Page 124 of 264 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2638

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 124

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Another sleep in day. Weekends are good for that since the boys are no longer playing soccer. Took my car for a proper wash (inside and outside clean), went looking for a few things in some shops that of course, weren't there.

Eats:
    coffee with heavy cream (not as good as I remember...black is just fine for me now)
    mid afternoon: 3 soft boiled eggs, a fuji apple with almond butter
    D: a good one handed effort. Pork tenderloin rubbed with a mix of assorted spices, seared in bacon fat and roasted, baked sweet potato, and garlic broccoli steamed in a pan with cubes of my frozen beef bone broth. Very tasty.
    Wine.

I have a huge mess of chili thrown in the slowcooker for tomorrow. Should feed us for a couple of days.

Ha, I thought using over 2kg of ground beef would make chili for a couple of meals...no so. The of us plus one other teenaged boy each had a large bowl...and all that is left was a smaller serving that hubby quickly grabbed for his lunch. Silly me.

I took off my splint at work for a bit because I needed to get a document done, which was going painfully slow. I was actually rather surprised that my wrist started hurting, so I was a good girl and put it back on. Guess I'd better follow doctor's orders until the xray (well, mostly, anyway). I did get the document done however.

Hubby asked me a couple of days ago if I was eating "enough" carbs, as he says my breath is not so nice. I normally do fall well under 100g of carbs, but not that often under 50, which I always thought was necessary for ketosis. Ketostix haven't changed colour, so I dunno. Yet today I myself noticed a rather unpleasant case of "ass mouth", enough so that I had to grab a stick of sugarfree gum. And if I was in ketosis, wouldn't I be seeing some changes for the good??

We're bottling homemade wine tonight. Hubby has to do most of the work due to my hand, just killing time till there's a step that I can do. I suppose I'll be sampling a bit .

Eats:
    black coffee
    10am: greek yogurt with frozen raspberries, maybe 4 oz of pork tenderloin. Was disappointed I forgot to bring dill pickles.
    lots of green tea
    D: large bowl of chili topped with cheddar, 1/2 a small avocado, scallions, cilantro, sour cream. 3 squares of dark chocolate. I'm still feeling very full, 2 1/2 hours later.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Ha, I thought using over 2kg of ground beef would make chili for a couple of meals...no so. The of us plus one other teenaged boy each had a large bowl...and all that is left was a smaller serving that hubby quickly grabbed for his lunch. Silly me.
    Hehehe

We're bottling homemade wine tonight. Hubby has to do most of the work due to my hand, just killing time till there's a step that I can do. I suppose I'll be sampling a bit .
    It's an important job. Someone has to do it
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    It's an important job. Someone has to do it
    Yes, quality control is rather necessary

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    [QUOTE=Greensprout;650644

[/QUOTE]

I could send you my address--to help with the sampling.. I would only be doing this as an act of solidarity for those of us that are "one handed". : )

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Being in ketosis mean your burning ketones for energy, they can be created from the fat you eat or the fat on your backside. It could be from your backside and still be being replaced by the food you eat as well. Ketosis doesn't necessarily = weight loss.

Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Being in ketosis mean your burning ketones for energy, they can be created from the fat you eat or the fat on your backside. It could be from your backside and still be being replaced by the food you eat as well. Ketosis doesn't necessarily = weight loss.
    True. I recall reading many other people's anecdotes (mostly women) who stayed in ketosis for a long time and didn't lose. I've not been aiming for ketosis in particular, though my produce intake has been low lately, partly due to the knife wielding hand limitations. Regardless, the ass mouth is less today.

Hubby and I found our rings today. Non matching tungsten carbide bands. Nice, simple, heavy weight, and 40% off! In stock too, so no waiting 6 weeks for an order like some of the shops. Mine is a man's band, but I like it. It really was time for new bands, the original was one of those narrow yellow gold plain bands (suited us at the time, as they were cheap!). Our 20th anniversary is on Friday.

Eats:
    black coffee
    L: tin of tuna with half an avocado, squeeze of lime, scallions & chopped dill pickle - very tasty. (got the idea from an old post that popped up yesterday)
    D: chicken breast slow cooked in broth with shallot, garlic, lemon thyme & lemon slices, some sauteed spinach, sweet potato with butter. Made a cream sauce from the broth which didn't thicken as I'd hoped. Tasted okay, but not worth saving. Overall a yummy and filling meal.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Hubby and I found our rings today. Non matching tungsten carbide bands. Nice, simple, heavy weight, and 40% off! In stock too, so no waiting 6 weeks for an order like some of the shops. Mine is a man's band, but I like it. It really was time for new bands, the original was one of those narrow yellow gold plain bands (suited us at the time, as they were cheap!). Our 20th anniversary is on Friday.
    Happy Anniversary!
    The rings sound wonderful...photo??

L: tin of tuna with half an avocado, squeeze of lime, scallions & chopped dill pickle - very tasty. (got the idea from an old post that popped up yesterday)
    a spam? You mean something good came from one of them?
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    The rings do sound great - I second W'n'C's photo request.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! That's a pretty awesome accomplishment.

Thanks gals . 20 years is a long time, despite the many ups and downs, I don't see ever not being in this relationship. We are well suited, though sometimes we forget to remind ourselves that we've got a really good thing going. Granted I'd not recommend anyone today getting married at 23 (he was 2 weeks shy of 25)...but it felt right.

I'll try to get a photo uploaded in the next few days...but you'll have to excuse my lack of manicure . Tried to upload a link to something similar, but it didn't want to work.