Page 13 of 264 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 13

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Only trouble with that is that I'd be likely to be sitting on your shoulder saying "go on... have 1..." lol

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    That, plus I do own some rather large wineglasses...

Currently at 26 hrs fasted. Just waiting for ribs to be done in the oven, having with roasted veg (stuff left in the bin) of carrot, parsnips & beets, plus some sauteed rainbow chard with garlic scapes. Smells pretty yummy so far. Black coffee X2, green and herbal tea plus water is all since dinner yesterday. Feeling good, was productive at work, and had a good sleep last night too.

No alcohol last night, and none for today either. Told hubby last night not to offer any before the weekend, as he sat down with a glass of something (at least didn't open any wine!), and he'll remind me if I seem to be doing otherwise.

Big storm just hitting, thunder, lightning (hmmm, is being on laptop the best idea??), threats of hail, high winds and potential funnel clouds. Lovely evening.

well done on the no alcohol front. Clearly I drank your share last night!

Perhaps there's the little korg on your shoulder whispering "come on, just one..." while the grok on the other is taking a nap.

I'm stuffed from my dinner. I find that's pretty normal whatever the first meal after a day long fast is, but within a couple of hours I'm needing more. Still have some berries around, so the decision will be berries with coconut milk, heavy cream or softened creamed coconut. I think I'm leaning toward the latter.

Defrosted the freezer last night, now have to clean it this evening to get it ready for my grass fed meat that is finally coming on the weekend!! 55 lbs of assorted cuts of beef and lamb (entirely grass fed) and pastured pork. So looking forward to it! Came to $4.50 a lb. If it's as good as I am hoping, I have some friends who would be willing to go in on a larger bit (maybe a half a beef?) next time. Thawing some ground bison from the farmers' market for tomorrow's dinner to have with pasta sauce over spaghetti squash and broccoli. Going to have to try out those zucchetti noodles once I get my hands on a large zucc later in the season. Maybe the kids will go for those.

AutumnP is offline Senior Member
    "Pasta" sauce over veggies is so tasty. Spaghetti squash rocks!

Your fasts are inspiring. I can't do anything near 26 hrs, but a few times I've made it to 16 hrs.

Hope you don't get the storm we had in Cowtown yesterday. Golfball sized hail.... lots of dented cars and broken windows. And shredded plants

Tis the same storm system that hit Calgary, though at least at my end of town tonight, just some torrential downpours for a while. Now still low crazy clouds, but the sun came out again for a while. Having a very odd, wet summer so far.

I started doing IF last year before discovering MDA and the PB (Eat Stop Eat style). Had some success with that, but it is so much easier and less of the hungries since eating low carb. I used to carry around some nuts and an apple 'just in case' on IF days, though never 'had' to have them. My aim is to get back to twice weekly 24 hr fasts (the 26 today was only because I was late getting dinner ready, and to be honest, wasn't feeling like I couldn't wait until then) and then I will just eat until satisfied other days, but it's been a while since I've been there. Doesn't work well trying to do an all day IF if having any drinks in the evening. Easiest for me is a good filling dinner, then only water/herbal tea for the evening, bed by a decent hour, and then by the time I get up, it's already 12 hours gone. Daytime goes easy if busy at work, I prefer not to IF on the weekends for a full day, maybe just a meal or so. I think if I can manage to get back to the twice weekly, eat well inbetween, and add back good workouts, I'll see some major progress. Really liked working out near the end of a long fast too, always lots of energy and never an issue about decreased strength when lifting.

B: coffee with cream, 1 chicken thigh, small bit of chicken breast, nectarine
    L: whole red bell pepper halved, stuffed with 1/2 a small avocado and small tin of olive oil packed tuna. A couple of people in the lunchroom exclaimed " that looks SO good". Funny, was just what I happened to grab in a hurry on the way out the door
    D: ground bison cooked in butter, on top of spaghetti squash, broccoli, homemade tomato sauce, and a sprinkle of fresh parmesan.

Finally went to the gym for a short workout. Did about 30 min of squats, bench presses, shoulder presses, inverted rows, and core. Was looking at the stronglifts 5x5 program, looks pretty good. Decided to try just a 'taste' of the exercises as it's been a long time, and especially coming off the back injury. Not sure I'm ready to deadlift, might have to get someone to check form with me. Next week won't be lifting as we'll be away, though I can certainly do some walking and bodyweight stuff. Plan to be back regularly to the gym week after next, once we get home.

Tonight feeling completely exhausted, but mostly the good post using rusty muscles kind of fatigue. Nearly fell asleep over the keyboard. Think that means it's bedtime. Will aim to be up early enough tomorrow to do bacon & eggs, wanted to today, but once again was too friendly with the snooze button. Grabbed the leftover chicken and fruit to eat at work instead. You'd think after a good night's sleep I would have been up easier. Must be trying to catch up on the sleep deficit that I usually run on.

Third alcohol free night, too, so I'm staying on track.

I'm suitably impressed with your alcohol-free-ness! Afraid that wont be me tonight.

AutumnP is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the IF tips. I do find that the crazed blood sugar issues aren't as bad as they used to be going primal.

It's nice to see you active after having a back injury. Gives me hope and inspiration! (I'm on day 10 of no workouts for the same reason and hating every freakin' second of it.)

wtg on being alcohol free for this many days in a row! Are you noticing any benefits?