Page 130 of 277 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 2763

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 130

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have iced a number of herbal teas. Just brew them stronger before chilling. Tazo's Passion tea is very nice iced, and I've also used green and mint. I think I remember Paleobird iced her rooibos in the summertime. Worth a try. I also acquired a bit of a taste for the nonsweetened brewed iced tea (probably orange pekoe) that you can find in the US, though I haven't had any since my last trip there.

The morning started out strangely nice. Son #2 got up a bit early and easily, unlike most days when it causes me stress trying to prod him out before I have to leave for work so he doesn't miss the bus. He had even made his lunch before he went to bed, too, and was in a pretty good mood. He's kind of like me, being truly not a morning person. So it was good.

Lots of emails to catch up on at work, and sorting out my priorities for the next month or so. Not a bad day.

I reduced the duck bone broth I made on Sunday and froze most of it in ice cube trays, like I did with the bison bone broth a few days ago.

Eats:
    black coffee
    cup of bison bone broth (rather nice with a touch of added himalayan sea salt)
    assorted green teas (ginger, moroccan mint, mohito mint)
    L: BAS: greens, cucumber, scallion, radish, lemon/artichoke vinaigrette, the last of the roast duck.
    D: burger pattie topped with cheddar, 3 slices bacon, 2 fried eggs, half a small avocado
    a serving of the coconut milk chocolate custard (it's really nice, rich, but tasty. a small serving is plenty)
    3 fresh dates, 4 almonds

I'm having tea tonight. A mug of a rooibos blend with banana bits, cocoa peel, walnuts, chocolate drops and coconut. Another of a blend of Hibiscus, apple bits, lemon grass, rose hips, rose petals, orange peels, licorice, cardamom. Both are very nice.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 01-10-2012 at 09:20 PM. Reason: remembered the bone broths

Wow, the journal forum has practically exploded since the new year and particularly with Mark's success in the making challenge. I'm looking forward to having a look through all the participants' stories. I hope they'll all be able to keep on track and meet their goals.

I wasn't totally alcohol free last night...had a tiny nightcap of cognac, the last of a small bottle I'd meant to have on the holidays, but forgot. It was maybe an ounce or so, so just a drop .

Slept well, about 6 1/2 hours, should have been more, but I dallied a bit and read for a while before turning off the light. Looks like tonight won't be too early it seems son #2 can't get a ride home from his friend, so I have to go pick him up. And compared to the +5C weather yesterday, today is COLD with windchills in the -25C range with light blowing snow. Ick. Icy roads, too.

I felt obliged to go on the Wed lunch outing with the coworkers to the mess, but brought my own lunch instead of foraging the salad bar. Win.

Eats:
    black coffee
    cup of bison bone broth
    L: salad of tuna, celery, cucumber, scallion, dill pickles, green olives, avocado, splash of avocado oil, 1 1/2 slices of bacon (all that was left)
    assorted green teas at work
    one mug of black tea after work
    D: slow cooker roast beef, sweet potato "hash browns" and brussel sprouts cooked in duck fat.
    Small coconut chocolate custard.
    more of the apple/hibiscus/lemongrass herbal tea ("winter night" blend)

I'm thinking about bringing my gym stuff to work tomorrow to at least walk at lunchtime.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Tazo's Passion tea is very nice iced, and I've also used green and mint.
    I'll have to try the Passion.

I'm having tea tonight. A mug of a rooibos blend with banana bits, cocoa peel, walnuts, chocolate drops and coconut. Another of a blend of Hibiscus, apple bits, lemon grass, rose hips, rose petals, orange peels, licorice, cardamom. Both are very nice.
    Very good

I wasn't totally alcohol free last night...had a tiny nightcap of cognac, the last of a small bottle I'd meant to have on the holidays, but forgot. It was maybe an ounce or so, so just a drop .
    's OK, it's not like you're doing a Whole 30

And compared to the +5C weather yesterday, today is COLD with windchills in the -25C range with light blowing snow. Ick. Icy roads, too.
    We'll be getting it next. It was still +5 here today.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Last night remained alcohol free...tea was enough. Of course, with the late kid pickup (who inconveniently left me waiting outside for 10 min because his phone was on silent so he didn't see my texts that I was there...) in the rough weather, and some reading, it was another 6 1/2 hour sleep night, but it was a good sleep. Nobody is out tonight, so am aiming for better today.

I did take my workout clothes to work today, but a late meeting and some other pressing issues kept me from the gym. I left the gym bag at my desk for tomorrow.

Eats:
    B: black coffee
    assorted green teas
    L: cup of bison bone broth, decent portion of roast beef, sweet potato, brussel sprouts
    "buttered rum" tea (black tea, coconut flakes, vanilla bean, cornflower petals)
    4 raw almonds, tsp of coconut oil
    D: shredded roast beef warmed in ghee on a bed of mesculin mix, topped with 3 poached eggs and avocado salsa. YUM.
    last tiny serving of coconut chocolate custard
    "forever nuts" tea (apple pieces, almond slices & pieces, cinnamon pieces, beetroot pieces). Tasty.

I had a craving for a larabar today, as I knew there was one stashed in my gym bag...but resisted. Had mint tea instead.

I may have one glass of wine in a while...and I'm okay with that. The past few days have been a big improvement from the past while.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 01-12-2012 at 08:13 PM.

Look at you go with those teas!

"buttered rum" tea (black tea, coconut flakes, vanilla bean, cornflower petals)
    "forever nuts" tea (apple pieces, almond slices & pieces, cinnamon pieces, beetroot pieces). Tasty.
    They sound wonderful

I had a craving for a larabar today, as I knew there was one stashed in my gym bag...but resisted. Had mint tea instead.
    Isn't it funny how our minds work. You wanted it 'cause you knew it was there. Just like yesterday I "remembered" about the Lindt bar...

I may have one glass of wine in a while...and I'm okay with that. The past few days have been a big improvement from the past while.
    Yes they have!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Look at you go with those teas!
    Yeah! Go me

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Isn't it funny how our minds work. You wanted it 'cause you knew it was there. Just like yesterday I "remembered" about the Lindt bar...
    That's exactly it. I was even still full from lunch at the time.

You'll be interested in knowing that I DID NOT have a glass of wine last night. I was full from dinner, and tired, so I went up to bed at 1030, read for half an hour and lights out by 11. That gave me almost 7 1/2 hours of sleep! Unfortunately, I woke after 40 min to a disturbing dream, than once again later on, but woke feeling rather human. Not springing out of bed kind of thing, but pretty good.

I chose to not bring a lunch today. Not really a proper fast, as I did have one cup of duck bone broth (yummy) and some coconut oil after midday. A piece of emmenthal cheese at 430. Dinner will be a bit later, hubby is home, so steak night, nice bottle of wine (yes, but it's now Friday, and I didn't plan to drop it on the weekends at the moment...), and probably some Fringe.

Had the recheck on my hand today. Doc agrees the wrist is good, but the pain and decreased mobility is along the extensor tendons of the thumb, which I obviously did a "good" job on in the fall. Back to physio hopefully next week, he thinks this will help it get back to normal strength and mobility reasonably quickly. Still told no pushups or pullups for now.

Oh, and though I had my gym stuff at work still, I was quite busy and didn't get there once again. I'll make it more of a priority next week. I did successfully once again avoid eating the larabar still tucked safely into a side pocket of the gym bag...

Dinner last night was grilled striploin, grilled asparagus, sauteed mushrooms & peppers. A rum & stevia, wine. 4 fresh dates with 8 almonds. I fell asleep in the tv room around 12, and woke to go up to bed around 1. Was awakened by a text from son #2 at 915 am to pick him up now...friend who's house he stayed at had an early basketball game and he had to go. So off I went, half awake to get him, as he was waiting outside in the cold...pretty sure I've told him I'm not just Mom's taxi service...but whatever.

Had a good chat with my mom this morning. She moved a few months ago back to her hometown, and is really happy with the decision. Her social life is busier than ever; curling, card playing, church activities, and so on. She asked me if we're "still eating that way"...I told her, yeah, this is it, no plans to go back to CW low fat healthy whole grains crap...she knows it's been nearly 2 years for us, and has read the copy of PB I gave her, and has sort of tried it on, but not completely or for long. I offered her a copy of the new 21 day transformation book, she thought that was a good idea, so off in the mail it went this afternoon. She's pretty healthy for 67, but overweight, and I'd like her to be around for a long time to come.

Bunch of errands today, plus grocery shopping. Vaguely thought about getting in a walk or something, but obviously not enough intent behind the thought.

Eats:
    black coffee
    B/L (1200): steak, mushrooms, 3 over easy eggs, avocado salsa. Fabulous.
    at costco, 3pm: piece of jalapeno havarti, piece of brie, beef jerky, cashew rice crisp thing (tiny)
    5pm: pepperoni stick
    very late dinner: scallops, arugula/blueberry/walnut/avocado salad with raspberry vinaigrette (from PB quick and easy meals)...most excellent. 2 rum & zevia, wine.

Movement is in order for tomorrow.

Up very late last night, caught a "second wind" after falling asleep while hubby & I were watching Fringe...now I have to rewatch that episode before we continue, as I'm told it was a very revealing episode, so I need to see it before we see any more. Slept in late, so had about 9 hours or so.

Uneventful day, went out to a bulk store for cloves to make yesterday's MDA recipe, and came home with a couple small bags of fruity herbal teas, which I intend to continue having in the evenings this week in place of wine. These ones smell soooo good .

Eats:
    black coffee
    1230: 3 soft boiled eggs, sauteed peppers, on a bed of the last of the roast beef shredded.
    2 cups of lemon green tea
    one pepperoni stick
    D: big bowl of Mark's beef mushroom soup with greens from yesterday's blog recipe. It was really good, but next time I'd use beef broth rather than water in order to get a richer meaty flavour.
    One rum & zevia. Back to tea tomorrow.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 01-15-2012 at 08:07 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Good luck with the mom conversion.

Up very late last night, caught a "second wind" after falling asleep while hubby & I were watching Fringe...now I have to rewatch that episode before we continue, as I'm told it was a very revealing episode, so I need to see it before we see any more.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy