Page 125 of 250 FirstFirst ... 2575115123124125126127135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 2491

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 125

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hopefully in another 36 hours my xrays will be clear and I can ditch the splint. It still seems to be improving.

Nothing eventful today, aside from driving home in light freezing rain...not so nice, but could have been a lot worse. Older kid just took my car to the gym, hopefully he'll heed my warnings to be extra cautious.

Eats:
    black coffee
    L: nearly a repeat of yesterday: tinned salmon, half an avocado, scallions, diced dill pickles plus 3 diced jumbo green olives. Yummy. Such a weird combination, but it really works. The salmon was almost as good as the tuna, and the olives were a good addition.
    D: 5 poached eggs plus 5 strips of bacon.
    3 almonds (ha, that's all that were left!), 1 square of 70% sea salt dark chocolate

My belly has been making very loud digesting (read gurgling) noises after I eat for a couple of weeks now. As in very loud and all over. No particular reason I can think of, but a big increase over previously. Weird. And today I saw that the belly also looks kind of bloated (doesn't really feel like it however), it's still a good week until TOM, so that's likely not the culprit. I dunno.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I'm glad your arm is improving!

5 eggs?!?! wow

The Sea Salt Chocolate is great! Was it the Lindt?
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I'm glad your arm is improving!
    Thanks!

5 eggs?!?! wow
    Not really...if I have eggs for breakfast, it's usually 4. And poached they seem way smaller

The Sea Salt Chocolate is great! Was it the Lindt?
    Way better than Lindt (I think their sea salt choc is only 47%)...a brand called Galerie au Chocolate, Belgian fair trade 72% fleur de sel. Found it in a gourmet type food market. Quite excellent.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    happy anniversary !!! 20 years... wow. I keep telling the fireman he's got 20 years to go... and he always says what about the x we've already done... dont I get time offf for good behaviour

5 eggs AND bacon for dinner.... sheesh, that's a lot. i very rarely have a poached egg nowadays... its just not right without toast for me I'm afraid!

5 poached eggs? Really, that's just a whole 350 calories... As I've recently said, I like food. Tiny meals don't do it for me. Granted, I recall I'm a few inches taller than you, Suse. Whatever. We all have our comfort zone

There were workers around my cubicle at work today, serious restructuring of the office space, and the construction is currently encroaching on our area. Half the day some dude was up on a ladder with waist up into the drop ceiling in the entrance to my cubicle, so I was trapped (thank God their jeans were pulled up so no crack alert)...then later, he was cutting or drilling something, tiny bits of stuff were raining down on my desk, he pops out in a mask and respirator saying "oh, is that getting on you?"...then out of the blue, a pair of vice grips come sailing down from the ceiling, landing right behind my monitor (as I'm trying to meet a deadline and send something off)...holy crap!! "oh, gee, I'm sorry, that never happened before..." says the dude...lets just say I wasn't particularly pleasant in my response.

Hubby and I went out for some gifts for the boys tonight. Picked up a few things. He says my breath still smells foul. Hmmm.

Eats:
    black coffee
    green teas
    L: tuna/avocado/dill pickle mix, a larabar B (found in my travel bag, and because I wanted it )
    D: grass fed ground beef, stir fried mix in ghee of sweet peppers, mushrooms, onions, broccoli slaw with red pepper flakes.
    Wine
    chunk of chorizo

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I eat 5 eggs in a serving too, it's not just you.

I saw a naturopath recently and he was telling me to ensure that I got enough protein. He looked at me and said "a girl with your build, 1 egg is probably not enough, you should probably eat 2."

I lol'd - a lot.
    Last edited by NourishedEm; 12-16-2011 at 02:16 AM.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    There were workers around my cubicle at work today, serious restructuring of the office space, and the construction is currently encroaching on our area. Half the day some dude was up on a ladder with waist up into the drop ceiling in the entrance to my cubicle, so I was trapped (thank God their jeans were pulled up so no crack alert)...then later, he was cutting or drilling something, tiny bits of stuff were raining down on my desk, he pops out in a mask and respirator saying "oh, is that getting on you?"...then out of the blue, a pair of vice grips come sailing down from the ceiling, landing right behind my monitor (as I'm trying to meet a deadline and send something off)...holy crap!! "oh, gee, I'm sorry, that never happened before..." says the dude...lets just say I wasn't particularly pleasant in my response.
    Wow!! That's crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    II saw a naturopath recently and he was telling me to ensure that I got enough protein. He looked at me and said "a girl with your build, 1 egg is probably not enough, you should probably eat 2."

I lol'd - a lot.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    "a girl with your build, 1 egg is probably not enough, you should probably eat 2."
    I lol'd - a lot.
    Woo, 2 whole eggs HAHAHAHA. Now that's really funny

Got xrayed today, and have confirmation from the radiologist that "there is no radiologic evidence of scaphoid (a wrist bone) fracture"...which means it's a bad sprain. The splint is in the trash and I now am sporting a lovely blue neoprene velcro wrist splint, which at least gives my fingers, and more importantly my thumb, a lot more mobility, it's mainly to keep the wrist stable. I'm to remove it a few times daily to do some range of motion, but mostly keep it on till recheck after the holidays.

Today was festive holiday party stuff at work. Had a gift exchange (got the usual WTF gift...), had 2 sips of sickly sweet commercial eggnog plus a couple of milk chocolate quality street chocolates. Then we went to lunch and got to leave around 2pm from there. Did a few errands on the way home.

Eats:
    black coffee
    10am: greek yogurt with raspberries and a sprinkle of shredded coconut
    L: full rack of ribs, small caesar salad, few bites of coleslaw
    costco samples of a bit of havarti cheese & one dark belgian chocolate.

The restaurant we went to is a fave of my office mates...not so much for me. The ribs were tender, but just okay, and I ended up with a belly ache soon after which lasted for hours, just like the last time we went there and I had a bunless burger. Decided I didn't need dinner today, but might have a snack of prociutto/chorizo/cheese later. Had some wine, and we have a bottle of bubbles for the anniversary to have later...though at this point, I"m thinking we might just save it for another day.

After getting home from work/shopping, I took a couple of pain meds as I'd used the wrist a bit more today and it was rather sore...then proceeded to nod off mostly for the better part of 2 hours in an armchair...crazy dreams throughout. That typically happens when I've not been getting enough sleep...no surprise, I suppose.

I'm not convinced that I like this wrist brace...it has a couple of spots that sort of dig into the back of my hand if I position it properly to stabilize the wrist. Guess I'll have to keep fiddling with it to get it confortable(ish).

Didn't get to the bubbles last night, and a bit of wine and decided I didn't need to have another half bottle (cuz of course, once you open the bubbles, you're pretty much committed to finishing it ). I did have the snack I was considering, plus 3 milk chocolates to finish the little pack left on my desk at work yesterday.

Slept 115 till 1030. Housecleaning, then groceries. Having our primal friends over for dinner/drinks/games tonight, so of course, grilled steak is on the menu. Think I'll season it with garlic & rosemary. Lots of veg, mushrooms, then berries & cream with some chocolate for dessert. Should be a fun night. Next week they've invited us over for Christmas dinner, so I won't have to cook one for just the 4 of us. Nice.

Last night's dinner was fantastic. I'd had a few bites of several day old rotisserie chicken only before dinner. Then beef tenderloin steaks, mushrooms, mixed sweet peppers, asparagus. Later on dessert of berries & whipped cream with a bit of dark chocolate, wine, and one small "special" coffee. We were having great fun playing cards and chatting, noted it was 11pm, then the next thing we knew it was 2am and we were calling the cab for our friends. Off to bed at nearly 3 by the time we did cleanup. A fun night. Hubby was really feeling it in the morning (slept till 1030), but I was okay. He'd had a good bit more wine and coffee than me.

Son #1 was supposed to be taking my car today to go on a road trip to go snowboarding an hour and a half away, but 2 of the others bailed at the last minute, as allegedly their parents wouldn't let them go, so my kid and the one other remaining didn't want to go with just the 2 of them, he was very disappointed, had even got up early to go, but went back to bed when it fell through. He just bought himself a snowboard/boots/bindings last week and is anxious to get some practice before he goes on the school ski trip to Banff at the end of Jan. It snowed a bit this afternoon, so I was actually a bit relieved they weren't out there on the highways. It would have been his first 'road trip'...

We went to hubby's boss's open house this afternoon. I nibbled on a number of things and had some wine, including a cup of very sweet mulled wine (german gluvine). Not planning on making dinner, but might snack on something eventually.

Eats:
    B: black coffee, grass fed ground beef topped with 3 over easy eggs cooked in ghee
    3 meatballs, shrimp with coctail sauce, cheese, some 7 layer dip with rice crackers, berries, several pieces of dark chocolate, one gluvine, 2 small red wines, a few nuts.

My wrist is sore this evening, but decided to go for just the heating pad and skip the good meds, sticking to just the antiinflammatories for today. I do find some days that I do need one dose of the good stuff at the end of the day. Since I'm not doing that today, I'll have another glass of wine .

Think I'll settle in and watch the final of Survivor...such an exciting life I lead. And only 3 days of work for me this week, and then I'm on vacation for 19 days...hooray! Not going anywhere, but hopefully will fit in some family activities, if we can convince the kids to join us. If not, it will have to be hubby and I.