Page 119 of 249 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 2490

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 119

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    Is it just me, or am I sensing a theme here? heheheh
    Perhaps it's working, cuz I feel just fine .
    Excellent!

It's supposed to snow tonight. There's a skiff on the ground now, but over the next few days there might be 5+ cm...
    Nooooooooo!!!!!!
    Not yet
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    It's going to be over 90*F here next week - just sayin...

Patrick is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    We so hate you, Em, but in a loving way.
    "Oh, you wanted answers...yeah, sorry, I'm not so good with those. Uh, probably something to do with science or something..." -- canio6

August 2010: 207 lb, 37" waist, 25+% BF | Currently: 177 lb, 33" waist, ~15% BF

Sometimes blogging as The Primal Mind. (My unorthodox and filthy-mouthed journal is semi-retired at this point)

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    We so hate you, Em, but in a loving way.
    No kidding Patrick!! That's just cruel!

Took me a good hour to get home from work with the fresh snow falling, a trip that should take 30 min that time of day. Something like 5 or 6 cm on the ground today.

Awoke to temps of -15C with windchill value of -25...I'm SO not ready for winter

Friday:
    IF until dinner. Hubby got home from his latest work trip, we had a late dinner of the usual Friday fare - grilled striploin, mushrooms and asparagus with a lovely bottle of valpollicello. 2 rum & zevia, a bit of praline & cream haagen daz.

9 hours of sleep. When I was up and having coffee, I ignored a call for a shift at the ER. Not interested today. Out for groceries and such.

Nothing particularly exciting today, snowy and cold outside.
    am: black coffee
    3pm: pepperoni stick (the last one, and I purposefully didn't buy more), few almonds
    6pm: 2 burger patties topped with cheddar, guacamole & salsa, salad of arugula, avocado & walnut with a raspberry vinaigrette.
    Couple of NorCal margaritas.

Nearly 9 hours of sleep, 1-10 am. Yeah, up rather late, once again.

Some browsing in the shops today, nothing purchased. Too much Christmas crap all displayed, frankly, at the moment, I'm not that interested. Funny that we have hubby's work Christmas party to go to in 2 weeks . I have a few dresses hanging in the closet, so don't see the need to shop for dressy stuff this season. I also sorted through some piles of stuff (papers and such) sitting in the corner of my bedroom, and a ton got dumped into the recycle box, and another pile for shredding. Not much, but a small dent in the sorting/organizing list.

Eats:
    B: (1130) 4 eggs on top of a burger pattie smeared with guacamole, black coffee
    tsp of raw local honey late afternoon...had a small craving.
    D: slow roasted beef sirloin roast, arugula salad with walnuts, avocado & raspberry vinaigrette.
    White wine.

I really have to get back into activity this week. Not sure why I didn't over the weekend, like I had thought I would. And I really think I might do an early bedtime tonight...

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    I also sorted through some piles of stuff (papers and such) sitting in the corner of my bedroom, and a ton got dumped into the recycle box, and another pile for shredding. Not much, but a small dent in the sorting/organizing list.
    I have to do this too...

I really have to get back into activity this week.
    Me too.

And I really think I might do an early bedtime tonight...
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Me too
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    shopping without purchasing is unfulfilling!!!!

I too had a huge sortout in the weekend, but not of my paper trails... I cleaned out my wardrobe and drawers.... sorted out what I have got and can still wear, (and then put away neatly) and ditched the complete crap and bagged the stuff I will not wear again but someone else could... It's quite liberating actually.

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Another theme - I had a sortout in the weekend, too. Also did a heap of Christmas shopping. I decided this year is going to be cheap and practical, so boxes of biscuits for the non-primal grownups, wine for some of the others, and bug zappers for the big kids - those things never get old!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Must be fall (or spring for you ladies) cleaning urges...hopefully I can get some more done this week.

I've made a commitment to go to hot yoga tonight...starts in less than an hour. Made dinner for the guys, but I'll have mine later as that's not a good idea on a full stomach, especially since I've not felt that heat for a while. Had a bit of a nibble after work to tide me over.

I read through again that long calorie counting thread that has resurfaced. I knew months ago that the idea is what I need, but have been very lacksadasical about actually sticking to it. Reminding myself just how amazing Paleobird has done is a very good reality check. She's made amazing progress since I met her at PrimalCon last spring, she was just in the early stages of calorie counting/portion control or whatever you want to call it then.

Today's eats:
    B: black coffee
    L: BAS (broccoli slaw, cabbage slaw, cucumber, radish, scallion dressed with some greek yogurt/lemon/dill), 4 small dill pickles, a burger pattie and a few slices of roast beef.
    2 cognac filled dark chocoolates...one of my colleagues returned from a vacation to France married to his partner...we were celebrating!
    S: 2 slices of hot genoa salami, bite of roast beef, 10 pecan halves, bit of brie.

Yoga awaits...should feel nice, considering it's still cold...might by less pleasant upon leaving for a cold car.