Page 133 of 272 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 2718

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 133

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I've managed to get about 7 hours of sleep the last 2 nights. I still woke feeling not rested enough and hit the snooze an extra time this morning. I know that 8 or even more would work so much better for me, but bedtime is still an issue. I'm often running out to pick someone up around 10, or waiting for someone to come home. And if I'm out, I don't feel quite ready to just jump into bed 10 min after driving out in the cold. Need to find a way around all this.
    I wish I had an answer for you. Bedtime and falling asleep never used to be an issue for me. This past week (since I decided to give myself a "wake up" deadline) it's all gone to pot I find I do better if I don't think about it...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    One drink last night turned into 2, and with another 7 hours or so of sleep, I woke sluggish and not ready for the day.

Of course some major disagreements with son #2 didn't help start my day on a good note either. The drive into work I kept telling myself to "let it go". Then a super busy day with a bunch of unexpected things requiring huge amounts of time and attention, when there were other things I needed to get done since I'm not there tomorrow. Needless to say, no time for gym during the day, and once again, not bothered to make time after work either. I ate very little during the day, for lack of preparation on my part, tonight I still feel sluggish and physically tired. Blah.

Eats:
    black coffee
    green tea
    apple with a lot of almond butter
    tsp of coconut oil
    pepperoni stick
    D: ground beef in spicy tomato sauce over spinach & shiritaki noodles. Not bad. Fresh grated parmesan on top. 2 pieces dark chocolate.

Day off tomorrow will start early, exam week starts for the boys, one is off, but needs my car for errands before his snowboard trip, and the other has one exam at 9, so no doubt will want a ride. I'll probably do my errands after dropping him off, so the other can have my car in the afternoon while I do some stuff around the house. Woo, what an exciting sounding day off. Not. Ha, maybe try a positive approach: aim to fit in a workout and a nap! Now that sounds better!!

shiritaki noodles. Not bad.
    I had those once in the states. I've tried to find them around here, but I haven't had any luck.

Enjoy your day off tomorrow! Can son #1 drive son #2 to school and then you could sleep in??
    Exams start tomorrow here too.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

The shiritaki noodles I found in an Asian market in my end of the city. They had about 3 different brands of them. I could see then good in soup or stirfry.

Son #1 drive #2 to school?? I'll be surprised if #1 is awake before 11...he just got home from work and is thinking of going out to hang with a buddy for a bit yet tonight, then tomorrow he works the closing shift at work till 2am. Not gonna happen, but nice thought .

Some wine was consumed last night, which seemed fitting after the somewhat sucky day. And I was up till nearly 1230, for not particular reason. I did sleep well. Up at 730 to get son #2 to his exam.

It was actually fine. I showered and got ready for the day instead of driving him there in a ponytail and jammie bottoms. I visited the butcher shop, grocery, and a specialty market that now carries eggs from the local free range guy who sells at the farmer's market in summertime, by which time the kid was done and ready for pickup. We actually had some decent conversation about him getting a job for summer (he'll be nearly 16 over summer), and some vague thoughts about his future. It was a nice change. Just have to catch him in the right moment, I suppose.

Of course, when we got home around 1130, I had to wake up son #1, as expected.

Laundry is in, let's see how much else I can accomplish today. I picked up some lovely ribeye steaks at the butcher for tonight. Thus far, I've had coffee and a bit of beef jerky (had to stock up for #1 for his road trip to snowboard).

Some wine was consumed last night, which seemed fitting after the somewhat sucky day. And I was up till nearly 1230, for not particular reason. I did sleep well. Up at 730 to get son #2 to his exam.
    glad you slept well.

It was actually fine. I showered and got ready for the day instead of driving him there in a ponytail and jammie bottoms.
    I've done the jammie "run" before

I visited the butcher shop, grocery, and a specialty market that now carries eggs from the local free range guy who sells at the farmer's market in summertime, by which time the kid was done and ready for pickup. We actually had some decent conversation about him getting a job for summer (he'll be nearly 16 over summer), and some vague thoughts about his future. It was a nice change. Just have to catch him in the right moment, I suppose.
    Those are good moments

Of course, when we got home around 1130, I had to wake up son #1, as expected.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Yeah, w&c, those "moments" can be sporadic, but best used wisely. I still don't believe he's on the straight and narrow all the time, and some days are quite horrible, but I also see small changes in the right direction, and am trying my best to be enouraging and not a nagging mom, though at times I question if I'm doing too much to help. The word "enabling" comes to mind. Maybe I just think about it too much.

I was looking forward to a nap, but said son #2 was home playing loud music all afternoon. I puttered, did a few things, and got the laundry caught up. Poked about online, and discovered there's a running store not too far away that carries VFFs. Yes, I have KSOs and sprints (ordered online and the size wasn't quite right, they're a tiny bit long), but I'd be interested in classics or some other sort. I'm probably going to go check it out tomorrow.

Thought again about the nap in the early evening, but then hubby put music on (???) and I decided to just make do and get in a good sleep in tomorrow. Dinner is up soon.

Eats:
    black coffee
    small piece of beef jerky
    3 lindt dark chocolate cherry chili squares
    4 eggs scrambled in ghee with a bit of cheese
    one rum & zevia
    D: will be ribeye, grilled, sauteed mushrooms & peppers, wine.

Working our way through Fringe season 3. I think season 4 is airing currently. What'll we do when we catch up??

Woo, great score on new footware today!! I went to that running store I found online that has VFFs. Tried on several styles, and picked up a pair of Komodo Sports, black with gold swooshes. I like them a lot! Then I went to the mall, and also picked up a pair of Merrel pace gloves in grey & magenta for those times when toe shoes are less desirable. And a sale price underarmor T, and some girly stuff (lush face mask and some makeup). Now I really have to kick my butt back into moving more to put these new shoes to good use.

Slept from almost 1 till after 10. Not bad.

Eats:
    not a lot today, just turned out that way.
    black coffee
    cup of beef bone broth
    nibble of pork chop when I made an early dinner for son #1 before he went to work
    D: large pork chop, oven roasted (with coconut oil) sweet potato cubes & parsnip "fries". Yum.

Last night we had a good sized bowl of strawberries with whipped cream, might do that again tonight.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I lurve Lush products, I always spend a ridiculous amount of money when I go to their store. Lucily there's only the one in the city and I don't go there often. I have a thing for toiletries and my bathroom cabinets are already full!
    Score on the Pace Gloves - they're next on my wishlist as I can't do VFFs. I have weird bent over, short toes and the toe pockets cause my toes to cramp up something shocking. It's a shame I didn't realise this until after I'd shelled out $150 on a pair of Treks!

Woo, great score on new footware today!! I went to that running store I found online that has VFFs. Tried on several styles, and picked up a pair of Komodo Sports, black with gold swooshes. I like them a lot! Then I went to the mall, and also picked up a pair of Merrel pace gloves in grey & magenta for those times when toe shoes are less desirable.
    I have the pace gloves They are so light!
    I like them better than my VFF classics

Slept from almost 1 till after 10. Not bad.
    nice
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy