Page 122 of 250 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122123124132172222 ... LastLast
Results 1,211 to 1,220 of 2491

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 122

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Managed close to 7 hours of sleep last night, and did some reading pre bedtime.
    Did the pre bedtime reading help?

At 6 when it was ready, both were totally asleep, one on his bed, the other in the "man cave" where the xbox is. Took an an hour and a half for the first to actually appear, and a lot more for the other. Hmmm, what does that tell me (that I didn't already know) about their sleep habits and resulting lack of sleep???
    Teens and their sleep (and lack of)
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    ^
    I'm curious as to the need to edit SPAM

I've had a persistant headache since Monday, waxes and wanes, but has never quite gone away. I used to get this sort of thing fairly regularly, though not lately. Pretty much tension/stress related. Today it got pretty bad, so I left work a few hours early, crawling into bed for 2 hours when I got home. I dozed on and off. It was fairly bad again around dinnertime, but subsided to a dull throb now. Hopefully. I have hubby's Christmas party to go to tomorrow night.

Eats:
    B: black coffee
    cup of bone broth
    L: 2 burger patties topped with spicy middle eastern pickled veg
    D: salmon curry on kale with sweet peppers
    Wine
    one pepperoni stick.

Good news and bad news.

The good news is the headache is gone. The bad...last night after a great time at hubby's Christmas party, I was a bit wobbly after what was apparently too much wine, lost my balance just before bed at home...ending up with what in ER speak would be a FOOSH...fall on outstretched hand. Was pretty sore, so I took some antiinflammatory and went to bed, way late. Awoke today to a LOT of swelling and more pain. Bruising began to appear, and the swelling got worse. I thought I would wait till Monday to get it looked at, but started getting a little concerned that it might actually be fractured...oh yeah, such a graceful dope here. Went into a clinic for xrays. Turns out not a fracture, but a decent bit of ligament damage...wrenched the thumb the wrong way when I landed. So I have a half cast splint, which at least I can take off to ice and shower, but pretty immobilizes my right thumb, hand and wrist. Yes, I'm righthanded. It was not nice putting on mascara and trying to put in a ponytail elastic to go out.

Yeah.

Nice dinner at the party, I partook in roasted potatoes with the chicken, and some hohum cheesecake (not the crust). Obviously lots of wine. Friends came over after for coffee, cheese & procuitto.

Today:
    black coffee
    greek yogurt & frozen blueberries
    slice of procuitto
    steak, mushrooms & salad. Some more wine.

My splint is off at the moment for the ice pack. Typing is actually not as bad as I though it might be. And at least I can still drive my stickshift, even with the splint. I drove myself to and from the clinic. Just had to reach over with the left hand to turn the key and move the parking brake.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    DOH! That's just the kind of klutzy thing I would do after too much booze.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    owwww, poor you! I hope you arent in too much pain. I too am a complete spazzo on too many wines. there's a reason why I have dodgy ankles

I was a bit wobbly after what was apparently too much wine,
    don't ya hate it when that happens

OUCH! Sounds sore

Some more wine.
    Wow! I couldn't even think about wine today
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

It is still sore today, but not as bad. It was better when I took off the splint to shower, do hair & mascara, which is good. Less pain, more mobility, though obviously still pretty limited. Might be interesting to put my hair up neatly into the requisite bun for work in uniform tomorrow... And I managed to make dinner one handed, though sprinkling spices was rather haphazard. Being ambidextrous would be a real asset...haha. The hand is still quite swollen, and some lovely black and blue colours.

As for more wine yesterday, actually, I felt fine, after the initial grogginess when I got up. Surprisingly so. I was up till after 3 when son #1 came home from work, and slept till around 11.

Last night slept 1 till 1030. Was able to manage filling my car up with gas and a trip to Costco. The set of dishes I bought from there last year (of which the boys have broken one small and one large plate) is finally back!! So I picked up another set of a 4 piece place setting. Less than $45.

Eats:
    black coffee
    2 samples of cheese plus one almond roca candy at Costco
    one pepperoni stick
    D: 2 pork chops, salad (arugula, spinach, raspberry vinaigrette).
    2 glasses of wine, 3 squares of baci hazelnut dark chocolate truffle.

Work should be fun tomorrow (NOT) with the splint. And I have a lot of computer work to do.
    I'll have to go into the medical clinic at the base first thing in the morning, as that's required when you have to seek outside medical attention after work hours. Hopefully won't take too long.

The boys think I should make up a good story about "you should see the other girl..." regarding explaining the injury to my colleagues...

The boys think I should make up a good story about "you should see the other girl..." regarding explaining the injury to my colleagues...
    Ha!

Probably be less embarrassing than "wine wobbles"
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Oh, ouch! Ligaments and thumbs and falls - not a good mix! At least you have a decent party story to tell. One of my students broke her wrist doing the limbo in a drunken state, which we all had fun with for months.

My big injury story was when DH and I were going out and he decided to get romantic and carry me to the bedroom. He didn't see the couch in the way . Haven't tried it since!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

PrimalCon New York
    I had to see the Drs at the military clinic today. He (a friend of mine) said that since there was some questionable findings on the xray of one of the wrist bones (scaphoid), that I need to wear the splint for 2 weeks and then re-xray. Seriously, I'm not happy. Work was frustrating, I took off the splint for a bit since I can't really type with it, aside from one handed. Then I got pretty sore. Yeah, yeah, self inflicted wounds suck. So much for yoga or getting back to lifting in the near future.

Had a good lunch out with a rep from a civilian air ambulance company that we contract with from time to time at the Keg steakhouse. It was pretty good.

Eats:
    black coffee
    L: bunless burger with cheddar, avocado & bacon, sweet potato fries with herbed mayo.
    D: few oz of leftover steak that son #1 didn't grab. Dill pickles. 4 pieces of dark chocolate.

I'm annoyed with son #1, he was leaving for the gym with a buddy as I was getting home, and said he was called to work at 6. I thought he'd come home for my car, but seems to have been running late at the gym (I think buddy's mom was working out there at the same time), and he didn't come back, so must have gone straight to work, and I see his bag of work clothes is not here. So I have no idea how late he's working, which could be 10 or 11, and I don't know if he has a ride or needs me to get him. He doesn't keep his phone on him at work, so hasn't got my irate texts. I'm not impressed.