Page 115 of 268 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 2679

Thread: Primal Journal **Greensprout** page 115

winencandy is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Wishing you another safe flight, good eats and no teen problems while you are away.

Quote Originally Posted by Greensprout View Post
    2 rum & zevia
    I should try that...
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Greensprout is offline Senior Member
    I'm home.

A good week, though I found some of those pralines that I had in New Orleans last winter. Far too much sugary unprimal decadence. And that led to a number of small halloween chocolate bar things during the snack breaks at the conference. Not so good. At least there were several meals of nice fresh seafood. No workouts, walking or stretching/physio to speak of either. Well, a bit of walking in downtown Savannah, but not with exercise in mind at the time. Nightly wine with dinner as well.

Today was a stupid long day. Up before 4am (3 in home time zone) for 6 am flight. Snoozed a bit, then the expected 2 hour stop in Chicago ended up with aircraft problems once again, so we left there 3 hours late. Finally home 12+ hours after getting up for less than 5 hours of flying time.

Dinner of steak, mushrooms, asparagus, wine, with a norCal margarita while prepping. Soon for the hottub and bed. I'm rather overtired at the moment. Hooray for the weekend.

All reports say no issues from the kid front this week. Son #1 is going along with the "mo-vember" theme of not shaving...before he left for work this evening (in my car, of course), he asked me to feel his 'beard'...that fuzz along the jawbone is rather cute!

Your travel day sounds horrible

I'm glad you're back
    "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
    "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
    "Moderation sucks." Suse
    "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Decided to pass on the hottub, but waited up until son #1 returned from work around midnight, then chatted with him for a bit. Then I fell into bed and slept for about 11 hours...guess I needed it, as I awoke feeling reasonably rested.

Unpacking, laundry, groceries, and had to have MY car home before 4 so son could use it to go to work. Funny, that. But it's nice to not have to take him and then pick him up late.

Eats:
    B: black coffee
    a pepperoni stick late afternoon
    D: sweet potato hash (grated, sauteed in coconut oil with garlic, cinnamon, cayenne) topped with grass fed ground beef crumbled with onion, mushrooms, bison stock & spinach, all topped with scallions. Was kind of thrown together, but mighty tasty. A good sized fresh praline.
    2 norCal margaritas, a glass of white.

Tonight will be the hot tub with some cava. Those bubbles have been waiting patiently in the fridge for a few weeks for hubby and I to find some hot tub time on a weekend .

Despite the huge sleep in, I'm feeling kind of tired. I suppose the longstanding sleep deficit needs more than one night to make up...

I ended up eating too many potato chips last night...wasn't really hungry, but they were there. Bad idea.

A decent 10 hours of sleep, gotta like the extra hour in the day with the time change switch off of daylight savings time. Tired again tonight, still working on that deficit. Some laundry, browsing in a home store (didn't buy anything). I made scotch eggs today, they're pretty awesome. Spicy pork sausage wrapped around a soft boiled egg, rolled in parmesan. Son #2 wasn't impressed (he's picky about his eggs), but #1 was very pleased, being the protein loading hound that he is. I warned him that the 5 in the fridge are not just for him!!

Eats:
    black coffee
    small slice of jalapeno havarti
    1/3 of a scotch egg to taste
    pile of oven baked hot wings
    one square of hazlenut dark chocolate
    2 norCal margaritas (cheap duty free tequila from last trip), glass of white

It's been cold, windy and rainy all day. Now it's snowing. Hubby just went out to the hot tub, I'm not feeling that adventurous tonight.

Not particularly looking forward to getting back to the office tomorrow. A lot of stuff waiting for me to get done. Physio too, I should have been stretching and such more in the last 2 weeks, but is hard with the travelling. We'll see how that goes. I reconfirmed with son #2 that he is good with me taking over his gym membership, so plan to take care of that this week too.

In physio today, despite my lack of doing my 'homework', I have more mobility/flexibility in the hip and hamstring on the sore side. I'm told to start back with the gym, lifting, and walking with working up to running. I think my next appointment will be a trial of such, so I suppose I'd better get started back this week.

Kind of bummed this evening. Still working through some major issues with son #2 and his adjustment to his orthodontic appliance (a palate widener, which is actually not a very nice thing, and a huge impact on a kid dealing with a lot of other things. It is really getting to me too. I get to deal with his moodiness and anger. Not so good.

Eats:
    B: black coffee
    some nuts that were left in my travel bag from the recent trips
    L: green salad with a scotch egg
    D: ground beef with spinach, mushrooms, cabbage & sauerkraut, bit of taco seasoned ground beef
    My LAST praline. Damnable things.
    A vodka soda with lime.

Yeah, sleep is calling.

Same old story, sleep was calling but I didn't answer. The kid stuff had my mind rolling, then son #1 came down to cook eggs as I was attempting to move myself upstairs to bed. He was rather chatty, and we had a good conversation about his future education plans and his thoughts on what he'll do if we do end up moving to Europe in 3 years, at which point he should be just finished his first year of university. I'm glad that he has some goals in mind and a good sense of direction, though he's still trying to figure out what program he plans to take in school. He still has time to sort that out. I'm not too concerned about how things will work out there. It's the other one that worries me.

So I was up way too late, dragged myself up after less than 6 hours of sleep. I was most of the way to work when son #2 called that he just missed the bus once again, so I turned around to get him to school on time so he didn't miss any more classes (we've been having issues here), consequently I was quite late to work. Good thing I have a supportive, relaxed atmosphere in the office, if there aren't meetings or travel going on. I just work through lunch, and don't fit in a workout if I have to miss time due to family things.

I'm feeling very tired now. And I have to review a bunch of stuff for a recert course at the hospital tomorrow. Bah. At least I decided to take Thursday off, so can catch up on some things at home and have a day to myself, Friday is off aside from Remembrance Day ceremonies, so I've given myself a long weekend.

Inadequate sleep is probably my biggest issue right now, significantly affected by stuff with the kid(s). I don't like to turn in if they're not home (especially on a weeknight), so early is out...usually they'll be in by 10 or 1030, which I'm okay with, but then after waiting for them, I end up doing nothing further productive, but am still up for a while, hence not enough sleep. I've got to sort this out. Seriously.

Eats:
    black coffee
    L: scotch egg, salad with cabbage, cucumber, scallion, lemon vinaigrette mixed with a bit of greek yogurt, 3 small dill pickles
    S: after work hunger, a pepperoni stick (I should stop buying those) and a few almonds
    D: 2 german smoked sausages, sauerkraut.
    I've been having cravings for the fermented foods the past few days. The sauerkraut from the farmer's market is now gone.

Tonights plan is to review articles for tomorrow, and hopefully get to bed much earlier than yesterday. Son #1 is at a practice, #2 at a friend's place in the neighbourhood. Unfortunately, his phone got wet last night, so I can't text him, but he'll be checking in soon and I've already told him to not be out late today (yesterday I picked him up before 830). We'll see how this works out.

If I can do better on the sleep for the next few days, I should feel more motivated to get to the gym, I've been seriously lacking on that drive for a while now. Yet once I get moving, I keep moving. I'll get back there soon.

I ended up eating too many potato chips last night...wasn't really hungry, but they were there. Bad idea.
    It happens

Kind of bummed this evening. Still working through some major issues with son #2 and his adjustment to his orthodontic appliance (a palate widener, which is actually not a very nice thing, and a huge impact on a kid dealing with a lot of other things. It is really getting to me too. I get to deal with his moodiness and anger. Not so good.
    I know it's big now, but this too will pass.
    You have the strength to help him through this.

I'm feeling very tired now. And I have to review a bunch of stuff for a recert course at the hospital tomorrow. Bah. At least I decided to take Thursday off, so can catch up on some things at home and have a day to myself, Friday is off aside from Remembrance Day ceremonies, so I've given myself a long weekend.
    Hopefully you can get caught up on your sleep this weekend.
    "Moderation sucks." Suse

Winencandy

Kie4baa5haec is offline Junior Member
    Heading off Thurs evening for a 2 night getaway to a cottage at a resort with some good friends. We had them for dinner last weekend and served a primal meal, which everyone loved. They're cooking for us on Thurs, so we told them we won't be eating grains...they were a bit skeptical, but at least I'm pretty sure pasta won't be on the menu! Told them any combination of meat/veg/salad will be perfect. Should be a great adult getaway, but have to be home early Sat, as younger son has a soccer game. The second night away we'll eat in the restaurant in the lodge, I recall some great lamb the last time we were there, so no worries about finding something good to eat. Much looking forward to some couple time, we don't make the time for such things often enough.

^
    Seriously? Spam cut and paste from over a year ago in my own journal? WTF?? What is it with these idiots?

Anyway, both boys are in, I've done a good bit of review for tomorrow, should finish it off, but think I'll leave it. It will all be gone over in the lectures and hands on practice anyway. It's a biennial review/recert of advanced cardiac life support, with the newest guidelines and a few changes.

Both boys are home, kid #2 is in a better mood, particularly since pulling his phone out of the bowl of rice where it's been sitting since it's dunking last night...and it seems to be working. Whew. I told him to leave it to dry more overnight, just to be on the safe side. My plan now (really) is to be in bed for 11, so I'm on my 32 minute countdown (with one glass of wine). Fresh bedding all ready to climb into. I also had a belly ache earlier this evening, which wasn't helping my mood. It seems better now, more so after having a kombucha earlier.