Page 117 of 273 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 2729

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 117

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    a big jar of organic virgin coconut oil with ghee from grass fed cows. It tastes amazing, reminds me of how movie popcorn used to taste when they used coconut oil to pop and topped with real butter. It has the lovely ghee flavour, but mildly so, and the coconuttyness is toned way down too, so it could have a lot more uses for cooking where the coconut taste isn't really desired. Expensive, but I had to buy it!
    This sounds AMAZING!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    I have a pork shoulder roast in the oven, and am hoping for good cracklings. It's looking pretty decent so far. No doubt I'll get complaints from the family about it being a fatty roast...gee, sucks to be them. They can eat leftover pork chops if they want instead. This potential porcine delight will be thoroughly enjoyed by me.
    My crackling adventures are very hit and miss - I do the same thing everytime, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. On the occasions it doesn't though, I cut off the skin when the roast is done and then pop it (the skin) back in the oven and crank it up while the meat is resting. That's a no-fail solution.

Oh I agree - sucks to the family if they don't like it. My kids fight over the fat so I have the opposite problem!

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    The cracklings turned out not too bad, I've had better, but also had worse. And the roast was very fatty , so I had some comments about that. Then as I was multitasking with the meal and distracted by the cracklings, I realized from the burning smell that I had turned on the burner under the mashed potatoes (for the boys) rather than the broccoli...oops.

Ate pork, cracklings & roast veg. Now feel like I'm in fat overload...seems to be a high fat low carb sort of day.

And it's lightly snowing...bah humbug.

Tomorrow I'll get off my ass and get stuff done. The remainder of today will be as lazy as the rest of the weekend .

Suse is offline Senior Member
    I cant believe you're heading back into snow again.... it really does seem like just yesterday you were talking about floating in the pool....

grr I hate it when I get distracted when cooking and stuff something up. I hardly ever cook pork but now my salivary glands are working overtime thinking about it (cause I havent had lunch - just mini toblerones)

Jac
    Jac is offline Senior Member
    Mmm - I have a leg of pork defrosting as I write. Great minds, right?? I just had scrambled eggs for lunch, but still am looking forward to dinner!
    Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

"There's a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path" - Morpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Suse View Post
    I cant believe you're heading back into snow again.... it really does seem like just yesterday you were talking about floating in the pool....
    Yeah, sad isn't it? I think I was in the pool 2 months ago for the last time this season. Now just have to wait until June and hope for another hot summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Jac View Post
    Mmm - I have a leg of pork defrosting as I write. Great minds, right?? I just had scrambled eggs for lunch, but still am looking forward to dinner!
    Hooray for porky goodness

Close to 7 hours of sleep, could have used more. We went to parent teacher interviews at the high school. I was encouraged by what son #2's teachers had to say. He needs to hand in a bunch of unfinished assignments, but they see he's very intelligent, and seems to be putting in more effort in some of the classes than earlier in the semester, which is a good sign. Despite the rocky start to the year, and his own adolescent issues, they feel confident that he'll sort himself out in the right direction in time. I hope they're right, they've obviously dealt with a lot more teenaged boys than I. So all in all, encouraging.

Eats:
    B: black coffee/IF
    L: big bowl of squash soup with scallions, cilantro & lime, 1 1/2 pork chops
    D: few pork cracklings while prepping, BAS, 2 chicken thighs & one leg
    Still feeling like something, so an hour post dinner I thoroughly enjoyed a granny smith apple with almond butter. Been eyeballing this for a while...the last apple I had was disappointing, so I picked out a more tart specimen. Saved it for a few days, which made it taste even nicer.

Tonight I think I'll get reading Mark's new book, which has been here since I got home from travelling a week ago and haven't really started yet, just a quick browse.

Good to hear about Son # 1, sometimes it helps to get some outside perspective, especially from, as you say, more experienced people.

I bought Mark's new book too, it hasn't arrived yet but I actually got it for my Mum, she'd never read the Primal Blueprint and I'm hoping that a set of simple instructions will help her to make the transition. She already believes what I tell here about the science, but she's not the sort of person who wants to figure stuff out on her own. I'm hoping this will be the answer.
    It's not wrong for me to read it before I give it to her though is it?

Suse is offline Senior Member
    well if your summer follows like ours, it will be short. It seems to be taking its time to actually get here.

Good news on the boy. Here's hoping all the major issues are behind you now!

Eats:
    black coffee
    L: BAS- greens, cucumber, tomato, celery, scallion, kalmata olives, pork crackling croutons, balsamic vinaigrette; one chicken thigh, couple ounces of roast pork
    D: last of the cracklings, bowl of squash soup, last of the roast pork. Was thinking about eggs, but not sure I need them now.

My workday was tied up with dealing with an issue that didn't need to be, and took up far too much of both my and some others' time. I hate that nonsense. Left early for the orthodontist with son #2, we were rushed as both boys had an unexpected soccer game (school indoor team, first of the season), and since we were running quite late, rush hour traffic and the route not familiar to driving son#1, I opted to take them and watch the game. They got squashed. Oops! But it was good to see them play.

I have to prep for tomorrow...one of the prospects I've mentioned is that I'm applying to transfer back to the regular military from the reserve force. Put in all my paperwork months ago, but the process is slow. I've been working full time backfilling regular force jobs for 6 years steady, including deployments, so why not, as long as I can remain in the same location as hubby. Then 5 more years and I will be able to start collection pension, if I choose to 'retire'. It could work out very well, as it is, as a reservist, I get paid less for doing the same job. So tomorrow I have to do some aptitude testing (yeah, seriously, to see if I'm suitable to do the job I've been doing for 20+ years...) and an interview. Just biting my tongue and going through the process. This has great potential to work out very well for us, so we'll see. Then again, organizations don't always follow the common sense path that seems quite logical. Anyway, pain in the ass, but that's my tomorrow.

I was planning on returning and doing a hot yoga class tonight at 6, but didn't get home from soccer till nearly 6, and I'm not up for the 9pm class. That's okay. Perhaps tomorrow??

Hubby opened a bottle of red last evening, so I had some. Tonight we'll see. I'm a little keyed up about tomorrow, though I probably shouldn't be, so maybe yes.

Good luck with the application, aptitude test and accompanying bureaucracy. I am in the middle of a similar process applying for my RN registration, even though I've been registered as an Enrolled Nurse for 3 years, they want all the same information, certified by a JP again! They have all of this already from my initial EN application but will they use it? Nooooo!! Damn public service!

Anyway, I really hope this all works out for you.

Aifah0qua is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Sounds like you're doing really well.

Great on the reduction in cravings! I'm going through some withdraws myself right now. Oh, and sleep- yes- we need sleep!

Hope your son is okay!