Page 123 of 279 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 2786

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 123

  1. #1221
    Greensprout's Avatar
    Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    3,066
    Last night the kid was done by 920, so I got over my annoyance after a brief discussion about keeping me informed. Dingbat.

    Sore today. Got some stronger pain meds for end of day. Work is tough, one handed typing not so good.

    Eats:
    black coffee
    L: 2 pork chops, dill pickles, larabar
    D: wings

    Thats pretty much it for today.

  2. #1222
    Michael7364's Avatar
    Michael7364 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    8
    Sounds like you're doing really well.

    Great on the reduction in cravings! I'm going through some withdraws myself right now. Oh, and sleep- yes- we need sleep!

    Hope your son is okay!


  3. #1223
    winencandy's Avatar
    winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,641
    [QUOTE=Greensprout;644554] Yeah, yeah, self inflicted wounds suck. [/QUOTE

    Yup
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


    Winencandy

  4. #1224
    winencandy's Avatar
    winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Sore today. Got some stronger pain meds for end of day. Work is tough, one handed typing not so good.
    Glad you got some stronger meds.
    I found some strong pain meds leftover from my Daughter's ACL surgery. I haven't taken any yet...I thought about it this morning...
    I'm glad I'm a supply teacher, I can (and did) turn down jobs this week.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


    Winencandy

  5. #1225
    Greensprout's Avatar
    Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I found some strong pain meds leftover from my Daughter's ACL surgery. I haven't taken any yet...I thought about it this morning...
    Yeah, if you need them, great to have, but leave in reserve if you're doing okay without, is my thinking. I'm okay with the antiinflammatory and a dose of the stronger stuff once in the evening, after doing stuff.

    Yesterday's eats:
    black coffee
    L: wings and dill pickles
    D: ground beef with 4 runny yolk eggs, avocado & hot sauce
    glass of wine

    More mobility with less discomfort today when I take the splint off, but still sore and lovely colours of bruising that cover half my palm and extend below the wrist. Definitely less swelling. I started on heat tonight instead of ice, which felt nice (just took it off, so the splint is off and I can type reasonable normally).

    This afternoon we had a holiday ceremony thing, so there was a buffet of finger type foods, mostly fried and breaded, but there were some decent options. I obviously couldn't shake all the hands as is typically part of the ritual, so I resorted to a combination of left hand modified shakes, finger wagging, elbow tapping, and the ever popular with my younger kid - (gentle) knuckle tap...was kind of funny

    Eats:
    black coffee
    cheese, lovely jumbo shrimp, smoked salmon, 3 mussels, 2 questionable sweet meatballs, 2 bits of sausage, few raw red and green sweet pepper slices. Hubby had the cheesecake, I declined the sweets in favour of a black coffee
    D: not hungry. had a pepperoni stick, might have some greek yogurt & fruit.
    glass of wine.

  6. #1226
    Suse's Avatar
    Suse is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    2,579
    well I hope this wrist problem doesnt become uglier... I sprained my wrist falling off a bike when I was a kid and geez that was annoying and painful, so I feel for you. Thankfully (touch wood) no injuries for me of late, other than the crick in my neck.

    How the hell you declined cheesecake is beyond me. Sometimes I read your food log and think you dont eat much???

  7. #1227
    Greensprout's Avatar
    Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    3,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    How the hell you declined cheesecake is beyond me. Sometimes I read your food log and think you dont eat much???
    I was never big on cheesecake. As for the food log...it does not usually reflect quantities...a typical day if I'm not trying deliberately to cut back totals in the range of 1800 to 2000 cal easy. I really like food. Today is not typical at all, for some reason, I'm not particularly hungry. Presently having something like 3/4 to 1 cup (didn't measure) of greek yogurt with frozen blueberries, raspberries, chocolate protein powder, coconut flakes and a few pecan crumbs.

  8. #1228
    winencandy's Avatar
    winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,641
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Yeah, if you need them, great to have, but leave in reserve if you're doing okay without, is my thinking.
    I think I'll save them. I wonder how long they are good for. They are over a year old...

    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    More mobility with less discomfort today when I take the splint off, but still sore and lovely colours of bruising that cover half my palm and extend below the wrist. Definitely less swelling. I started on heat tonight instead of ice, which felt nice (just took it off, so the splint is off and I can type reasonable normally).
    I'm glad it's getting a bit better.
    Bruises can be SO beautiful

    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I obviously couldn't shake all the hands as is typically part of the ritual, so I resorted to a combination of left hand modified shakes, finger wagging, elbow tapping, and the ever popular with my younger kid - (gentle) knuckle tap...was kind of funny
    Hehehehe

    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    How the hell you declined cheesecake is beyond me. .
    +100
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


    Winencandy

  9. #1229
    Greensprout's Avatar
    Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Manitoba, Canada
    Posts
    3,066
    I had some encouraging news yesterday about my application to transfer from the reserves to regular force...as a result of being proactive and contacting a few people with potential influence. We'll see how it goes. I feel a bit less stressed on that front.

    Last night hubby and I headed to the mall to browse replacement wedding bands. We're looking at the tungsten carbide ones. Found some we liked at 2 stores, didn't buy on impulse, but got some great ideas. We had dinner out, and then had to go meet one of hubby's guys at the airport who was just returning from Afghanistan, then gave him a ride home across town, as his wife didn't want to drag the kid out that late. Opened a bottle of wine when we got home (after 11), and ended up rather late, which resulted in a good sleep in till nearly noon. Had a gin & tonic with dinner, was okay, but nothing exciting, full sugar tonic. Didn't taste as sickly sweet as the last time I had this drink with diet tonic.

    Yesterday:
    black coffee
    some coconut oil, green tea, pouch of tuna
    D: tuna tartare, grilled free range chicken topped with goat cheese & crispy sage, broccoli, snow peas & peppers. couple of hubby's sweet potato fries. 1 gin & tonic
    wine

    Today:
    wasn't particularly hungry
    black coffee
    bit of coconut oil
    D: very large grilled sirloin, mushrooms, sauteed sweet peppers. One rum & stevia. Wine. couple of spoonsful of chocolate ice cream with peanut butter swirls & mini peanut butter cups. Meh. Not worth it.

    The had is still sore, mostly the base of the thumb in the palm. The lovely bruising continues, but when I do remove the splint, the mobility does continue to improve. Supposed to keep the damn thing on till xray on Friday morning.

  10. #1230
    winencandy's Avatar
    winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    4,641
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I had some encouraging news yesterday about my application to transfer from the reserves to regular force...as a result of being proactive and contacting a few people with potential influence. We'll see how it goes. I feel a bit less stressed on that front.
    Excellent!
    Less stress is good

    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Opened a bottle of wine when we got home (after 11), and ended up rather late, which resulted in a good sleep in till nearly noon.
    sleep ins = excellent

    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    The had is still sore, mostly the base of the thumb in the palm. The lovely bruising continues, but when I do remove the splint, the mobility does continue to improve. Supposed to keep the damn thing on till xray on Friday morning.
    Hopefully they will give you the OK to remove it then.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield


    Winencandy

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •