Page 121 of 275 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 2743

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 121

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    So I ate the planned chicken fajita dinner (minus salsa, because I forgot). 6 dark chocolate squares, 3 slices of genoa salami, piece of brie, and a few more pecans. And a glass of wine.

My headache is gone, but more naproxen on board for crampy crap.

Time for bed.

Well this is odd. Hubby's out at a dinner for work, son #1 is out with my car and gave son #2 a ride to a friend's house. So I'm home alone, and carless. Odd indeed. I'm pretty sure that's a first.

I think a long hot shower and maybe a book or a movie is in order.

Yesterday was an IF till dinner. Ribeye steak, mushrooms, bell peppers, sweet potato cubes tossed in oconut oil/ghee with cinnamon & cayenne. A half cup of praline & cream haagen daz. Rum & diet coke, red wine. Bit of irish whiskey for a nightcap. My iPhone counter added all that up to just over 2000 cal...hmmm. A bit much.

Hubby and I had a rather heated disagreement over some stuff just before bed, so I went to bed rather upset. It's better today, but we have a few things to sort out. Of course, in his rather vocal opinion, it seems to be all my fault...which I have an issue with. He doesn't seem to be hearing what I'm saying. Some of which I've said numerous times over many years... It's probably good that he's out tonight.

Today's eats:
    black coffee
    leftover steak & mushrooms
    few pecans
    pepperoni stick
    D: 4 eggs & 6 slices of bacon.

Planning on greek yogurt with chocolate protein powder, frozen with raspberries, and some wine later.

Bah, kind of a blah sort of moody kind of day. Out to some shops and picked up a few things.

Lovely fritatta for brunch, then a number of nibbles, dinner and more nibbles. Too much. Ah well, tomorrow's another day...

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Fights with my SO tend to stuff me up for a few days too. I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks, Em. Still a bit blah today, but not as much.

I really need to pay more attention to my stress and sleep. (yeah, along with calories/macros/exercise, yada yada). I can't change a lot of the stressors in my life right now, but I can work on how I deal with them. Stress and sleep are kind of hand in hand for me, too. Stresses keep me up, get less sleep, less sleep makes me more irritable and subject to responding negatively to the stresses. Funny...once upon a time when I used to work in psychiatry, I used to teach people about dealing with stress and led relaxation therapy sessions...hahahaha. Much easier to help others than myself, it would seem.

Eats:
    B: black coffee
    L: leftover slow cooker roast beef, sauteed broccoli/broccoli slaw/mushrooms
    lots of green tea
    small piece of brie to finish the package
    D: 2 burger patties topped with cheddar, avocado, salsa, salad with arugula, cucumber, red pepper, evoo/raspberry balsamic/acv

Felt like something more post dinner, so I managed a marvelous job at opening a fresh young coconut. Drank 150 ml of the water, and ate some of the tasty, jelly-like flesh. It really hit the spot.

edit: The coconut did a great job at keeping me from wanting a snack this evening. Hubby & I shared some wine, but just a bit.

My arm is a little sore, I finally got my flu shot this afternoon. Shall I take my own advice and head for an early bed?? Sounds like a good idea. Both boys are in, and nothing's going on.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 11-28-2011 at 07:14 PM. Reason: more stuff

Suse is offline Senior Member
    dont you just hate it when you argue just before bed. I'm prone to do that if I've been drinking I have to say. There needs to be a course on how to get men to actually "listen" to what we have to say! grrr.

hope you've had a few early nights and good sleeps.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I really need to pay more attention to my stress and sleep. (yeah, along with calories/macros/exercise, yada yada). I can't change a lot of the stressors in my life right now, but I can work on how I deal with them.
    Yes

Funny...once upon a time when I used to work in psychiatry, I used to teach people about dealing with stress and led relaxation therapy sessions...hahahaha. Much easier to help others than myself, it would seem.

Felt like something more post dinner, so I managed a marvelous job at opening a fresh young coconut. Drank 150 ml of the water, and ate some of the tasty, jelly-like flesh. It really hit the spot.
    Oohh, iLove fresh young coconuts!!!!

Shall I take my own advice and head for an early bed?? Sounds like a good idea. Both boys are in, and nothing's going on.
    Did you go to bed early?????
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

I did pretty good for bedtime. Turned off the laptop and read for a while, then in bed by around 1030. That's early for me. End result around 7.5 hours of sleeping time. It's a start.

Pretty productive day at work, despite a nagging headache that started mid afternoon (working on final proof draft of a new manual...nuff said). Took son #2 to the orthodontist to review everything and make some decisions, or rather have all the information and be able to support the kid's decision. He's adamant about stopping and removing the palate expander, is fully aware of the implications for future, and what his options are for later on. He was disappointed that it couldn't be removed today, but he needs a longer appt, so next week it is. He still has a few things to consider about treatment options before then, but he handled it pretty well.

Eats:
    B: black coffee
    L: BAS of cabbage slaw, cucumber, radish, scallion, celery, avocado, greek yogurt/lemon/dill dressing, roast beef.
    S: (late). sauteed spinach/arugula with half a pound of shrimp, all drizzled with sriracha.
    pepperoni stick. Glass of red.

Stress level moderate today, not bad at all. I'm having an exciting of laundry and tidying. Maybe some reading, then aiming again for a reasonable bedtime (sounds more manageable to say "reasonable" rather than "early" )

h67epipadjlg is offline Junior Member
    Can go for a swim/hot tub after dinner at the lodge, likely to be more play than exercise for today! Tomorrow planning on walking/hiking and lots of outdoorsy stuff. I expect there will certainly be lots of nonprimal foodstuffs about, so may look for what looks like the best "treat". I expect to be into the wine, and will probably have a dessert in there somewhere, but that's okay, as I've really not been straying from primal in the food dept all month. Will be interesting to see how it may or may not affect me, as far as grains and sugars goes.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    ^
    back off spammer.

A non-eventful day. I was obliged to go to the usual work Wednesday lunch at the mess, it's a sandwich bar, so can make due with the meats & veg and soup if it looks okay when I have to, though I normally try to avoid it. The boss likes us to go, so I feel obligated once in a while.

Managed close to 7 hours of sleep last night, and did some reading pre bedtime.

Eats:
    black coffee
    deli turkey, egg salad, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, red onion, pickles, chicken veg soup.
    D: chicken leg & thigh plus extra crispy skin, half a sweet potato & broccoli with butter. Berries with heavy cream.
    some coconut oil through the day, maybe 1 or 1.5 T total.
    2 wine.

Funny, the boys were both here when I got home, told them I was starting dinner. At 6 when it was ready, both were totally asleep, one on his bed, the other in the "man cave" where the xbox is. Took an an hour and a half for the first to actually appear, and a lot more for the other. Hmmm, what does that tell me (that I didn't already know) about their sleep habits and resulting lack of sleep???