Page 128 of 261 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 2610

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 128

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I chose to go a very dark chocolate brown with coppery tones. I like it. When I go dark, it really makes my green eyes jump out.
    Photo please!

goat cheese stuffed bacon wrapped fresh dates.
    Yum! I haven't had those in a long time...

2 NorCal margaritas, wine, bottle of bubbles.
    me too! (only a few sips of the bubbly for me!)

and then spend an hour in the hot tub with the bubbly. Some neighbours were setting off fireworks in the park, which we could see from the tub. Just like a private show
    Very Nice!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    I wasn't particularly hungry last evening, so had a smallish bowl of the potato soup for dinner. I also made a batch of pumpkin muffins (with coconut flour from the PB cookbook) and ate 3 with butter later on. A few glasses of wine, and some more episodes of Fringe.

Another good sleep in today, out for some groceries, and general lazing about the house. I was intending on sorting some stuff in the bedroom, but my hand was sore, so I took some meds and put on the hotpack and didn't bother. Deferred to tomorrow.

Eats:
    coffee
    one pumpkin muffin buttered
    a pepperoni stick
    D: meatza. We made it reminiscent of a pizza we had in Italy, where every quarter had a different topping. Base of meat (of course), mozza, tomato sauce, all over mushroom & spinach, then quarters of kalamata olives & havarti, marinated artichokes & aged cheddar, tomato & gouda, sweet peppers & emmenthal. It was damn fine.
    several dark chocolate peppermint candies.

Wine & NorCal vodkas. Several more episodes of Fringe. That show is strangely addicting.

I need to get physically moving again. I was reading today's MDA blog post, it is motivating, but yet I'm feeling hesitant to commit. Why is that? More points to ponder.

Today I'm working on making a dent into the supreme disorganization that is my crap around the bedroom. Clothes, totes, folders of papers, random crap. I'm feeling rather overwhelmed. I cleaned out 3 large dresser drawers, and have a half a trash bag filled with stuff to donate. And that's barely scratching the surface. Why do some of us have this strange need to hang onto stuff?

Last holiday season, hubby wanted to get rid of a shelving unit in the bedroom. I said no, I have a lot of stuff on and in there, and no place else to put it. He gave me a year to sort it out. I'm being told my year is up.... I suppose I'll just need to work at it a bit at a time.

Part of feeling overwhelmed is no doubt related to the late nights and alcohol the last few days. Not so much that I'm hungover or anything that extreme, but a detour into a place which leads to poor quality sleep and lack of motivation the next day. Sigh. And my hand still hurts on and off.

I have one more long ER shift booked, day after tomorrow. Then a few more days off and back to the regular job next Tuesday. I'm not ready yet. But there's a week to get sorted out before I return. I need to kick my own ass. Hard.

meatza. We made it reminiscent of a pizza we had in Italy, where every quarter had a different topping. Base of meat (of course), mozza, tomato sauce, all over mushroom & spinach, then quarters of kalamata olives & havarti, marinated artichokes & aged cheddar, tomato & gouda, sweet peppers & emmenthal. It was damn fine.
    Sounds damn fine

Wine & NorCal vodkas. Several more episodes of Fringe. That show is strangely addicting.
    I don't know this show. I need to investigate it after I post this...

I need to get physically moving again. I was reading today's MDA blog post, it is motivating, but yet I'm feeling hesitant to commit. Why is that? More points to ponder.
    I don't think I'll commit. Why? 'Cause I know how S L O W this works for me...

Today I'm working on making a dent into the supreme disorganization that is my crap around the bedroom. Clothes, totes, folders of papers, random crap. I'm feeling rather overwhelmed. I cleaned out 3 large dresser drawers, and have a half a trash bag filled with stuff to donate. And that's barely scratching the surface. Why do some of us have this strange need to hang onto stuff?
    Idk, I have the same problem...We've lived in the same house for 24 years...imagine my crap...

Last holiday season, hubby wanted to get rid of a shelving unit in the bedroom. I said no, I have a lot of stuff on and in there, and no place else to put it. He gave me a year to sort it out. I'm being told my year is up....
    Time flies when you procrastinate

And my hand still hurts on and off.
    My toenail still wiggles...

I need to kick my own ass. Hard.
    me too
    (but I think I'm in a much better "place" than I was last January...)
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Alright, gave myself a good slap upside the head...today is a new day. And while I was up late again watching Fringe and drinking wine (ha, hubby's thinking we're going a bit nuts on that show...he's been dreaming about being abducted...), I got up at 10 rather than 11, have showered, put on laundry, and have bison bones roasting in the oven for some bone broth. And they're marrow bones, so I get a tasty treat while putting them from the oven into the slow cooker.

Yesterday's foods:
    black coffee
    4 soft boiled eggs, bacon crumbles, perhaps one slice worth
    italian soda (club soda, heavy cream, vanilla extract, 4 drops of stevia
    one pepperoni stick
    3 dark chocolate mint thin things (generic "after 8" type)
    grilled striploin with mushrooms, arugula salad
    wine, 2 rum & zevia cola.
    very late: a few rice crackers with boursin cheese
    Last edited by Greensprout; 01-04-2012 at 10:22 AM. Reason: remembered the soda

And while I was up late again watching Fringe and drinking wine (ha, hubby's thinking we're going a bit nuts on that show...he's been dreaming about being abducted...),
    rofl

I got up at 10 rather than 11, have showered, put on laundry, and have bison bones roasting in the oven for some bone broth. And they're marrow bones, so I get a tasty treat while putting them from the oven into the slow cooker.
    Excellent!
    I got up (and stayed up) at 9 this morning!

italian soda (club soda, heavy cream, vanilla extract, 4 drops of stevia
    I'm sure I've asked this before, but what's the club soda : heavy cream ratio?
    I'm going to try one now - 1/2 : 1/2?
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I'm sure I've asked this before, but what's the club soda : heavy cream ratio?
    I'm going to try one now - 1/2 : 1/2?
    Not exactly sure what it's supposed to be, I've put up to a couple of tablespoons into a full 12 oz can of the club soda. Taste after 1 T, if you want more creaminess, add more. I would think that any other extract would be as good as the vanilla, depending on what sort of flavour you're after.

Not exactly sure what it's supposed to be, I've put up to a couple of tablespoons into a full 12 oz can of the club soda. Taste after 1 T, if you want more creaminess, add more. I would think that any other extract would be as good as the vanilla, depending on what sort of flavour you're after.
    Kinda foams up like a Rootbeer float

1st one: almost 1/2:1/2 ratio, a generous helping of vanilla and no Stevia, so I used a couple drops of pure maple syrup.

Not bad...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Kinda foams up like a Rootbeer float

1st one: almost 1/2:1/2 ratio, a generous helping of vanilla and no Stevia, so I used a couple drops of pure maple syrup.

Not bad...
    Yup. Foamy and kinda nice.

Bison bones are simmering, will leave them there till sometime on Friday. Ventured out to Costco, as son #1 was jonesing for chocolate protein powder (only had vanilla left). Not too busy there today. I also sorted out my sock and underwear drawers...got rid of the mismatched socks, panties with no elastic left, ratty ones, those that don't fit properly, etc. Baby steps.

Foods thus far:
    black coffee
    couple of tsp or so of bison marrow with himalayan sea salt
    few oz of leftover striploin with mushrooms
    granny smith apple with almond butter.

Supper pretty much filled me to the brim, despite it not seeming particularly like a large amount of food. 3 chicken thighs done buffalo style (Franks Red Hot/butter/cayenne), some roasted sweet potato cubes (coconut oil, cinnamon, cayenne), broccoli. And one small white potato wedge (oven fry) made for the boys with a dab of ketchup.

When closing the cayenne, I managed to catch a tiny (thank goodness that's all it was) of cayenne dust whoosh right into my left eye...instant burning and watering, but thankfully, it was over pretty quick. My first thought was flushing with water, but I'm lucky it was only a teeny tiny smidge. Not recommended.

A NorCal margarita, probably can fit in 2 more episodes of Fringe before bedtime. Up at 6(ish) for the 12 hour shift tomorrow. At least being on my feet all day, it sort of counts as kind of slow movement ...