Page 12 of 250 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 12

Greensprout is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    B: coffee with cream, spoonful of coconut oil
    L: hardboiled egg, small tin of tuna in olive oil, last slice of choc/blueberry clafouti with heavy cream. Have to make that again for sure.
    S: few macadamia nuts
    D: BLCT salad: romaine dressed with evoo/balsamic/apple cider vinegar/grainy dijon/fresh lemon thyme, tomato, 1/2 small avocado, baked chicken breast with crispy skin (smeared in bacon fat before cooking) topped with 3 slices crumbled bacon. Very filling and yummy.

Up later than I wanted again yesterday, hard to get right to bed when getting home from a soccer game after 930. Ended up eating the entire small bag of pork rinds too, more than I planned, but I enjoyed every crumb. Still can't believe that no one else in my house likes them, ???

Nothing much else to say today, nothing bad, nothing outstanding. Need to get booking flights to Montreal for trip in 2 weeks, as son #2 will be playing soccer at the National championship, so we'll go and stay with MIL as the team travels and stays together apart from family. Should be a lot of fun.
    Last edited by Greensprout; 07-06-2010 at 06:33 PM. Reason: forgot about the nuts after work

Todays eats:
    B: coffee with cream, steak & eggs in butter. Lovely way to start the day!
    L: greek salad. Had an inservice by a pharmeceutical rep who brought food from a local Greek deli that is all homemade stuff. Think there was either odd oils or sugar in the dressing, as I felt a bit fuzzy for a bit and then overly sleepy for a while in the afternoon. At least I skipped on the lasagne & pastries (even the baklava)
    D: meatza. ground beef base topped with mozza, organic tomato sauce, green pepper, mushrooms, zucchini, strawberry tomatoes. Nibbled on the mozza while I was prepping.
    S: spoon of coconut oil, spoon of creamed coconut. And yes, a big rum & diet coke.

"Graduated" from physiotherapy today. Tried out brisk walk and a slow run on the treadmill, and some lifting; few sets of lat pulldowns, seated rows, leg presses and assisted dips. No pain, though felt it a bit more in the low back on the dips and rows. Given the blessing to resume lifting, lower weights with more reps and lots of core until feeling stronger and no discomfort, plus walking/running/sprints. No deadlifts for now (have only done them on and off, and not for a while anyway). Bodyweight stuff is okay too. Now I just have to come up with a new workout plan that I can schedule and stick to. It's really been months since I've been regular in workouts. Minimal since the cyst excision in late April, and even less since the back muscle strain at the end of May. Mar & Apr were inconsistant, flipping between ideas, Feb-Mar deployed in Haiti, so only some running/sprints and core stuff. I know from past experience that the lifting is really the key for me for changing my shape to where I want to be. Once I sort out a plan, I think it will consist of 2-3 days lifting, mainly compound exercises in a full body workout, 1-2 HIIT/sprint days, and some walking weekly. Once I have a plan, I can schedule it in and do it during my workday M to F, which is cool. Lunchtime is great for that, especially if I choose not to be eating midday, so no time wasted. Done it before, time to kick myself in the backside and do it again. No good excuses needed.

Actually felt kind of sore later in the day after physio, so had to take an anti-inflammatory. Moved my old office chair to my new office (was moved positions recently), so now have my obus form backrest back, which also felt better. Do sit less and stand more in the new position, which is good. Less flexibility in my daily work as I now am seeing booked patients, but I like the clinical work more than the desk stuff. Lots of stuff to learn and review, so good place to be working on primal law #10 (use your brain).

Ended a 19 hour IF with dinner. Couple of cups black coffee in the am then water during the day.
    Dinner was a kitchen sink BAS: cleaning out the veggie drawer and other miscellaneous containers of leftovers in the fridge. Spinach, red onion, zucchini, celery, cucumber, raspberry balsamic vinagrette, sprinkle of goat cheese, few pine nuts, end of the steak. Found the leftover steak that I'd saved the other day for son#2...showed him and he said he really doesn't like leftover steak. I was rather dumbfounded. Who's kid is that??? My response to him was "are you insane?". He plainly has only half of my genetic material.

Nothing for activity aside from work, kitchen stuff, and taxiing son #1 to practice while navigating through massive road construction areas to a part of the city I'm not too familiar with. Counts for using my brain??

Would normally want a snack, but am still pretty full from dinner over 3 hours ago. Feel kind of bloaty, actually, probably from all the raw veggies added to a fasting belly. Was thinking about something sweet, oh yes, forgot to add I had 12 cherries after supper, maybe they are leaving me wanting more sweetness. Had a spoonful of coconut oil instead.

Booked the flights for the trip to Montreal. Will be staying with MIL. Don't think eating will be a big issue there, we discussed PB a bit with her and she thought it sounds not too bad. Not sure about lots of fats as she's cut back since having a heart attack about 8 years ago (in her 50s), but I can always get butter or coconut oil if I need to.

Had a luncheon for a friend today from work at a very nice restaurant. Planned ahead and skipped breakfast beforehand.

B: coffee with cream, one spoon of coconut oil
    L: creamy broccoli soup (no flour, +real cream), 8 oz prime rib with cabernet au jus, hold the mashed tato & yorkshire pudding, got extra buttered asparagus. Very nice, yummy, and filling
    S: coffee with cream
    D: hot wings, bit of raw cucumber & pea pods. 2 light beer (seemed to go with the wings).

Can't believe hubby left half of the meat on his wings...still squeamish about 'veins' and other bits. So after eating my 5 full wings, I nibbled the rest of his and must have had the equivalent of at least 2 more...<shaking head>. He's okay with just the drumette part, but not the rest.

Planned to do some weeding and then a jump in the pool after work, but son #2 needed a new pair of cleats and shoes to travel with his team to the nationals, so by the time we got back my 'window' had passed, was time to get rolling on making dinner for everyone, now it's a bit cooler and I'm not really interested. Tomorrow off early to farmers' market for eggs and whatever else looks good, then off for 8 hours in the ER (don't start until 1130). Probably will have late breakfast before work and then not eat again until I get home after 8pm. Usually easy to do there, can just grab a coffee or tea if I need something more than water.

Errands before work, eggs/tomatoes/lettuce at farmers' market, few bits at the grocery, walmart <sigh> for stuff for the kids.

Crazy busy day at work, good thing I wasn't planning on eating until getting home, as I got only one break out of the three. Lots of moving around and on my feet, so now tired dogs are resting. Back held out okay, felt it a bit with leaning over beds until correcting posture and bed height.

B: coffee with cream, 2 double yolk eggs in butter & cream, bit of coconut oil
    S: some macadamia nuts (maybe 1/4 cup?), coffee with cream
    D: after work, one beef burger pattie topped with cheddar, avocado, tomato and salsa. Going to share a bottle of wine with hubby shortly.

Thing I need to at least go for a good long walk tomorrow, maybe try slipping in some sprints into the mix. Core work would be a good idea too. Feeling soft around the edges lately, it really has been a while since I regularly did strength training. Was getting really lean and with some good upper body definition some months ago, before stopping the workouts due initially to the cyst excision in late April, and then the back pain in late May. Not so much now. Time to get off my ass and move more again.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    but its so easy to not do a workout or exercise isnt it... the wine has a lovely calling....

Last night ended up eating a bag of pork rinds, not intended to eat the whole thing, but they are just so tasty! Wasn't even really hungry, just in a mood to snack, probably due to the wine earlier. At least they were a primal snack. Regardless, I think I'm letting total calories creep up a bit much, though I've not been tracking for some time. Might do so for a few days just to see where things are.

Today's eats:
    B: coffee with cream
    S: small snacks, no real meal till dinner. Had a few walnuts & pecans, small serving blueberries with coconut milk, 2 tiny bits of watermelon. A bit (maybe close to 1/4 cup) of dessicated coconut.
    D: made SOG BBQ sauce...holy batman, that's awesome. And totally primal. Grilled up a ton of chicken parts (total of 3 whole small chickens). Ate 3 thighs and one wing. Creamed kale...another amazing find. Even the kids liked it, especially the younger, who ate his small portion and then proceeded to steal a healthy bit from my plate. Couple bites of carrot with butter & dill. Had one beer and a glass of cabernet in late afternoon and with dinner. Very satisfied now, if I have anything else, it will be fresh blueberries & strawberries with either cream or coconut milk, as I bought a bunch of both today.

Didn't get out walking, but did do an hour of weeding. Time got away from me and there was only room to do one, so chose the productive option. I've not been too productive around home lately, aside from in the kitchen. Some days I think I'm spending a bit too much time in the evening on the computer (damn MDA blog and forums, haha) rather than getting stuff done. Think some prioritization is in order. Hubby gets grumbly when he ends up doing more household chores than me, which certainly does happen often enough. Domestic engineering was never my forte, but I am a really good cook and like to get creative in the kitchen.

Got a good bit of sunshine in, with a soccer game to watch in the morning, and then the weeding before dinner. Took 4K vit D rather than my usual 5K. I also am taking a multivit and omega 3 fish oils daily.

B: coffee with cream, smoothie with 1/2 cup coconut milk, coconut oil, 4 strawberries, 1/3 cup blueberries, spinach, chocolate protein powder. Drank half.
    L: other half of the smoothie
    S: tsp coconut oil. Later last of the macadamia nuts, maybe around 1/4 cup
    D: BAS (romaine & red leaf lettuce, cucumber, tomato, sprinkle of goat cheese, evoo/raspberry balsamic/dijon/fresh lemon thyme dressing) with one SOG chicken thigh and 1/2 chicken breast.
    Might add berries with coconut or cream, don't want them to go bad before they get eaten, but am still sated from dinner right now.

Plugged the foods into fitday to see where I'm at. Sitting around 1900-ish calories, F/P/C 66/26/8%. Carbs under 50g. Probably a good place to be, as long as I don't add the alcohol calories on top of that, which is what I've been doing. I'm really not one to overly scrutinize the macros, but good to have a reality check here and there. Put in yesterday's foods too, looked pretty good until adding the drinks, which of course ends up skewing the ratios. Aiming for no alcohol before the weekend, and see what happens by the end of the week.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Good luck on the no alcohol plan. I shall watch your week with interest.

Hahaha. You can be the little voice of reason sitting on my shoulder. If I'm tempted, I'll just remember Suse is watching...