Page 129 of 249 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2490

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 129

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    When closing the cayenne, I managed to catch a tiny (thank goodness that's all it was) of cayenne dust whoosh right into my left eye...instant burning and watering, but thankfully, it was over pretty quick. My first thought was flushing with water, but I'm lucky it was only a teeny tiny smidge. Not recommended.
    Yikes!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quite busy in the ER today, not insanely crazy like last week, but very steady. A decent day. I was neither vomited on, spat upon, or significantly bled on (nor any other bodily fluids).

I was awakened at 5am by hearing son #1 set the house alarm and tromp up the stairs...and he had taken my car out. I was somewhat surprised at that, needless to say, as he was planning to be in when I went to bed closer to 12 than I had planned. Turns out he asked hubby just before he went to bed at 130 if he could go hang at his buddy's house for a bit (in the neighbourhood), so at least he had permission. Still a bit odd...

Eats:
    black coffee x 3
    greek yogurt with frozen berries & coconut
    green tea
    2 chicken thighs and 5 baby dill pickles.
    Now that I'm home, I have a glass of wine with a dish of lots of cheese, some rice crackers, and 2 pepperoni sticks. A lovely dinner.

We finished season 1 of Fringe last night...on to season 2.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Wow, a day without blood, vomit, saliva, faeces or urine is a good day at work! I don't think I ever managed that!

I was awakened at 5am by hearing son #1 set the house alarm and tromp up the stairs...and he had taken my car out. I was somewhat surprised at that, needless to say, as he was planning to be in when I went to bed closer to 12 than I had planned. Turns out he asked hubby just before he went to bed at 130 if he could go hang at his buddy's house for a bit (in the neighbourhood), so at least he had permission. Still a bit odd...
    Teenage boys have weird hours. The other day College Son was going to bed at 7 am!

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Wow, a day without blood, vomit, saliva, faeces or urine is a good day at work! I don't think I ever managed that!
    eeewww, I don't want to work where either of you do!

Yea, for a "good" day! May you have many more of them!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Well, I didn't actually say there was none of the above excretions near or on me...just that it wasn't an unacceptable amount

Also, the gal at work who was asking me last week what "diet" I was doing asked me again today at the end of her nightshift what that was again...so I pointed her to MDA and paleo...told her that at first I thought the whole ideas was totally out to lunch according to what we've "always known as the RIGHT WAY (CW)", but have become completely convinced otherwise. Maybe a novice convert??
    Last edited by Greensprout; 01-05-2012 at 09:48 PM.

Up late once again (guess I'd better stop that over the weekend in preparation for return to work on Tuesday), so slept just before 2 till after 11.

Hubby and I went out for sushi for lunch. Shared sashimi platter (salmon, yellowfin, tuna, seared tuna, red snapper, butterfish), he got a california roll and spicy salmon roll. I had a few pieces of the roll. It was quite lovely, and filling. I suppose that was brunch.

I have pork chops out for dinner, but am not quite ready for that yet. Probably with some roasted veg.

Today I received by email a letter of offer (finally) for my transfer from the Reserve force back to Regular (active duty). It's a 6 year term of service, which will bring me along with my past service into being eligible for immediate pension, which is a VERY good thing. Plus going back to Regular is a 15% pay increase from Reserve. I have a couple of questions on some details, but it looks good. Of course, I lose my flexibility as a Reservist, but get guaranteed employment and the huge bonus of getting my pension. Things are looking up. Kind of sucks that the process took very nearly a year from when I submitted my paperwork, but at least it seems to have worked out. I'd be taking a position in the same office where I work, supervised by the person whose job I've been filling the mat leave replacement for the past year. And it is very reasonable to expect to stay in that job until hubby gets posted next in likely summer of 2014. I'm relieved, as I had started thinking that I'd have to dust off my resume when my current term ends at the end of Feb, and potentially really screw with my pension stuff.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Congrats GS, that's awesome news. Yeah - getting a pension is a huge bonus.

Well, I didn't actually say there was none of the above excretions near or on me...just that it wasn't an unacceptable amount
    eeewwww

Congrats on your letter of offer!
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

I've been lurking around and reading over the past few days, just haven't felt much like journaling. Mostly quietly hanging around other peoples' journals.

Saturday I roasted my first duck, which turned out very yummy, served alongside a nice salad. I don't remember what I had yesterday before dinner, but that was some excellent beef fajitas (minus the tortilla, of course), inspired by the MDA post for fajita fritatta. I used sirloin with the marinade from the blog, sauteed mushrooms, onion & peppers, topped with a generous dollop of Mark's avocado salsa...you have to make that if you love avocado. It pretty much made the meal, though I used only half a jalapeno instead of a whole one.

Last day off today. I was up too late for no good reason, then up early as planned to get kid off to school. I woke up with something nasty in my eye, I couldn't find it for the life of me, had hubby take a look, with no success. It was painful, and watering something fierce. Eventually, just before I had to leave to drive the kid, it seems to have washed itself out. Weird. And the eye feels fine, so I was rather relieved.

An odd eating day. A bulletproof coffee, which I thought would hold me for hours, but I was hungry. Had an apple with almond butter and a bit of honey (yes, sugar craving...and it was good). Then the last few oz of the fajita beef. Later, 2 pepperoni sticks and a chunk of havarti, and a handful of raw almonds. I was feeling very tired from the late night/early morning, so tried for a nap, but managed to doze only for 40 min or so, not what I was hoping for, but it helped. A few quick errands, some sorting more stuff in my room, then made an early dinner so son #1 could eat before work at 5. 2 burger patties, one with cheddar and the last of the avocado salsa, the other with gouda. A decent sized salad. I also made this: everydaypaleo.com/2011/02/15/chocolate-custard/, which I'd been looking at for Christmas but never quite got there. The tasting as I put it into the fridge to set was nice, but maybe a bit sweeter than I was hoping for, my chocolate on hand was only 72%. Right now I've developed a bit of a belly ache, so may not bother with it tonight, we'll see.

Back to work and routine tomorrow. Hubby's also away for the rest of the week as of tomorrow, so pretty much business as usual. I see the Dr again about my wrist/hand on Friday, I've definitely been doing more than what my limitations state, but life goes on. It is a lot better than 3 weeks ago for sure, but range of motion is still not full, and the pain comes and goes.

I think it's time to simply the foods for a bit, cut way back on the alcohol (the holidays are well over, sweetie), and get moving again. Just because I have a sore hand doesn't mean I can't walk...no real excuses there. And go to bed earlier a lot more often. I received a lovely collection of loose leaf herbal teas in my Christmas stocking, which I've yet to open. I can substitute those for wine, or at least that's my plan.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 01-09-2012 at 05:38 PM. Reason: more foodz

PrimalCon New York
    Weird about your eye. Glad it feels OK now.

I think it's time to simply the foods for a bit, cut way back on the alcohol (the holidays are well over, sweetie), and get moving again. Just because I have a sore hand doesn't mean I can't walk...no real excuses there. And go to bed earlier a lot more often. I received a lovely collection of loose leaf herbal teas in my Christmas stocking, which I've yet to open. I can substitute those for wine, or at least that's my plan.
    I agree. The holidays are long over
    (I only have one dark Toberone triangle left = holidays are over)
    I need to move too, I'm debating doing the 5K in April again...

I find that I need a cold drink to sub for wine. Could you ice the tea??
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy