Page 118 of 269 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 2688

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 118

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I have to prep for tomorrow...one of the prospects I've mentioned is that I'm applying to transfer back to the regular military from the reserve force. Put in all my paperwork months ago, but the process is slow. I've been working full time backfilling regular force jobs for 6 years steady, including deployments, so why not, as long as I can remain in the same location as hubby. Then 5 more years and I will be able to start collection pension, if I choose to 'retire'. It could work out very well, as it is, as a reservist, I get paid less for doing the same job. So tomorrow I have to do some aptitude testing (yeah, seriously, to see if I'm suitable to do the job I've been doing for 20+ years...) and an interview. Just biting my tongue and going through the process. This has great potential to work out very well for us, so we'll see. Then again, organizations don't always follow the common sense path that seems quite logical. Anyway, pain in the ass, but that's my tomorrow.
    Good luck tomorrow!!!!
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Fuck me.

Thought I'd have a reasonable quiet earlyish night, picked up kid #2 at 10 so I could relax for a bit then off to bed. A dispute between the boys had me pretty much in the middle breaking up what was getting very physical...and both of these kids are bigger than me.

And yes, in case you were wondering, hubby is out of town. Probably better that he is...

So yes, I'm having a glass of wine and then heading off to bed to present myself at my best in the morning...yeah right.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Shit - sorry

Hope you manage to shake it off ok and focus on what you need to tomorrow.

((hugz))

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I knew when your post started "fuck me" there was going to be drama. bloody monsters.

Hope all goes well with your testing and interview. Strange process is right, all that to do a job you're already doing... wtf.

Ah yes, drama. Did my best to have some mature levelheaded chat with each kid, think I got my point across. Of course, it's all the other one's fault. I did sleep well (about 6 hours), and got up early as planned.

The aptitude test was fine, they said I did "very" well (emphasizing the "very" a few times ), and the interview was mostly a check in the box sort of thing. But I learned more about the process, and how it's likely to slow my application for transfer because I'm missing one course, that wasn't mandatory when I was Reg, but is now. I should be able to be granted the qual because of my deployments, in theory at least, but there are a few roadblocks to that. Pile of nonsense crap. Despite the good test and interview, I ended up leaving very frustrated with the whole stupid process, which left me unfocused at work the rest of the day.

Kid #2 had to leave school and come home as he was feeling very nauseated. I saw him when I came home to change after the interview, he found out his best buddy woke up and vomited today, so was home sick too. Maybe some nasty gastro bug. He was asleep when I got home before 5, and although I've been in and out waking him since about 7, he's still falling back asleep. He'll survive without dinner, I might just close his door and let him hopefully sleep until morning. He must need it. Hopefully better in the morning.

Eats:
    B: black coffee
    L: 4 jumbo eggs + 2 whites scrambled in coconut ghee with cream, cinnamon & stevia (saw this idea in someone's post, sort of french toast flavour). Was okay, but should have used a larger pan to get some browned bits.
    S: after work...a few almonds
    D: most of a t-bone steak, sauteed mushrooms. Red wine, cause it was that sort of day.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Shit - sorry

((hugz))
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    The aptitude test was fine, they said I did "very" well (emphasizing the "very" a few times ), and the interview was mostly a check in the box sort of thing. But I learned more about the process, and how it's likely to slow my application for transfer because I'm missing one course, that wasn't mandatory when I was Reg, but is now. I should be able to be granted the qual because of my deployments, in theory at least, but there are a few roadblocks to that. Pile of nonsense crap. Despite the good test and interview, I ended up leaving very frustrated with the whole stupid process, which left me unfocused at work the rest of the day.
    It's great that you did "very" well Sorry the process is so frustrating.
    Have some more wine tonight
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Suse is offline Senior Member
    hope the bug doesnt become contagious in your house.

yeah, definitely drink wine!!!

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    hope the bug doesnt become contagious in your house.

^ this - especially about the bug. Does wine kill bacteria??
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Does wine kill bacteria??
    Dunno, but I figure it's gotta be worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by winencandy View Post
    Have some more wine tonight
    Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    . Does wine kill bacteria??
    Quote Originally Posted by NourishedEm View Post
    Dunno, but I figure it's gotta be worth a try.
    Is it just me, or am I sensing a theme here? heheheh
    Perhaps it's working, cuz I feel just fine . The other kid is sniffling too.

Yes, I had a bit more wine. And the kid is better today, after sleeping for over 14 hours...though now he has sinus congestion, runny nose and a cough. He had breakfast, then called me at work at 10 saying he was "starving", and didn't have time to make a lunch before he left (I get him up then leave before he does)...so ended up delivering him some food at lunchtime. I figured he needed that.

Eats:
    B: black coffee
    L: BAS, few oz of steak with mushrooms. 3 pickles.
    after work: one pepperoni stick
    D (830pm): 3 fried eggs with a bunch of bacon.
    A glass of wine.

A bunch of drama to deal with at work today (better there than at home). Wasn't my drama, but up to me to deal with it, then report back to my boss. I think it went well.

It's supposed to snow tonight. There's a skiff on the ground now, but over the next few days there might be 5+ cm...