Page 131 of 275 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 2743

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 131

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I had an evening snack yesterday, as dinner didn't leave me filled up. Copied winencandy's frozen raspberries with whipped cream (with a touch of vanilla, cocoa powder & a couple drops of stevia).

Woot! Today I finally followed through on the plan to move! Lunchtime walk on the treadmill (only decent option with -30C windchills outside) and walked for 55 minutes (3.6 miles) while listening to a Paleo Solution podcast. Haven't done that in a while. After stretching, I did some planks, front and side. Can definitely tell it's been a while. Ah well, it can only get better .

Out this evening to a parent meeting for son #1's upcoming snowboard school trip to Banff. They should have a fantastic time.

I was quite hungry in the first part of the day, quite likely to the impending TOTM. Bah. Hello, bloatiness .

Eats:
    7am: black coffee, half a cup of the beef, mushroom & greens soup (to empty the big container after filling up my lunch portion)
    930am: hungry. greek yogurt with frozen raspberries, shredded coconut. And I ate the larabar from the gym bag.
    1pm: large bowl of the soup. 5 baby dill pickles.
    6pm: ground beef with mushrooms in a sauce of beef broth & cream (to mimic the old trick of adding a tin of cream of mushroom soup) on a bed of broccoli. Very good, thumbs up from my 3 guys. I'll have to remember this one.
    830pm +: fruity winternight herbal tea, now a cup of "oh, canada" rooibos blend with a touch of maple. Yes, slightly sweetened, but just the tiniest bit. I like it.

When I made the mushroom sauce, the heavy cream wasn't thickening as much as I wanted, probably due to the amount of broth in the pan. I added a touch of xanthan gum powder, and it thickened nicely. Must remember that trick, too.

Will aim for the gym to do something again tomorrow. I can't really be lifting much for weights with my right hand yet (will wait to see what physio says when that starts), but surely I can find something to do instead of just sitting on my ass in the office. Every bit helps, and once I get going regularly once again, momentum will grow. And it also helps with the monthly unpleasantness.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I had an evening snack yesterday, as dinner didn't leave me filled up. Copied winencandy's frozen raspberries with whipped cream (with a touch of vanilla, cocoa powder & a couple drops of stevia).
    I usually add vanilla, but I haven't tried cocoa powder yet...I do not have stevia. Does it have the "fake sugar" aftertaste??

Woot! Today I finally followed through on the plan to move! Lunchtime walk on the treadmill (only decent option with -30C windchills outside) and walked for 55 minutes (3.6 miles) while listening to a Paleo Solution podcast. Haven't done that in a while. After stretching, I did some planks, front and side. Can definitely tell it's been a while. Ah well, it can only get better .
    Excellent! I have to start moving again too. Did you do the planks on your forearms?

And I ate the larabar from the gym bag.
    Well, we knew that was going to happen eventually

ground beef with mushrooms in a sauce of beef broth & cream (to mimic the old trick of adding a tin of cream of mushroom soup) on a bed of broccoli. Very good, thumbs up from my 3 guys. I'll have to remember this one.
    I should try this, I still use Cream of Mushroom soup.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Yes to planks on forearms.

As for the larabar, yeah, that was inevitable .

I don't find the liquid stevia has much of an aftertaste at all, but I have noticed it with the powdered stuff.

Hubby had a glass of wine tonight, I stuck with my tea, as planned. Yay, me. I'm rather tired, I suppose my body is surprised at the resumption of activity, so is reacting accordingly. Plus my hand is kind of sore. Off to bed now, read for a bit, then a good night's sleep.

7 1/2 hours of sleep. Nice. No wine. Despite that, I was a bit slow getting out of bed, wanting to sleep more. Ah well. I'd like to think that one day I could be one of those people who regularly get enough sleep to wake up refreshed, energetic and ready to go upon waking. One day. <normally I'd put ellipses here, but maybe sbhikes is watching, heheheh).

I was a bit pissed at hubby this morning. Came downstairs, and saw that he had taken the last of the fresh dates from Christmas. I specifically told him on the weekend that the last ones were mine, since I know damn well he had more than me, and I was looking forward to savoring the last ones. Apparently he "forgot". When I spoke up, he couldn't see my issue, says "well, just buy more", I replied that I didn't plan on buying more, as they were a special "treat" and we didn't need another whole box of them (and of course, they only come in the one pound box). . After work he told me he was pissed at me for going on about the dates this morning, which is when he admitted that he forgot what I had said about them. I know that keeping stuff like that around, which I can ration out (for the most part), means he will just eat them a few at a time until they're all gone. Bugger. I don't want to be hiding stuff, but that's what I have to do with good chocolate, if I want to have a square now and then.

I had my gym bag, but just as I arrived at work, son #2 called that the bus left when he was running 15 m behind it. So I turned around and got him to school, so he'd not miss first period. That was the time I would have used for the gym. Too much to do to come in an hour late plus take gym time. Bah. I suppose I could have done something at home after work, but I was chilled (feeling well into the -30s today) and had tea instead. Tomorrow.

Eats:
    B: black coffee
    L: huge bowl of the last of the beef, mushroom & greens soup. 6 mini dill pickles. <ahem, there was also one large sized vanilla creme filled dark chocolate that someone put out for the office>
    5pm: cup of peach/apricot/almond oolong tea, one pepperoni stick
    D: 4 poached eggs, half an avocado, 3 slices of crumbled bacon on a bed of wilted arugula. Fantastically tasty and I'm still full 2 hours later.
    New tea: "bella coola": apple, hibiscus, rosehip & orange. Very fruity, tart and tasty.

Planning on at least as much sleep as last night .
    Last edited by Greensprout; 01-17-2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: added the saga of the dates.

7 1/2 hours of sleep. Nice. No wine. Despite that, I was a bit slow getting out of bed, wanting to sleep more. Ah well. I'd like to think that one day I could be one of those people who regularly get enough sleep to wake up refreshed, energetic and ready to go upon waking. One day.
    Me TOO! I don't think it will ever happen. You're either a morning person or you are not. I am not.

<normally I'd put ellipses here, but maybe sbhikes is watching, heheheh).
    Hahahahaha...

I don't want to be hiding stuff, but that's what I have to do with good chocolate, if I want to have a square now and then.
    I'm lucky, no one else likes dark chocolate here

Tomorrow.
    Cue "Annie" music...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

DAMN COLD HERE. A nasty reminder that our thus far mild winter was a big tease, hello bitter winds and feel like temps near -40.

Turned out the light after reading till 1105, so should have been on track for close to 7 1/2 hours of sleep. A great plan, but for some reason, though I was tired, I didn't fall asleep until probably after 12, then woke abruptly at least twice for disturbing dreams. No idea what that was all about. Could it be that last cup of rooibos tea with coconut & lavender?? Then woke with a full bladder (thank you, tea) soon after 430, hearing son #1 just on his way to bed. I do believe I've passed on my procrastination tendencies, as he (after working 5 to 10) was up working on a school project that he of course left to the last minute. He had to present the powerpoint to the class today. He got it done, but what a dingbat!!!! Pretty sure I didn't start on sporadic all nighters until university, fueled by diet coke, triple espressos or chocolate covered espresso beans (but not all at once ).

No gym today. Lots going on, plus I have to move office space as ours is being renovated, so I'm into swing space tomorrow. Pain in the ass.

Eats:
    B: black coffee
    L: greek yogurt with frozen raspberries & blueberries with shredded coconut
    5pm: 12 almonds. One square of dark chocolate. Cup of black tea with chocolate, strawberry & rose petals.
    D: slowcooker BBQ pulled pork, sauerkraut, broccoli.
    Rooibos tea blend with chocolate, walnut & banana brewing. Planning to stick to tea once again tonight.

Turned out the light after reading till 1105, so should have been on track for close to 7 1/2 hours of sleep. A great plan, but for some reason, though I was tired, I didn't fall asleep until probably after 12,
    That happened to me last night.

hearing son #1 just on his way to bed. I do believe I've passed on my procrastination tendencies, as he (after working 5 to 10) was up working on a school project that he of course left to the last minute. He had to present the powerpoint to the class today. He got it done, but what a dingbat!!!! Pretty sure I didn't start on sporadic all nighters until university, fueled by diet coke, triple espressos or chocolate covered espresso beans (but not all at once ).
    I think I started in High School...

Planning to stick to tea once again tonight.
    Very good!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Hmmm, well, I did end up having a small martini late in the evening. And a pepperoni stick. And was up late, stayed up till son #1 got home from work as he was later than expected. So, although I slept well, it was just under 6 1/2 hours. Not enough, as I hit the snooze a few times more than was appropriate.

Stressful day at work, I had to move my office into swing space for the duration of renovations, and ended up without my computer hooked up in the new space for some hours, while I had stuff I needed to respond to but couldn't access my personal folders. . And a personnel issue was causing me grief, resulting in my spending a bunch of time which was needed elsewhere. And nearly 2 hours on a teleconference that was far less useful than anticipated.

At least after getting home, I saw a personal email that reduces the immediate stress from another issue. Whew.

Super damn cold again. And will be again tomorrow. No time for gym today, either. I chose to make dinner once some other home stuff was dealt with rather than do something at home.

Eats:
    Black coffee
    L: pulled pork, celery & cheese, dill pickles
    5pm: slice of bacon (can't believe the kids didn't find it in the fridge! my good luck)
    D: ground beef on a bed of lightly sauteed red pepper & broccoli slaw topped with 2 fried eggs.

There will be tea momentarily.

Hmmm, well, I did end up having a small martini late in the evening. And a pepperoni stick.
    It happens

Super damn cold again. And will be again tomorrow. No time for gym today, either. I chose to make dinner once some other home stuff was dealt with rather than do something at home.
    The super cold hasn't hit here yet. I'm not looking forward to it...

5pm: slice of bacon (can't believe the kids didn't find it in the fridge! my good luck)
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Friday:

A bit of ongoing work drama, but less than the previous day. My new swing space workstation is actually not too bad, a good bit quieter than where I was.
    Eats:
    black coffee
    L: small bit of pulled pork, celery & cheese.
    might have been a pepperoni stick or a few almonds after work?
    late dinner, cubed sirloin & sauteed mushrooms
    more wine than was required, or so it felt in the morning.

Some kid drama late in the evening, this time from #1, not the usual suspect kid #2. Hubby of course did his typical react aggressively behaviour, which of course causes the same in the kid, and so on. Not good. This at least cooled off yesterday. Hubby listened to my perspective, and had a long chat with the kid.