the pineapple!)
    pork chop
    <3 macadamia roca. yes, they were back>
    bit of crumbled bacon that was left over from the eggs after work
    D: spread over maybe an hour or a bit more : pepperoni stick, handful of raw almonds, soup with bison & beef bone broth, broccoli, broccoli slaw, roast beef, scallions. 2 more guacamole devil halves.

Cup of tea now. I may throw in some wine later, undecided. Last night did end with a NorCal margarita. And was up late waiting for son #2, so about 6 1/2 hours of sleep or less. Slow start to the day today.

Son #1 sent me a couple of Rocky mountain photos, should get more of an update later. I think it's feeding time out there now.

No gym, had physio after work, more ultrasound and massaging some parts of the ligaments. Still feels about the same.

He actually ate 1 pound of butter daily, (for energy, he's not primal, but needed the fat and calories), and lost a good bit of weight by the end.
    College Son says when they do winter camping the instructors give them hot chocolate with butter added before they go to sleep. I should ask him how much butter they add.

The look on her face was quite hilarious. I think she thinks I'm crazy
    It's fun to mess with their minds

No gym, had physio after work, more ultrasound and massaging some parts of the ligaments. Still feels about the same.
    It will get better.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Busy at work, plus had an immunization today, so mild tenderness in the left deltoid. Tomorrow is a vacation day, one more of the ones I have to use up before my term is done. Yay for a day off.

Tonight I did a full scrub clean of the boys bathroom. Holy mother, it was bad. I normally don't do this one, assigning it on a rotating basis to the boys with the powder room on the main floor, as they are the only ones who use this bathroom. Needless to say, obviously their version of cleaning is woefully inept. It is now scrubbed from top to bottom and disinfected. My bad hand is sore.

Eats:
    black coffee
    one burger pattie with a sprinkle of cheddar and salsa
    cup of turkey bone broth
    pepperoni stick, almonds
    D: chicken breast roasted with skin, sweet potato steamed then browned in coconut oil/ghee, carmelized onion/mushroom/zuchini saute. Very filling.
    Wine
    another pepperoni stick and a few almonds. I'm done now.