Page 126 of 270 FirstFirst ... 2676116124125126127128136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 2697

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 126

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I'm not convinced that I like this wrist brace...it has a couple of spots that sort of dig into the back of my hand if I position it properly to stabilize the wrist. Guess I'll have to keep fiddling with it to get it confortable(ish).

Didn't get to the bubbles last night, and a bit of wine and decided I didn't need to have another half bottle (cuz of course, once you open the bubbles, you're pretty much committed to finishing it ).
    Of course you have to finish it...and that's when it smacks you!

Last night's dinner was fantastic.
    Your evening sounded wonderful!

Son #1 was supposed to be taking my car today to go on a road trip to go snowboarding an hour and a half away, but 2 of the others bailed at the last minute, as allegedly their parents wouldn't let them go, so my kid and the one other remaining didn't want to go with just the 2 of them, he was very disappointed, had even got up early to go, but went back to bed when it fell through. He just bought himself a snowboard/boots/bindings last week and is anxious to get some practice before he goes on the school ski trip to Banff at the end of Jan. It snowed a bit this afternoon, so I was actually a bit relieved they weren't out there on the highways. It would have been his first 'road trip'...
    Too bad his trip didn't happen, but I understand the "mom relief"
    Ski trip to Banff? Nice!

Enjoy the wine, and Survivor.
    And your upcoming 19 day vacation!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Eats:
    black coffee
    ate my lunch at 10am: tuna/avocado/scallion/dill pickle/olives/mixed greens
    2 chocolates at work
    D: crock pot stew: beef, sweet potato, rutabega, celery root, carrot, onion, garlic, tomato. Turned out very yummy. 3 almond roca candies.

I am planning on going out for stocking stuffers, but have to wait for the kid to come home from the gym with my car. . Well, I could take hubby's car (he was out doing the same but just got back), but I'd prefer my own.

My hand is sore today, mostly the wrist. I took some meds after work, which helped a bit. I had a voicemail from the hospital that they are needing to fill some ER shifts during my work vacation, so I need to call them back tomorrow and book some. I hope my wrist will be okay with that...at least if I wait until next week it should be a bit better. 3 or 4 shifts would be a nice bit of extra cash for post Christmas shopping .

Ah, kid is home, off to shop.

I am planning on going out for stocking stuffers, but have to wait for the kid to come home from the gym with my car. . Well, I could take hubby's car (he was out doing the same but just got back), but I'd prefer my own.
    I have to do this too...yeah, I prefer my Beetle over my Farmer's standard pick-up

My hand is sore today, mostly the wrist. I took some meds after work, which helped a bit. I had a voicemail from the hospital that they are needing to fill some ER shifts during my work vacation, so I need to call them back tomorrow and book some. I hope my wrist will be okay with that...at least if I wait until next week it should be a bit better. 3 or 4 shifts would be a nice bit of extra cash for post Christmas shopping .

Ah, kid is home, off to shop.
    I hope your hand gets better soon
    Extra $ is always nice.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Well that's weird. I had trouble accessing my journal, but finally made it in. Odd.

Odd day at work too. A bit before lunch, just as I had finished warming up my lunch early, there was some sort of electrical problem in the building, so they had to go to auxillary power. Basically, in cubicle land, that means as I'm about as far from the windows as possible, and the few overhead aux powered lights are not particularly close, I was pretty much in darkness. Ate my lunch, and then they pretty much decided it might be some hours before the problem was to be resolved, and obviously no computers, so we got to leave . I had been planning on some shopping at lunch, since they've let us wear regular clothes instead of uniforms this week for a nominal charitable donation, so I got to spend the afternoon picking stuff up. Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Clause.

Eats:
    Black doffee
    L: beef veg stew on top of spinach leaves, dill pickles
    one dark Parisian chocolate brought in by a coworker. Took a second, but it had wafers in it, so I tossed it.
    2 almond rocas
    D: primal hot wings.
    Wine

Last day of work tomorrow.

Well that's weird. I had trouble accessing my journal, but finally made it in. Odd.
    Weird

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Clause.
    Nice

Last day of work tomorrow.
    Even better
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Woo, work is done, and so is my shopping, errands and picking up of foodstuffs. Got a bunch of that stuff done yesterday and the last food bits today. We will have our family Christmas Eve Feast tomorrow, and are bringing dessert to friends for Christmas dinner. I'm also scheduled for 4 12 hour ER shifts, 3 next week and one the week after. Could have had some nightshifts too, but, seriously, why would I do that? I never minded them much, and do sleep decently during the day, but since I don't have to switch my body around to adjust, I don't feel the need. Someday maybe I'll have to do them again, but till then, no thanks. Just had a call asking if I can work nights on the 24th...yeah, I think not, even for stat holiday overtime pay.

Kid #1 was supposed to have a snowboarding trip today...once again, no go. This time, the guy who was driving didn't show up, turns out he slept in way late. Again, the kid was very disappointed. I may let him take my car on one of the days next week that I'm not working.

I've tried out the "bulletproof coffee" for the last 2 days, yesterday with butter, today with my coconut oil/grassfed ghee stuff. Not the 80 grams worth, as is in the recipe, but around 20. It does turn out surprisingly creamy and rich, and pretty tasty. Don't think I'll make it a regular thing, but I'll have it again when it seems right.

Wednesday's eats:
    black coffee
    salad greens, tuna, avocado, dill pickle, olives, scallions
    bacon & eggs
    4 or 5 almond roca, a few almonds.

Yesterday:
    bulletproof coffee
    few almonds
    roast beef, broccoli, sauteed mushrooms & green peppers.
    3 almond roca
    Rum & zevia, wine
    a dish of potato chips with cream cheese dip (oops...but I wanted them, had them, and don't particularly want anymore. That's okay sometimes)

Maybe the extras were TOM related. Fortunately, no raging cramps this month after 2 in a row like that. Some, but quite tolerable.

My hand is sore. I'm probably using it more than I should, and not wearing the stupid brace all the time. I should be resting a bit more, so I don't have issues when I go in for the shift on Tuesday.

Woo, work is done, and so is my shopping, errands and picking up of foodstuffs.
    Excellent!!

Could have had some nightshifts too, but, seriously, why would I do that?

Just had a call asking if I can work nights on the 24th...yeah, I think not, even for stat holiday overtime pay.
    I agree

My hand is sore. I'm probably using it more than I should, and not wearing the stupid brace all the time. I should be resting a bit more, so I don't have issues when I go in for the shift on Tuesday.
    Injuries suck...
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    What is bulletproof coffee? Because I apparently need an excuse to drink more.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    What is bulletproof coffee? Because I apparently need an excuse to drink more.
    There's been a thread about it recently here: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread43406.html

I made a lovely dinner last night with a cream mushroom sauce over sliced pork chops piled on top of kale & spinach. Hubby and I finally had that bottle of anniversary cava too.

Getting prep done for the feast...son #1 commented earlier how Christmassy the house smelled after I cooked up a pound of bacon bits for the caesar salad!! Heheheh.

Thus far today I've had black coffee, 1 chocolate, and an italian soda. Oh, and a few crumbs of bacon just after removing the bits from the pan. Made guacamole, sliced raw veggies, made caesar dressing, bacon bits, a quick trip to the grocery for more cream and limes.

Santa is on the way, according to NORAD: NORAD Santa

Suse is offline Senior Member
    hope your wrist is starting to feel better, it really does suck that it is still giving you so much pain...

and what a bummer about the kids friends letting him down for his ski trips... oh well that I'm afraid is life. He'll have plenty of ski trips ahead.

I cant believe you didnt have the bubbly on your anniversary!!!

merry christmas!