Page 120 of 269 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 2684

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 120

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    How was the hot yoga?

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I read through again that long calorie counting thread that has resurfaced. I knew months ago that the idea is what I need, but have been very lacksadasical about actually sticking to it.
    Me too...as much as I love it, I may have to revisit it...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    The hot yoga was great, not sure now why I waited so long to go back. I think it was great for opening up my tight hip, which I've not been stretching enough despite the physiotherapist's orders. The gym where I took over son #2's membership also has some yoga, not the hot stuff, too bad. I'll definitely check it out too as a less pricy alternative. As for the hot yoga, this was my first use of the 20 class pass bought after the trial month. Think I'll aim for once a week, anyway.

Late dinner after post yoga shower. Bit of spinach and a small wild salmon filet cooked on coconut oil/ghee. Tasty, but full of bones (yeah, my fault, I hacked up a whole small wild salmon...no idea what I was doing! Should have cut it into steaks instead. And there was one glass of white left in the open bottle, so I decided to have it. Calories are low for the day, so...

Ah, yes, the calorie counting. I'm going to make a conscious effort at what I started months ago...may not log calories every day, but will pay much closer attention to getting adequate protein, be less liberal with fat, and watch portion sizes overall. Because, really, I only have maybe 15 or so pounds I'd like to see go to be where I think would be fantastic. I've been playing around with the same 5 or so (up. down. down. up. rinse and repeat) for a year or so...

For the record, today is 146 lb (down a couple from last week, not bad since TOM is rapidly approaching). Haven't seem under 145 much other than briefly for quite some time.

I could feel the yoga session today, but not in a bad way. Sitting on my ass all day at work got my hips and hamstrings all tightened up once again, grrr.

B: black coffee
    L: BAS with broccoli & cabbage slaw, radish, cucumber, scallion, greek yogurt/lemon juice/dill dressing, roast beef, 4 small dill pickles
    D: spaghetti squash, ground beef in marinara sauce, fresh parmesan
    bottle of gingerberry kombucha

I was really hungry 2.5 hours after eating my huge in volume lunch (though under 500cal with lots of protein), but managed to not nibble after work until dinner was ready. The pecans were tempting, but did not win today.

I am not opening a new bottle of wine tonight. And not an old one, either, heheheh

I was going to make scotch eggs and sausage patties tonight, but instead watched a PVR'd episode of Terra Nova with hubby and then chatted with my mom for an hour on the phone. She's redoing her will since moving, and wanted to make sure I was okay with being executor and power of attorney for medical stuff if she ever needs someone to make decisions on her behalf. Not nice to think about, but good to be prepared, and I agree that it makes more sense for me to do this instead of my brother. She's only 67, and in pretty good health, so I don't expect to have to be concerned with this for a very long time.

Flaura is offline Senior Member
    The hot yoga was great, not sure now why I waited so long to go back. I think it was great for opening up my tight hip, which I've not been stretching enough despite the physiotherapist's orders. The gym where I took over son #2's membership also has some yoga, not the hot stuff, too bad. I'll definitely check it out too as a less pricy alternative. As for the hot yoga, this was my first use of the 20 class pass bought after the trial month. Think I'll aim for once a week, anyway.

Ah, yes, the calorie counting. I'm going to make a conscious effort at what I started months ago...may not log calories every day, but will pay much closer attention to getting adequate protein, be less liberal with fat, and watch portion sizes overall. Because, really, I only have maybe 15 or so pounds I'd like to see go to be where I think would be fantastic. I've been playing around with the same 5 or so (up. down. down. up. rinse and repeat) for a year or so...

For the record, today is 146 lb (down a couple from last week, not bad since TOM is rapidly approaching). Haven't seem under 145 much other than briefly for quite some time.
    Yay for hot yoga!

Just had to say "Jinx" cause I think we posted almost the same thing. I am also counting my calories looking to ramp up the protein a bit. I also have about 15 lbs to lose and I also just weighed in around 146....good luck with this and if you find the miracle cure be sure and let the rest of us know, okay?
    (field) journal
    primal start-weight (3/11): 154
    current weight (8/25/2012): 141

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    I think the reason the leptin reset works is because it naturally leads to a reduction in calories. No snacking and 3 set meal times means that you tend to eat a lot less. Don't tell the Kruse-a-philes that it's that simple though!

No matter what you're eating, what your macros are and what time of the day you eat - if you consume more than you burn then you won't lose weight. I really do think that's what it comes down to. Low carb is easier to stick to than low-fat because of the satiety factor of protein and fat. However both diets would work if one could stick to them at a calorie deficit!

Anyway, good luck with your experiment.

I was kind of hungry this evening...(reminds me of "The Very Hungry Caterpiller" book that I used to read to my boys when they were tiny and manageable, haha). I ate another few slices of roast beef and caved on a dry martini with 2 olives. Quite nice.

Numbers for today (including the martini):
    Cal 1439
    Fat 56
    Carb 65
    Prot 133

Not bad.

Flaura; I'll keep you posted. I'm convinced this is the way to go, it's just a matter of actually doing it. Funny, 6 months before primal, I was simply watching what I ate in CW style (being a former WW patron, once upon a time), and did a 3 month heavy duty bodyweight exercise program. Ended up super toned and at 133 lbs for a brief time just before going on a holiday cruise, then deployed for 6 weeks, and was sitting just under 140 when I started on Primal. It seems I got wholeheartedly onto the happy fat eating train for far too long. I know from experience that I do better when I bother to workout on a regular basis. I tend to go on fits and spurts on that.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 11-22-2011 at 08:13 PM.

Eats:
    L: last of the roast beef, sauerkraut, dill pickles (I've been having a real taste for sour lately, weird.)
    D: 2 scotch eggs, grape tomatoes

Lunch filled me up, but I had some intense belly gurgles for a couple of hours afterwards...good thing I was at my desk an not in a meeting.

More crampy today, along with a headache starting after work, as I uneagerly await TOM to start. I had intended on trying the yoga class at the gym tonight, but with some kid irritation, making the scotch eggs, and the headache, I bailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaura View Post
    Just had to say "Jinx" cause I think we posted almost the same thing. I am also counting my calories looking to ramp up the protein a bit. I also have about 15 lbs to lose and I also just weighed in around 146....good luck with this and if you find the miracle cure be sure and let the rest of us know, okay?
    Same here, I need to lose 15+ pounds as well.
    It it time to get serious??

I was kind of hungry this evening...(reminds me of "The Very Hungry Caterpiller" book that I used to read to my boys when they were tiny and manageable, haha).
    I'd forgotten about that book
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Same here, I need to lose 15+ pounds as well.
    It it time to get serious??
    I'm thinking so...

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    I'd forgotten about that book
    That was the first book that my oldest actually picked up and read back to me...though it was probably just memorization from hearing it every day, since he was something like 4 or 5 at the time. Wow, those days were so long ago...

Major cramps today, hello TOM, you suck. Headache too.

I ran out to take son #1 for a Dr appt for a rash that he's had for months, and is getting worse. I tried OTC hydrocortisone and then antifungal creams. Turns out (as I had pondered at one point) that it's ringworm, which is just a simple fungal infection. Got a high test antifungal prescription cream for a surprising $32...should do the trick. Poked about Walmart this evening waiting for it to be filled, and bought some chocolate, since it's TOM, after all. Not that I don't have any around, but it's good to have variety. What I really feel like is potato chips, but I have none and didn't buy any. Small victory??

I made chicken fajita stuff for dinner, nibbled a few veg and tiny bites of chicken while finishing it, but really didn't feel llike dinner. Sort of hungry, but not really what I was feeling like. I'll still probably have some in a bit. I decided on an adult beverage instead as self medication. Yeah, I'm bad, dammit.

Eats:
    several cups green and mint tea
    L: one scotch egg and one pork sausage pattie, 5 small dill pickles. A "jocolat" organic chocolate lara bar picked up at O'Hare airport a few weeks ago.
    some pecans
    D: probably some fajita seasoned chicken breast, mushrooms/peppers/onion with avocado and salsa...maybe. I feel like bacon & eggs, but am too lazy to make that at 8pm. A NorCal margarita. Maybe I'll freeze some greek yogurt with chocolate protein powder and blueberries instead. Dunno.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 11-24-2011 at 06:10 PM. Reason: forgot the damnable nuts

I hope your son's rash clears up

What I really feel like is potato chips, but I have none and didn't buy any. Small victory??
    Big victory!

Maybe I'll freeze some greek yogurt with chocolate protein powder and blueberries instead. Dunno.
    I should try this.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy