Page 116 of 261 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126166216 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 2609

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 116

Suse is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    yum, scotch eggs. That takes me back... I'm so going to make some sometime soon.

It's a shame you're still having issues with no.2. Lack of sleep is a real pain in the butt and I feel for you. I'm hoping your 32 minute countdown ended on time!

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    Ha, the 32 minutes turned into 32 plus about 45...but I slept well.

The recert course today was nice and relaxed. We finished early (yay), so I was home around 230. And I took a nap (interrupted by the kids coming home...but was good regardless). Day off tomorrow, woohoo .

Not particularly hungry today. I've been having frequent belly aches over the past month or a bit more, with added bathroom issues. I've been suspecting some foods, but with a bit of trial and error, haven't really pinpointed anything particular with consistency. Maybe it's tied into my inadequate sleep and kid stress too. So will attempt to just stick to whole food sources, and see where this goes. Today has been not much food intake, but maybe the break will do me some good, and the belly is fine today. A bit peckish right now, but nothing looks particularly interesting. There were plenty of leftovers for the boys, so I didn't cook supper. Maybe some eggs later, maybe not.

I roasted some grass fed beef bones found hidden in the back of the freezer, which are now in the slow cooker for the next 2 days or so for bone broth. I had some of the marrow with celtic sea salt after roasting before tossing them in the pot. Nomnomnom. The fat left in the pan after roasting is I suppose beef tallow, so I saved it, maybe a half cup or so.

Eats:
    black coffee
    green tea
    3pm: the last 4 chicken wings
    630pm: greek yogurt with frozen blueberries and unsweetened shredded coconut
    730pm: couple teaspoons of marrow
    Presently enjoying a glass of wine.

No kid issues thus far today .

Hubby gets home late tomorrow night, he's been away since Monday. And gone again next week.

I was feeling like making some primal pumpkin protein bars (found this recipe: Pumpkin Protein Bars [low carb, sugar free, grain free]), but didn't, as if I do, I suspect I may eat several, though heavy lifting son #1 would help me out .

This morning I drove son #2 to school, and thought I'd pull a winencandy move and go back to bed, as I'd had about 7 hours of sleep but wanted more . It seemed after 15 min that I'd missed my window, so though I would have loved more sleep, I got up. Puttered around the house, went and changed the kid's gym membership to me, as I confirmed that he was fine with that. So now that I'm paying for me, I'd better get on with using it. Picked up some spices at a neat bulk food store, and restocked some groceries.

At the liquor store they had samples of coconut flavoured vodka, so I thought "why not?". It had a nice taste, but it would have been a hell of a lot better without all the added SUGAR. Very sweet. Disappointing. I don't see purchasing any of that. Then I noticed a bunch of new other flavoured vodkas. All with added sugar. CAKE flavoured vodka. WHIPPED CREAM flavoured vodka. WTF?? Who wants that crap? A good vodka is just fine either on the rocks, with lime & soda, or maybe for a splurge, a bit of kaluah. Nothing more needed. Or perhaps a bloody spicy caesar in the summer.

I've made a huge pot of squash soup, just had some tastes and will have a big bowl a little later. Made something new for dinner: chicken tenders seasoned with garlic powder/onion powder/paprika and then wrapped with a half slice of bacon each. Quite tasty and a winner for the boys. Both of them came out of their rooms and downstairs to check it out when they noticed the aroma of bacon wafting up the stairs...too funny. I got rather annoyed with son #1, as he was balancing his plate on the small lip of counter in front of the sink to get his food (and I've told hundreds of times to not leave dishes there...), when of course, the dinner plate (one of a nice set of 8, which I cannot find another set anywhere) crashed and shattered. Not that it was expensive, but now my set of 8 is minus one.

Eats:
    black coffee
    10 am: 3 jumbo eggs fried in ghee, one german smokie, one coconut date roll.
    530 pm: 4 bacon wrapped chicken tenders. A few nibbles of bacon bits I'd cooked for the soup garnish.
    will be soup a little later
    glass of wine

Kind of odd right now...I delivered both boys out to places for the evening 2 hours ago, and hubby is on his flight home, so I'm on my own for most of the evening. I've had a few such evenings lately, but am not taking advantage of them. Since the kids schedules cut back a while ago, I've not filling up my newly found free time very well. I did more in the summer, but now it's dark before 530, so I just feel like crawling into my jammies and sitting online or reading or with the TV. That is going to have to stop. Perhaps this could be good gym time, since I've not been getting there much at work. I used to workout in the evenings a couple of years ago when I belonged to that gym before. And I still have the pass for 20 hot yoga classes, that I haven't used in months.

Alright, I could just sit here on my ass till hubby gets home, but think I'll get a few things done. Always crap to get done around the house.

marcadav is online now Senior Member
    My sister just bought and tried whipped cream vodka with OJ. She said it was fantastic- tasted like a Creamsicle.

Quote Originally Posted by marcadav View Post
    My sister just bought and tried whipped cream vodka with OJ. She said it was fantastic- tasted like a Creamsicle.
    Yes, I suppose it would.

I've not been into sweet drinks for a very long time, so not really my style. Long before PB, I was often the one with the beer, while hubby was into the sweet cooler type "girly" drinks .

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    This morning I drove son #2 to school, and thought I'd pull a winencandy move and go back to bed, as I'd had about 7 hours of sleep but wanted more .
    HA!! iLove this

It seemed after 15 min that I'd missed my window, so though I would have loved more sleep, I got up.
    Too bad it didn't work for you

At the liquor store they had samples of coconut flavoured vodka, so I thought "why not?". It had a nice taste, but it would have been a hell of a lot better without all the added SUGAR. Very sweet. Disappointing. I don't see purchasing any of that. Then I noticed a bunch of new other flavoured vodkas. All with added sugar. CAKE flavoured vodka. WHIPPED CREAM flavoured vodka. WTF?? Who wants that crap? A good vodka is just fine either on the rocks, with lime & soda, or maybe for a splurge, a bit of kaluah. Nothing more needed. Or perhaps a bloody spicy caesar in the summer.
    Wow. Before PB I would have had to buy all of those flavours!
    Now...not so much...
    I agree with your present vodka options (although there was one summer night of the endless Ceasar - I just couldn't mix it "right". Of course mixing it on a tailgate while camping might have had something to do with that - anyway...that was a BAD night )

Made something new for dinner: chicken tenders seasoned with garlic powder/onion powder/paprika and then wrapped with a half slice of bacon each. Quite tasty and a winner for the boys.
    Sounds excellent!
    Sorry about your plate

I did more in the summer, but now it's dark before 530, so I just feel like crawling into my jammies and sitting online or reading or with the TV. That is going to have to stop.
    Me too...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Something like 8 hours of sleep, then dressed up and off to Remembrance Day services. Less emotional for me this year than last. It still brings me back to the feelings experienced those many times standing on the runway in Kandahar 3 years ago, saluting while watching the flag draped coffins be carried past on the way to the awaiting aircraft...nuff said there.

Browsed a gourmet type shop in the afternoon, picking up stuff for dinner, then took a good hour nap till kid texts woke me up. Plus a very apologetic phone call from son #1...seems he was distracted by friends in the car after the gym with fogged up windows...hit a curb and flattened one of my tires. Hubby went to the rescue, so the kid learned how to change a tire. Tomorrow he gets to assist with changing them all to snow tires.

Eats:
    black coffee
    L: squash soup with added shrimp. A squeeze of fresh lime on top makes it even better
    a pepperoni stick. bit of upset belly afterwards, but not for too long.
    2 squares of dark chocolate
    D: grilled sirloin, marinated with evoo/garlic/rosemary/coarse sea salt/pepper, asparagus, mushrooms. One rum & diet coke (very sweet), shared bottle of cabernet. Cup of gelato: hazelnut and strawberry.
    Nightcap of a white russian. Also very sweet.

I think I'll be full till dinner tomorrow, which is sad, since I have leftover steak. I suppose the steak & eggs will wait until Sunday.

It turns out that the flattened tire is actually split, so is unrepairable. And of course, you can't replace just one tire, minimum is 2, ideally all 4 should be replaced at the same time. So 2 it will be. A rather expensive lesson for son #1, as he has to pay for the tires. Dingbat. At least the snow tires are ready to go on, so the replacement can wait until spring.

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Something like 8 hours of sleep, then dressed up and off to Remembrance Day services. Less emotional for me this year than last. It still brings me back to the feelings experienced those many times standing on the runway in Kandahar 3 years ago, saluting while watching the flag draped coffins be carried past on the way to the awaiting aircraft...nuff said there.
    I can't begin to imagine what you've experienced.
    {{{hug}}}
    I'm glad it was less emotional this year.

It turns out that the flattened tire is actually split, so is unrepairable. And of course, you can't replace just one tire, minimum is 2, ideally all 4 should be replaced at the same time. So 2 it will be. A rather expensive lesson for son #1, as he has to pay for the tires. Dingbat. At least the snow tires are ready to go on, so the replacement can wait until spring.
    At least it was a "safe" life lesson, no one was hurt.
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

It's been a pretty unproductive weekend, what can I say? Household shopping, some laundry, and general laziness. I did go today to a health food organic shop for natural calm, kombucha, bought liquid stevia for the first time, and sound something new and cool...a big jar of organic virgin coconut oil with ghee from grass fed cows. It tastes amazing, reminds me of how movie popcorn used to taste when they used coconut oil to pop and topped with real butter. It has the lovely ghee flavour, but mildly so, and the coconuttyness is toned way down too, so it could have a lot more uses for cooking where the coconut taste isn't really desired. Expensive, but I had to buy it!

Yesterday's eats:
    2pm: 2 jumbo soft boiled eggs, couple of almonds, few raspberries
    630: 2 small pork chops, roasted cauliflower, brussel sprouts, broccoli, mushrooms, cup of gelato
    one vodka soda, a good bit of wine, plus cava in the hot tub
    later - pepperoni stick, few more almonds, havarti cheese. Think I didn't eat enough earlier in the day

Today:
    noon: steak & eggs
    4pm: club soda with hwc, vanilla extract & a couple drops of stevia. Yum. (stolen from Flaura's journal, and somebody elses...?)

I have a pork shoulder roast in the oven, and am hoping for good cracklings. It's looking pretty decent so far. No doubt I'll get complaints from the family about it being a fatty roast...gee, sucks to be them. They can eat leftover pork chops if they want instead. This potential porcine delight will be thoroughly enjoyed by me.